kobasew will be traded to make room for kess

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ignaceontario. Show ignaceontario's posts

kobasew will be traded to make room for kess

end of discussion we will miss your gritt chucky

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ignaceontario. Show ignaceontario's posts

Re: kobasew will be traded to make room for kess

In Response to kobasew will be traded to make room for kess:
    [QUOTE]end of discussion we will miss your gritt chucky
    Posted by ignaceontario[/QUOTE]

his 2.3 mill plus 1.7 left over equals 4 mill kess in lineup

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

yea for an extra 2.3 and change who would you rather have ,,its a no brainer

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoldOnBlack. Show GoldOnBlack's posts

At this point i would guess Chia is looking to offer Kess 3 mil. for 1 season to see what this kid is really made of. If he's willing to sin a multi year 4 mil. ontract i'm all for that, but Kess knows that if he plays to par this season he's in for a steep raise next season. Everyone goes home happy until next summer, sounds good to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I really believed (believe) this guy can pot 30 goals if remained(s) healthy.
    Yes,  he or a defense can be part of cap shedding if they need to match an offer sheet for Kessel.
    Even if they don't match a deal for Kessel or trade him be ready for the Bruins to make cap space anyhow.  Via a trade you would think they might bring someone else in and this requires cap space.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The Bs signing a depth defenseman today could mean ferrence or wideman gone also..add that to kobies salary..interesting

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In Response to kobasew will be traded to make room for kess:
    [QUOTE]end of discussion we will miss your gritt chucky
    Posted by ignaceontario[/QUOTE]

Yep you will miss his grit- And especially when you play teams like NJ or Philly.
    You guys really make me laugh when you think that what Kobasew brings is not that important. The last thing this team needs is to lose a forward who actually will give himself up to make a play. I guess you just don't get it. What is it? That kobasew's contract adds up to a number that you figure is what is needed to sign Kessel? We already have too many forwards that have a real talent for avoiding contact. It's very subtle but if you actually watch the games - it's there.
    And please don't give the 4th line BS.

Look I'm not saying Kessel isn't more talented than Kobasew, but that isn't the issue. If this team doesn't play physical they ain't beating anybody in the playoffs. Chucky is a cruise missle on skates.   Be careful what you wish for!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

I don't think the B's signing  a journeyman defenseman signals anything happening to Ference or Wideman.  The guy played only one game last year for a Blues team that's defense was wracked with injuries. Gary Doak will be pulling on the sweater before Andy Wozniewski. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IceGoalie3014. Show IceGoalie3014's posts

In Response to Re: kobasew will be traded to make room for kess:
    [QUOTE]At this point i would guess Chia is looking to offer Kess 3 mil. for 1 season to see what this kid is really made of. If he's willing to sin a multi year 4 mil. ontract i'm all for that, but Kess knows that if he plays to par this season he's in for a steep raise next season. Everyone goes home happy until next summer, sounds good to me.
    Posted by GoldOnBlack[/QUOTE]

If you add Kessel to next year's already cramped off-season of Savard, Lucic, and Wheeler you're still in a heap with Kess.  Deal with it now, if you can keep him great, if not try to maximize what you can for him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

This signing gives up Ference to the leafs for their 1st 2nd & 3rd that Burky was hoarding, cuz he really likes having d men around.

By the way this is a joke, or is it!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoldOnBlack. Show GoldOnBlack's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kobasew will be traded to make room for kess : If you add Kessel to next year's already cramped off-season of Savard, Lucic, and Wheeler you're still in a heap with Kess.  Deal with it now, if you can keep him great, if not try to maximize what you can for him.
    Posted by IceGoalie3014[/QUOTE]
    the way i see it is let kess prove his worth with a one year deal. he would still be rfa next summer and it gives us a chance to let wheeler vie for Kess' paycheck.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

I would rather keep Kobasew....if healthy Chuck can score easily 28-32 goals ....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

We aren't trading Wideman or Ference because we signed a depth defenseman today. I saw this guy in the AHL last year. He isn't anywhere close to being a consistent NHL defenseman. He got eaten alive in the Calder Cup playoffs by Hershey. That would be a horrible move.

If you trade Kobasew & have $4 million of cap space, you can't sign Kessel to a deal for $4 million. That would kill the team if there were any injuries. You have to leave a little space in case you need to add players. Look at Calgary at the end of last season. They had to play down a few players because they didn't have any cap space to bring players up.

Right now, I don't think Kobasew is going anywhere. At this point, I think Kessel is the one gone. Kessel isn't going to get $4.5 million from the Bruins. It just isn't going to happen. As long as Kessel stays at that demand, it is likely he will be dealt. I like Kessel but I can't see paying him that much either. Krejci is a better all around player & he signed for less than that. In the salary cap world, this happens. I don't like it, but that is just the way it is. You are going to lose players that you don't want to.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]We aren't trading Wideman or Ference because we signed a depth defenseman today. I saw this guy in the AHL last year. He isn't anywhere close to being a consistent NHL defenseman. He got eaten alive in the Calder Cup playoffs by Hershey. That would be a horrible move. If you trade Kobasew & have $4 million of cap space, you can't sign Kessel to a deal for $4 million. That would kill the team if there were any injuries. You have to leave a little space in case you need to add players. Look at Calgary at the end of last season. They had to play down a few players because they didn't have any cap space to bring players up. Right now, I don't think Kobasew is going anywhere. At this point, I think Kessel is the one gone. Kessel isn't going to get $4.5 million from the Bruins. It just isn't going to happen. As long as Kessel stays at that demand, it is likely he will be dealt. I like Kessel but I can't see paying him that much either. Krejci is a better all around player & he signed for less than that. In the salary cap world, this happens. I don't like it, but that is just the way it is. You are going to lose players that you don't want to.
    Posted by lordy4[/QUOTE]

Calgary did not have the talent or depth in their 2nd & 3rd line for players to make up the ice time. CJ rolls 4 lines so he could cover lost players for short term & if long term then callups would be allowed under LTI.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I think that if Hamil or Boychuck can crack the lineup, as some hockey people believe, then any trade would be possible. But if no Baby B's step up their game I doubt if the Bruins would entertain any idea of trading Chuck K.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaiber. Show Jaiber's posts

Nothing happens here for at least a month.  NOTHING. 

Sections
Shortcuts