Kobasew Traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: Kobasew Traded

He was one of the few forwards on this club who was willing to take the body. I hope this is part of a greater plan because we just got even softer. I will say that his play was disappointing thus far, but so was everyone else but Savard. I'm starting to become concerned with the competence of Chiarelli and Julien. If salary cap was an issue did they have to pay 3 Million for Hunwick, Bitz, and Recchi? It seems obvious to that there were guys in Providence who could have filled those spots...Sobotka, Marchand, and Boychuk??????????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

In Response to Re: Kobasew Traded:
    [QUOTE]Bruins had to give Kobasew away because of Chiarellis cap mis management
    Posted by HeraldReader08[/QUOTE]

This looks like a great deal for the B's...a prospect, 2nd round pick (its the Wild so its basically a late 1st round pick) and we freed up 2.3 mil in cap space.  I'll take it.  We have either Marchand or Sobotka to replace him (both seem capable).  If he can somehow work the same magic with Ferrance....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

[QUOTE]We've lost about 60+ goals from last year: Kessel's 36, Kobasew's 21 and now some of Lucic's. I know Sturm is going to make up some of that, but we're still down a lot from last year. Hopefully Marchand can score up here, because Fallstrom is a few years away, and the draft picks for Kessel and Kobasew are years away from contributing too. Nice to have all the picks, but somebody has to score this year. We now have about $4M in cap space. I'd love to see the Bruins go after Kovalchuk around Chriistmas. We need a sniper. If Ference does end up being shipped out, I like Boychuck a lot, I'm fine with him becoming our #6 D-man, but who becomes the 7th D-man? Who's the next D-man down in Providence?
    Posted by BruinsFaninOntario[/QUOTE]

Wozniewski in Providence

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hate to say this...but I think I owe dk46 a $.  I'm stunned that the Wild gave up not just a 2nd, but a 2nd and players - even career minor leaguers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Well, I'm not going to give Marchand any love. I don't like the guy at all. I watched him in Providence last year during the Calder Cup playoffs and the guy is a cry baby. He is a big time whiner. Every time he got hit, he cried to the ref. He has offensive skills but he isn't tough at all.

I don't like getting rid of Kobasew. I like his energy and his willingness to hit, He isn't afraid to stand in front of the net.  Substituting Marchand for Kobasew doesn't make the team stronger at all. It weakens it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Another injury prone player gone. As much as I like the way he plays the game you just can't rely on him, nothing career threatening but always something.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Disk0thek. Show Disk0thek's posts

Great trade return.  I thought Kobasew was worth a 2nd or 3rd by himself.  But one prospect with decent potential and a 4th line/AHL fighter along with a 2nd is awesome.

Saves us some cap space and gives Sobotka and Marchand the chance they want and deserve.  With Lucic on IR and Kobasew out Marchand and Sobotka should get plenty of playing time.

Good move by Chia.  I wish "straight line" Kobasew well in Minny!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins had to give Kobasew away because of Chiarellis cap mis management
    Posted by HeraldReader08[/QUOTE]

We did NOT give away Kobasew dude...really. your suffering from "shaken baby dis-allusional Bruins rocks in head syndrome" Dr.Gregory House. MD.Cry

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

I'm not happy about it, but I understand why the Bruins traded Kobasew. I just don't think Marchand is the answer and I don't think Wellar is much help to the organization. I'd rather see Zach Hamill be given a shot.

As for Kovalchuk, I don't think he'll be available in December. Atlanta is playing pretty well at the moment and as long as they're in the hunt for the playoffs, I think they'll keep Kovalchuk. If he gets moved, it will be closer to the trade deadline  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kobasew Traded : Wozniewski in Providence
    Posted by fireballer58[/QUOTE]

Wozniewski had a terrible pre-season.  Fata was much better. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Disk0thek. Show Disk0thek's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not happy about it, but I understand why the Bruins traded Kobasew. I just don't think Marchand is the answer and I don't think Wellar is much help to the organization. I'd rather see Zach Hamill be given a shot.
    Posted by lordy4[/QUOTE]

Must say I disagree about Hamill.  Sobotka has put in his dues and we need a winger up in Boston, not a center.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFU-Yankee-fans. Show STFU-Yankee-fans's posts

[QUOTE]Don't worry guys, there are a million Chuck Kobasews out there.
    Posted by fireballer58[/QUOTE]

100% could not agree with more with that statment.
    Dump salary...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Gotta agree with dkrejci46 on this one and if this PK, PP trend continues tweaking the lineup ain't gonna cut it. I believe PC has more on the burner sooner than later.

This was a great move by PC "Wake up Bruins!" "No one is safe." Good move!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCup2010. Show BruinsCup2010's posts

Why didn't we get rid of Kobasew this offseason to make room for Kessel? Seems ridiculous that we clear cap space now. With all these picks the B's have accumulated I certainly think they will acquire a big name scorer in March. Kovalchuk would be awesome!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Disk0thek. Show Disk0thek's posts

[QUOTE]Why didn't we get rid of Kobasew this offseason to make room for Kessel? Seems ridiculous that we clear cap space now. With all these picks the B's have accumulated I certainly think they will acquire a big name scorer in March. Kovalchuk would be awesome!
    Posted by BruinsCup2010[/QUOTE]

Kobasews salary alone wouldn't give us enough space to make room for Kessel.  I doubt Kessel was really in their plans going forward anyways.  In June it was more like "OK, we've tried to dump him several times with no result, might as well try and sign him."  In which case Kessel and his agent were like "eff that, payday, thank you very much."

I'm glad we parted ways with Kessel, 5.4M would be ridiculous.  I like him as a player, but not at that price which would've handcuffed the B's even worse this coming offseason. Thank you Toronto for Taylor Hall!  Laughing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kobasew Traded : Wozniewski had a terrible pre-season.  Fata was much better. 
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

Yes, good point, Wozniewski I believe was a former Maple Leaf and was just brutal with his giveaways. Even the Leafs thought he was dreadful. Fata, on the other hand, I think was respectable in the pre-season. I forgot about him. Oh well, let's see what happens next. If Ference goes, Fata will get minutes, but we may be going after a big-time scorer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm surprised nobody brought Kobasew's fanned shot in OT against the Canes last playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I have said since training camp Marchand should have made this team.I think P.C. made a good move cap good move tells these guys time to stop fooling around.I like the fact Marchand is good around the net and not afraid to get physical.Should provide a sorely missed in your face type of style,Svobotka should help their physical game too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

[QUOTE]Another injury prone player gone. As much as I like the way he plays the game you just can't rely on him, nothing career threatening but always something.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Weller, the "depth" player coming back is also injury prone with LLS (Lindros-Lafontaine Syndrome) aka several concussions.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlprentiss. Show rlprentiss's posts

How can you knock on Lafontaine that man was gold!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

I dont like the timing of this deal with the Lucic injury.We are losing alot of toughness. I think that we should have called up Marchand or Sobotka for Lucic.What will we do if we get more injuries in the next month. Kobasew always gave a solid effort and had a cap friendly number.
    As for Kovalchuk, Pierre Lebrun was saying on Saturday night that he believed that Kovalchuk would sign an extension within a month and if he didn't , he could become the first young Nhl star heading to the KHL next year
    I like both Marchand and Sobotka, but a definite thumbs down for the timing of this trade

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Hate this, this is not the answer, steady 20 goal scorer for nothing. The cap has nothing to do with this yet, until a salary guy comes, not a minimum from AHL.

Nothing- an AHL bum, an unsigned player(if another Wheeler type could sign for someone else) and a 2011 pick- a bunch of ifs.

Why trade him for nothing, I'm pretty sure he would have sweetened any deal for whomever we go after, preferably Koval.

Him plus Ference(came with Kobie,he will go with him) + our AHL bum plus prospect Plus pick for Kov. or 2 picks I don't care if it is 5 picks.

Make the blockbuster don't just give them away and yes at this time it is a give away.

I love March coming up, he should never have gone down. Sobot has played well he wanted back as well. Hopefully they play like they can, their determination is great indeed, as is Lovecchio's(love the way he always drives to the net, not just a skate by).

Woz is lighting it up down there and a plus 4, he will probably replace Ference if he goes (Woz is still better than Hnidy and Montador). Fata is a minus and is he injured, what happened ti Kwiet?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

now we can trade 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks to Toronto and pry Kessel back from Toronto , go get em Chiapet!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

I tell ya, come trade deadline I would luv to see the Bruins get rid of all da bums!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I tell ya, come trade deadline I would luv to see the Bruins get rid of all da bums!
    Posted by anthony3063[/QUOTE]

You're posts are pretty dull.  I would love to know what team you go for. 
    Surely you're not a Bruins fan because you're only good to bash. Never anything constructive.
    I'm not saying that the Bruins do everything well but you just repeat the same thing over and over again.
    Here !  Now I gave you some attention maybe you'll soften up a little.
    You don't have to be a Bruins fan to come on these boards but at least make discussion.
    It's no wonder everyone here using the ignore option on you.