kovalchuk (230) nhl leading goal scorer lst 5 yrs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

kovalchuk (230) nhl leading goal scorer lst 5 yrs

for those fans not willing to pay the price to get kovalchuk...sorry thats crazy...this guy for last 5 yrs scored 230 goals that means if he gets 40 (he has 33 now) this year that will be 270 in 6 yrs thats 45 each yr....do the math...and thats playing for atl..who doesnt have a savard...he is 27..prime of career..he is exciting to watch and delivers..he is durable..never had a bad season..he changes your franchise..sells tix...if we pay him 10 mil or even 11...hes worth it..with him and savrad at 15 mil that 7.5 for both thats a deal...malk crosby take up 18 mil..stop hoping we win lottery and hall becomes crosby..this is the here and now...we got chara bergeron savard lucic krejci all here nxt yr nows the time... we got the picks to make this work..trade for him and pay him for next 5-8 yrs hes 27 people hes not regressing...this is not atl we have other players around him it makes the bs contenders next 5 yrs and so on   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: kovalchuk (230) nhl leading goal scorer lst 5 yrs

One word.  Sturm.  He's fallen off considerably since he turned 30.  That's what happens.  Kovys not as dynamic in a few years, then your stuck with an aging has-been for 6+ years and you ruined your cap.

I love him as a cheap rental if it's possible.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Kovalchuk is a bad investment...Especially if you give up picks to get him plus roster players. It's a bad deal, Build for the future. Keep all the picks, try to win the next few seasons.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

230 goals in 5 years, yeah who wants that bum (sarcasm). But, I do think even for a player of his immense value, the price can be too high. Waddell is not in touch with reality, given what he expects for a rental. I hope Waddell keeps him for the rest of the year, Atlanta misses the playoffs, then Kovalchuk signs elesewhere on July 1 and Waddell gets nothing. It would teach Waddell a lesson for being so greedy and unrealistic. And Don, just in case you're reading this...YOU SUKC!!! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

So, the big shooter has scored 230 in the last five years!

1. How many Cups has he led the Thrashers to? None.
    2. How many play-off appearances? One.

Do these two tidbits tell you anything? Let's get serious.

PC knows exactly what he's doing. Let's leave him in peace to do it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobforte2002. Show bobforte2002's posts

Are you folks smoking crack? Yes Kovalchuk hasn't won any cups but he has no supporting cast. How many cups did Crosby's Penguins get to or win before Malkin and some of their other young players came into the organization.  Zero! 

The assertion that Kovalchuk isn't worth giving up a couple of draft picks and a roster player or two is ridiculous.  Franchise changing players change franchises.  It's a lot easier to win the cup and compete consistently if you have elite players (see Detroit, Pittsburgh, etc...).  or a world beater in goal (NJ).

What if you draft 1st and Hall turns into Daigle. You can't say that isn't possible. What you can say is probably is that Kovalchuk is elite, will be for several more years and if the pieces are in place around him help you compete for a cup the next 3-6 years.

You would sacrifice that to keep Krejci, Wheeler and some 18 year olds?  Please.

I would hate to give up Krejci and a Wheeler but these guys aren't elite players. You also have to give up something to get something.  There are four true elite forwards in the league (Malkin, Crosby, Ovechekin and Kovalchuk).  If you have a shot at getting one of these guys you have to make the deal because franchises rarely if ever have a chance to acquire one.  

If you watched any of the WJC you will know for sure that Hall, Seguin, Fowler are not even anywhere near the class of of those four elite players. However Vladimir Tarasenko has the raw skills to put up elite numbers but he is n enigma that could turn into another Daigle assuming he even can be pried away from the KHL. Why take the chance. Get the sure thing in Kovalchuk that has proven he is and will remain elite.  Or we can keep our good but not great roster players, continuing to overpay (Wideman, Ryder, Sturm, Thomas) maybe make the playoffs here and there and get to the 2nd round.  Haven't you had enough of that crap yet?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Bobforte2002 you are obviously the instant gratification type. You get your hit for a few minutes and then go for more. Eventually you will realize that you wasted your time, while the world moves on and you missed everything.

Let Kovy keep his goals and take them somewhere else. I could not care less if he had or didn't have a supporting cast. He still hasn't accomplished anything.

I'll take my chances with the draft. If you missed it, that is the only way to win the Cup. Look it up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

wow some of u fans are crazy....kovalchuk is a superstar that is 27 hes not breaking down at 30...like sturm? sturm doesnt score 40-50 every yr....keep hoping we get hall and hes crosby...wow people kovalchuk is a sure thing 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

theres no way hall sequin or anyone scores 230 goals in5 yrs   kovalchuk is #1 past 5 yrs in goals scored playing with noone!  enough said  not 2,3,4  #1 no we shouldnt get a guy like that

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

bobforte2002, seguin wasn't in the WJC (due to inexperience, he was still only 17 and in his first year at the OHL level), so unless you're going to Plymouth Whalers games I can't take your assessment on him seriously.

And I think everybody wants Kovalchuk but the people who post that the Bruins should give up a "couple draft picks and Krejci or Wheeler" to get him are complete morons.  All reports are the asking price is Toronto's 1st this year, plus a 1st round pick next year, plus Rask AND Lucic or Krejci, and a top prospect (Caron, Colborne, Hammill).  All of that for him to play 22 games for you so you can sneak into the playoffs and MAYBE win a round or two.....I'll take my chances keeping all of our assets and trading away lower level talent for guys like Kariya, Whitney, or Mueller and take my chances heading into the playoffs and then having a fully loaded roster for the future.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beesbear. Show beesbear's posts

PC nows what he is doing, are you kidding me, you mean to tell me that after last year it was in his plans to miss the playoff the following year, give me a brake. Some one has to wake him up, do something, move players, the ones we have now are booking their T off times for April.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 77Fan. Show 77Fan's posts

Right now there isn't a player on the Bruins I wouldn't trade for Kovalchuk!
    He is a franchise player you build around. We had one of those once.... Thanks O'Connell.
    I would give away krejci and wheeler and sign Kov long term in a heartbeat. Having him play with Savy or Bergeron would be awesome!
    The key pieces  from last year are still on the team (minus Kessel) and they just need that jumpstart kovalchuk whould bring.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins3. Show bruins3's posts

Yeah but does he backcheck?