Kovalev may be new captain with a 6 to 7 million dollar raise

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

Kovalev may be new captain with a 6 to 7 million dollar raise

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=280075

Personally I don't think Kovalev is worth that coin, and Homosarek is really not worth more than 4 million.

This from a russian source though??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackNGoldBlood. Show BlackNGoldBlood's posts

Re: Kovalev may be new captain with a 6 to 7 million dollar raise

[QUOTE]http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=280075 Personally I don't think Kovalev is worth that coin, and Homosarek is really not worth more than 4 million. This from a russian source though??
    Posted by MTLBRUINFAN[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, the Russian media adores rumors about North American hockey teams. Any report coming out of Russiaregarding NHL contract talks shouldn’t be taken all that seriously.  That said, I hope what is reported is true - that Montreal is considering Komi's demand for 6 Mill...  and I hope they're dumb enough to pay it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwoods7977. Show cwoods7977's posts

Komasarek wants 6 million a year? Is he on drugs? After the playoffs he just had he should hold on to that 4 million contract for dear life!

And why would Kovalev just sign a one year deal? Doesnt make any sence. From what I heard Montreal is going to make a serious run at David Krejci

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

The Montreal Canadiens are on the fast track to the AHL, where they will join their neighbors the Toronto Maple leafs. 6 Million for a guy who takes off weekends in mid-season, on a team that finished in 8th place? Komisarek is awful too!

Did anybody else see that Sports Illustrated just named the 12 most rugged players and number 12 was Komisarek!  I thought this was a joke.

Check this out 

http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1155520/1/index.htm?bcnn=yes

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

[QUOTE]The Montreal Canadiens are on the fast track to the AHL, where they will join their neighbors the Toronto Maple leafs. 6 Million for a guy who takes off weekends in mid-season, on a team that finished in 8th place? Komisarek is awful too! Did anybody else see that Sports Illustrated just named the 12 most rugged players and number 12 was Komisarek!  I thought this was a joke. Check this out  http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1155520/1/index.htm?bcnn=yes
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

Sports Illustrated and ESPN are jokes, most definitely when it comes to the NHL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

Oh my God what a joke.....

Homosarek number 12 on the list. A list that has no Neely, Lucic, O'Reilly, Shultz

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

[QUOTE]Oh my God what a joke..... Homosarek number 12 on the list. A list that has no Neely, Lucic, O'Reilly, Shultz
    homosapien ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]Oh my God what a joke..... Homosarek number 12 on the list. A list that has no Neely, Lucic, O'Reilly, Shultz

Please...if Komisarek ends up a Bruin, suddenly he'd be the most feared D-man since Stevens in the eyes of the Black-n-Gold myopians.

Not worth 6 mil, but certainly a guy who the Bruins could use on their blueline, if they could find a way to do it at a reasonable cost.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfansince88. Show Bruinfansince88's posts

I used to look at Komisarek as a player I would have like to see in a Bruins uniform. However, after watching him this year, I have completely changed my view on him.

This is not because of the cheap altercations with Lucic, but because he has become a heartless, lazy and scared player. His hockey sense has disappeared and it looks like he is too afraid to get himself into situations where he could be an effective contributor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

[QUOTE]Please...if Komisarek ends up a Bruin, suddenly he'd be the most feared D-man since Stevens in the eyes of the Black-n-Gold myopians. Not worth 6 mil, but certainly a guy who the Bruins could use on their blueline, if they could find a way to do it at a reasonable cost.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Sure they could use him, maybe as a 4th defensemen. Please....he is no Stevens or even close to Mark Stuart for that matter.  He is a joke on a bad team. He was an embarrasment to the Habs in the post season. 12th most rugged? LOL  Maybe 12th on his team. Bruins fans would like him taking Montadors place at 2M, I know that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]Sure they could use him, maybe as a 4th defensemen. Please....he is no Stevens or even close to Mark Stuart for that matter.  He is a joke on a bad team. He was an embarrasment to the Habs in the post season. 12th most rugged? LOL  Maybe 12th on his team. Bruins fans would like him taking Montadors place at 2M, I know that.
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

If he was Boston's 4th defenceman (and he could well be), you KNOW the boards here would be talking about the depth of the Bruins defence, and how Komisarek adds a great physical presence, and how the Habs will be dead without him.

It sure wouldn't be "Homosarik's a joke and an embarassment" if he ends up signing in Boston, would it? He'd be a "commanding physical presence that will make the Bruins defence even more punishing". The ridiculous "not close to Mark Stuart" talk would be over, that's for sure.

2 mil won't get it done, though. Have to be at least 4--not many players, especially ones who are 27, take pay cuts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

[QUOTE]If he was Boston's 4th defenceman (and he could well be), you KNOW the boards here would be talking about the depth of the Bruins defence, and how Komisarek adds a great physical presence, and how the Habs will be dead without him. It sure wouldn't be "Homosarik's a joke and an embarassment" if he ends up signing in Boston, would it? He'd be a "commanding physical presence that will make the Bruins defence even more punishing". The ridiculous "not close to Mark Stuart" talk would be over, that's for sure. 2 mil won't get it done, though. Have to be at least 4--not many players, especially ones who are 27, take pay cuts.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Kenndy97, Komisarek's play really dipped this year. I m from Montreal and many fans and reporters say it too. In my opinion he would almost be overpaid at 4 mil. a year. His skating isn't great , he's not an offence threat from the D at all , blocking a few shots and making some hits doesn't warrant a big contract.

The Bruins I think could use a good fast puck moving defenceman not a Komosarek type

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Being from Montreal doesn't make you any more or less knowledgable than anyone else. Clearly, Komisarek did indeed have a disappointing year. But he didn't all of a sudden become a 3rd pairing defenceman in the NHL. He did not play like a top pairing guy last year, but he's a 2nd-unit defenceman on all but the highest quality NHL teams.

You know as well as I do that his taking a pay cut (with a new organization especially) is incredibly unlikely, to the point of being unrealistic to even suggest.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Kennedy97,
    no way Komisarek will take a 4mill a year contract.  He's already refused one from the Habs.  He's asking for 5.5 so he gets not lower than 5mill.
    The answer to this debate,  NO WAY !  WE DON'T NEED a D like him for 5mill , I say Stuart is as good if not better. For sure he's a much better skater and pugilist over Komisarek.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Being a long time bruin fan, I hope the habs sign Kovalev to a long term deal close to 7 mil. and make him captain. He's a part time player and a cancer. How many captain quality players get told to go home for 2 games when your fighting for your playoff lives. Not to mention he has had several rifts with team management over the years. These are not leadership qualities. GO GAINEY GO.