KOVY WATCH

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

KOVY WATCH

According to NHL.com  LA is the most likely destination.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=515802

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Re: KOVY WATCH

According to Bob MacKenzie of TSN about 30 minutes ago the Bruins are the front runners for Kolvy, with players like Wideman, propects and picks going the other way. He said this could happen within hours or days. We will soon see because Waddel has told Kolvy to pack his bags. Help could be on the way for for Boston only time will tell. I know this because I watched it and heard Bob say it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

Mackenzie also said on tsn website that the bruins would only be interested in him as a rental. I don't see the point of going after the guy unless they can lock him up for a long term contract. Picking him up for 2 months is not worth it i would think even Jack (super homer) Edwards knows the Ruins wont win the cup this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BatmanJWO. Show BatmanJWO's posts

I agree with Tbone77. The Bruins are NOT a cup contender. Giving up a bunch of players for a sniper only makes sense if he is going to be there next year. Why give away picks for a guy who doesn't help you long term. Is their goal just to get into the playoffs? If so, then they have taken a huge step backwards. Their goal should be Eastern conference finals.

Kovy to Bruins just doesn't make sense. One guy isn't going to fix the team wide problem of no scoring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

So the only 2 teams left are NJD and NYR

Well good luck to them I think the BRUINS made a good effort and good offers but lets not go crazy by giving the whole team for one single player ...too bad

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I think Kovy would bring instant confidence to this team.  Our PP would become an instant threat and teams would have to play Krejci's line differently.  Teams are, currently, not afraid of Savards line.

That said, Kovy for cheap or not at all.  The picks are too juicy this year to just give them away on a chance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Brunoid:  the McKenzie article is an op. ed. article.  So don't give it any credence.  In otherwords, in the imortal words of the McKenzie Brothers...."Take off man."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

This link below stays updated all day long and every other comment is the Bruins are there out etc. Flyers are out, Rangers are out, Calgary is out. One thing is for sure is you never see the Devils are out.

http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/ One thing is for sure is it's driving bonkers! I'm resigned to beleive that the Bs are out. Torres, Tkachuk and Kabrele would work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

16 goals and of all the scorers available he's under 30 plus he's off the books this summer, He hits, can skate. Listened to "the point" on nhl home ice sirius yesterday Bill Clement (not his biggest fan) said he'd be perfect for the B's I tend to agree.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

McKenzie didnt say the Bruins were the front runner...he said they were in the mix with the other 1/2 dozen teams.  I to believe LA is the best fit.  I also have a sneaky feeling Washington is the secret team.  They have a lot of talent on the farm...Some can't miss d-man prospects...and some current roster players like Fehr and Chimera...along with a 1st rounder...

Washington would be distustingly good with Backstrom/Ovie/Knuble and Fleish/Semin/Kovy.  Thats like Oiler hockey of the mid 80's good

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

Raffi Torres, whooo, oh yeah, get him and get him now, he's the answer, wow watch out for us if we sign that nobody. Other teams will be shaking in their skates when they see Torres coming over the boards. The Bruins need to stop thinking small and get a marquis player. Raffi Torres isn't going to make sweet d!ck all difference. We'll still sukc, trust me. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I think it is going to take a 3 team deal to get him moved.  No team seems to have what Waddell wants, and an interest in trading it for Kovalchuk at the same time.  A deal sending prospects/picks to one seller for available NHL bodies, then flipping them to Atlanta with something extra seems like it could happen.
    Much harder to come up with concrete scenerios with three teams though.

As for the Bruins wanting him as a rental - it does make sense if they move some undesired non-expiring contracts in the process.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

It will be NJ who wins out in the end. That is my prediction. Chia will miss out again.. like he always does.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neely8Canadians. Show Neely8Canadians's posts

Hello B's fans,

Fact Kovy isn't coming it's not in the B's DNA bring this type of player here. I was shocked when Chara was signed. We are going to stick to our guns and pray for a great player in the draft pick we have. I think we may rid of ryder for a pick as well.

Sections
Shortcuts