Kovalchuk to NJ. Savard to Kings?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

Kovalchuk to NJ. Savard to Kings?

Kovalchuk has signed with New Jersey. If the Kings are interested in a Savard trade, what would you like in return?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

Re: Kovalchuk to NJ. Savard to Kings?

Here's the link on Kovalchuk http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=327880
    Sure glad that soap opera is over. As far as a trade with L.A. Jack Johnson would be a good start

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

Drew Doughty and Jack Johnson, but I don't see that happening.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to Kovalchuk to NJ. Savard to Kings?:
    Kovalchuk has signed with New Jersey. If the Kings are interested in a Savard trade, what would you like in return?
    Posted by McKodiak5

Of the 5 teams Savard has on his list LA is not one of them. Most in part, it would put him a lot further away from his family.

Although the other 3 teams have not been confirmed (besides Toronto and Montreal) i believe teams such as New York, Ottawa, and Detroit be of interest to him. All three have pieces to be competitive and are as close proximity to his home as Boston is. However, that is just speculation on my part.

I mean, there's no way to sugar-coat the situation. PC has to make a move, and has to do it sooner than later. I am aware that he mentioned that he has until "November" (due to Sturms injury) to make a move, but by then most teams would be set with their rosters, making a trade that much more difficult to do.

One thing is for certain, regardless of the cap situation Tyler Seguin will be signed. The one player they will hold out on until training camp is Jordan Caron, until they feel he's 100% ready. I expect both these young players on the roster with Colborne pushing hard to make the cut. I truly believe that Knight will be given the "Lucic-Treatment" if he impresses again in camp. Jared Knight showed explosiveness, speed, determination, skill, and a true scoring touch. Although only 18, Knight is much stronger than most kids that come from Juniors. 

Thomas may be the most difficult to move for obvious reasons. I still think Washington is making the wrong choice by sticking with the tow 22 yr-old rookies in net. This past playoffs proved once again high powered offensive teams rarely make it to the finals. Otherwise, Thomas may have been a perfect for them. 

On Wheeler, i have no clue about. In one sense i feel he deserves a chance (sophomore slump) another side of me says he's lacks compete level and is just a younger version of Ryder. Speaking of Ryder, i just don't see how he is on the roster this year. 

Well, these are my thoughts and PC knows he has to fix this mess.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to Re: Kovalchuk to NJ. Savard to Kings?:
    Drew Doughty and Jack Johnson, but I don't see that happening.
    Posted by bhanlon156

not even one for one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

NHLSourcesSay Rumor: Quick/Williams in exchange for Gagne/Hartnell. Remember its a rumor folks, don't take it to be a shoe in to happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Kings won't pay a second line center $7M this year.

No one will.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

NAS is right, if savard is moved, its to a team that needs a number 1 center, and probably has young guys that could use some ves around them, (edm, tor maybe columbus who needs a top center) etc.. LA has a good team, but also a young team, there is no reason to try to win "now" when they dont have cap issues, and most of the "core players" are tied up for a while, they certainly wouldnt be moving any of those players back this way in return.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Anyone catch any rumors on the terms?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hARRIS666. Show hARRIS666's posts

Again...incompetant ownership...bad contracts by Chia...Ryder and Thomas....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Official Terms: 17YEARS/150M(8.82M/YR). I wonder what the cap hit is, if the cap hit is what he'll make per year, then they'll have 20 signed players and be $4.5M over the cap. A key player or 2 will have to go. I'm surprised that NJD ownership is willing to shell out a contract that will take him until he's 44. Heck, he could retire 3-4yrs before his contract ends.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Kovalchuk to NJ. Savard to Kings? : Of the 5 teams Savard has on his list LA is not one of them. Most in part, it would put him a lot further away from his family. Although the other 3 teams have not been confirmed (besides Toronto and Montreal) i believe teams such as New York, Ottawa, and Detroit be of interest to him. All three have pieces to be competitive and are as close proximity to his home as Boston is. However, that is just speculation on my part. I mean, there's no way to sugar-coat the situation. PC has to make a move, and has to do it sooner than later. I am aware that he mentioned that he has until "November" (due to Sturms injury) to make a move, but by then most teams would be set with their rosters, making a trade that much more difficult to do. One thing is for certain, regardless of the cap situation Tyler Seguin will be signed. The one player they will hold out on until training camp is Jordan Caron, until they feel he's 100% ready. I expect both these young players on the roster with Colborne pushing hard to make the cut. I truly believe that Knight will be given the "Lucic-Treatment" if he impresses again in camp. Jared Knight showed explosiveness, speed, determination, skill, and a true scoring touch. Although only 18, Knight is much stronger than most kids that come from Juniors.  Thomas may be the most difficult to move for obvious reasons. I still think Washington is making the wrong choice by sticking with the tow 22 yr-old rookies in net. This past playoffs proved once again high powered offensive teams rarely make it to the finals. Otherwise, Thomas may have been a perfect for them.  On Wheeler, i have no clue about. In one sense i feel he deserves a chance (sophomore slump) another side of me says he's lacks compete level and is just a younger version of Ryder. Speaking of Ryder, i just don't see how he is on the roster this year.  Well, these are my thoughts and PC knows he has to fix this mess.
    Posted by xenimus

I think toronto and ottawa are the "confirmed" teams, I think NYR is probably one as you state, possibly montreal, and Calgary..

Also Caron is already signed, so..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Finally !

Now let's see if he was really holding up the market .

Just wonder why not L.A.  were they offering that much less ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

One thing is for sure Lombardi and LA are not going to give up that young Defenseman core that they have not going to happen. Lombardi still has 16Mil to play with for the Kings so trade movement might start happening.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Official Terms: 17YEARS/150M(8.82M/YR). I wonder what the cap hit is, if the cap hit is what he'll make per year, then they'll have 20 signed players and be $4.5M over the cap. A key player or 2 will have to go. I'm surprised that NJD ownership is willing to shell out a contract that will take him until he's 44. Heck, he could retire 3-4yrs before his contract ends.
    Posted by Hockguy0818

hockeyguy, that is exactly the point..
    I would guess, if those terms are correct he has 10 years at about 120m, taking him to 36 and then 3 years at like 6 4 years @3..

He retires at 37, makes all his money, NJ gets the "lower" cap hit, and then they dont get penalized when he retires...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Posted by Hockguy0818

Your wrong pal. the cap hit is not what Kovalchuk will make per year. He will cash in the $10mill/yr but since the $$ was differed for long term it is averaged out to 8.82mill. Savard's cap hit is like $4.75 but he still gets payed $7mill/yr for the first few years. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

If numbers are correct, NJ is absolutely cracked!

Crosby will sign a contract like that of A-Rod next.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

screw-cindy-and-ovie....

You have just been reported to the Globe for using my signature

Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Big Wheel stays)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: Kovalchuk to NJ. Savard to Kings? : Your wrong pal. the cap hit is not what Kovalchuk will make per year. He will cash in the $10mill/yr but since the $$ was differed for long term it is averaged out to 8.82mill. Savard's cap hit is like $4.75 but he still gets payed $7mill/yr for the first few years. 
    Posted by xenimus

How am I wrong? I just relayed what an espn article said. Second, I did not know what the cap hit was, nor did I state what it was. I said IF the cap hit was equal to his contract, not IT IS.

Next time, re-read posts all the way through. You, sir, are wrong. Not me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Kovalchuk signed 17 years for "slightly more than 100 mill." Lets assume its 101 mill. Thats a 5.94 cap hit. Im sure it's front loaded and it involves an agreement for ilya to retire before the end of the contract. Hockeyguy, the 17 year/150 mill you read is that combined with his time in ATL. Kovalchuk will have made 150 mill by the time he retires
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

ok that makes more sense, but it can't be  "agreed" to retire, I would have to think that is some violation, the contract would just be set up in a way that there would be little value for him to play it out.. (franzens for instance pays out something like 3m over the last 4 seasons)..Kovis probably pays league minimum for the final like 5 years or something.. so if he wants to play he can, but hopefully he will have earned enough to just retire...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

They just updated the article within the last hour, saying it's at a tad over 100M. I posted on here 20 minutes after the original article was posted, where it said the contract was 17YRS/150M. So, I was not wrong. The article was.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

They just updated the article within the last hour, saying it's at a tad over 100M. I posted on here 20 minutes after the original article was posted, where it said the contract was 17YRS/150M. So, I was not wrong. The article was.
    Posted by Hockguy0818

The article isnt wrong, you just mis interpreted it. Kovalchuk's deal is 17 years for slighty over 100 mill. The 150 mill is the total monye he will have earned at the end of his career, which includes his 7 and a half years in ATL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

screw-cindy-and-ovie.... You have just been reported to the Globe for using my signature Stanley Cup to the Bruins in 2011-2012-2013 (only if Big Wheel stays)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Im pretty sure you don't have it copyrighted.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

According to the Kings insider, the Kings offer was for 15 years and $80 million.

The Kings won't trade for Savard. They have a number one center in Kopitar. They need a winger, not another center.

The best fit for Savard, if he were to be moved, would be Calgary. They've needed a center to play with Iginla for years. Somehow I think Savard would be an upgrade over Matt Stajan

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

According to the Kings insider, the Kings offer was for 15 years and $80 million. The Kings won't trade for Savard. They have a number one center in Kopitar. They need a winger, not another center. The best fit for Savard, if he were to be moved, would be Calgary. They've needed a center to play with Iginla for years. Somehow I think Savard would be an upgrade over Matt Stajan
    Posted by lordy4

Even if Savard would waive his NTC to move west, you can bet Calgary wouldn't be one of the teams he'd go to. He's not crazy.

As for Kovalchuk, it's fire sale time in NJ. Everything marked down, must go! ;-)