KPD tweets about trading TT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

KPD tweets about trading TT

http://twitter.com/GlobeKPD

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Re: KPD tweets about trading TT

Dupont is an idiot i wouldn't believe him for a second. The time is right to trade Thomas when we can hopefully get something usefull for him.

Rask played great last game and hope he can keep it up. What fans of Thomas have to see and admit is Rask plays a technically sound game, has better reflexes and appears to be a way better conditioned athelete juding by his lean physique compared to Thomas.

Thomas was serviceable but really has a poor techniques and this was the reason he didn't break into the NHL a lot sooner. Thomas makes what should be routine saves look spectacular because he is out of position.

To free up 5 mill in cap space the next 4 years would be huge for signing players that matter in the future to help us achieve success. Thomas should be traded now no question about it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

If nothing else, it's a good time to price him.  Maybe something happens in the summer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

It`s a sure thing that Thomas is available. The question is, who wants him?

Thomas is not a nightmare. But Chiarelli is a nightmare. No need to remember you his stupid misjudgements year after year. The problem is the hen, not the eggs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

How about trade Chiarelli instead?

Could some one give us a hockey game in return for an accountant?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

It's hard for me to believe what Bruce Garrioch(from the Ottawa Sun) says that the B's could get a top 6 forward, top 4 defenseman and a backup goalie. I like TT and am a big believer in having 2 good goalies but if that were the case I say go for it. Let's ride Rask. I just feel that Rask is ready and TT's contract restricts in what else we could do to improve. We are not a contender this year so let's get Rask some more playing time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

After Bruins get first pick will PC still be a nightmare?The picks and prospects he has a surplus of will help the Bruins for years to come.I understand the doubters,I just don't agree with them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

dezaruchi
    "All Bruins-All the Time!If not you're at the wrong site."

For me, being a Bruins fan does not mean being a loser, and don`t stop me to reflect and give my opinion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

So you're a loser independent of your feelings for the team?

Sorry BlueChip - it was there.  I took it.  Pretty sure I agree with the sentiment that being a Bruins fan means not accepting losing from the team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

PC took this team over when it was a loser... brought to 1st place extremely quickly and now is riding a rough season and you want his head.. quit crying...

Wouldn't mind seeing this go thru, I like TT but feel we could get a very able goaltender to back-up or split time with Rask and we can get a decent return for him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

All i mean bluechip is that this site should be for Bruins fans.It doesn't matter to me if we agree on everything or anything.I am just a lifelong Bruins fan that wants to see them win.I did not intend to make you feel like a loser.Maybe it's just too easy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

dezaruchi
    Being a Bruins fan is not a prerequisite for membership of this blog. Everyone here can give his opinion taking a language respectful to others.

Answer if you want, but I would not continue this futile conversation. :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

TT has a no trade clause.. he is not going anywhere..next!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from guy0677. Show guy0677's posts

Wow...amazing how many people think it's easy to be a GM in this NHL.  Look at the teams that prove otherwise!  I still think more of PC's moves have been positive than not.  If this is the real Dennis Wideman, then the trade and even worse the contract is BAD!  However, he could bounce back. 

Trading Thomas makes a lot of sense.  I don't think the bounty will be too high, but if they could get a guy like Patrick Sharp they should take it twice!  I'd like to think Thomas would waive his no-trade clause if it were to go to a contender.  He and Rask seem like they've really formed a good professional relationship and I think if it were best for him and the team, he would do the right thing. 

I also agree with the comments about Thomas' contract.  For a team like Chicago that has everything to win the cup except a lockdown goaltender, you deal with the contract.  It still has a favorable buyout in the end against the cap because he was signed before he was 35.  I just think what's tough is Huet's contract and Thomas.  That's a lot of money on goalies not playing in 2 years!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouTexBruin. Show SouTexBruin's posts

Cowboys9 - yes but he can waive the NTC if the trade is to a team that has a chance to win the cup.  I like Thomas - he is competitive and doesn't like to lose, I thought he deserved the Vezina last year.  My only big concern is if Thomas is traded and we pick up a forward and defenseman, who would we have to back up Rask?  Bringing Sabourin from Providence does not make me a lot more comfortable.  The other problem that I have with this is remember what we happened to Raycroft & Tovinen.

Delta Grunt
    SouTexBruin

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Nic Wallin ( no trade contract ) traded to Sharks yesterday. Next !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Bookboy007
    "So you're a loser independent of your feelings for the team?"

Who are you to judge people? Have you lost your mind?
    Or again, one of your usual and ridiculous assertions.

When the caravan passes the dogs barking.  :-)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

My only big concern is if Thomas is traded and we pick up a forward and defenseman, who would we have to back up Rask? 

How about if Rask craps the bed?  I think he is definitely the goalie of the future but that is a far stretch to go to #1 that quickly without hitting a roadblock.. Look at what has happened to Columbus' goalie Mason.. Last year he was the cat's meow..this year he cant stop a beach ball.. I am not ready to annoint Rask as #1 right now.. We need Thomas.. and I know the Thomas bashers don't want to hear that...Again, the problem is scoring and there are other parts you can trade without ruining a good tandem we have here.. Just my opinion..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Aw, BlueChip, see I even apologized for taking an easy shot!  I thought hey, a little good-natured fun's in order when the team's on an epic, one-game run!  Well, guess I learned my lesson: never apologize.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

cowboys9 , I am a big believer in having 2 good goalies and I like  TT. But I feel that if someone wants to overpay to get TT ( top 6 forward, top 4 defenseman and a backup goalie ) we jump at it. We ride Rask the rest of the year (not going to win the cup anyways . Hope I'm wrong ) and look for a good backup during the offseason. In a different post 1 month ago I defended the point of keeping 2 goalies but if someone is going to overpay I 'd have to say "let's do it ".

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

No disrespect to KPD or Matt Kalman but PC is stupid if he does not trade TT now or at the draft.  It is clear we are giving Rask a chance to be the number 1 and he will take it.  For all of you who are worried about the Kid busting, I have watch the NHL for 37 years and have never seen a goalie with Rask's talent bust.  Rask is ready to be a number 1 and to have a backup that makes 5 million or 9% of your salary cap, is no way to build a competitive team.  If we do trade Thomas soon he will have no value to other team because they are not going to want a 5 million dollar backup goalie either. In short if we do not trade TT now we are are stuck with his 5 million cap hit for the next three years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from knewjax hockey. Show knewjax hockey's posts

Not really sure if this is possible but maybe a 3 team trade. Trade Thomas to Chicago for Versteeg and maybe if lucky Barker as well.  Somehow come up with something decent to offer the Islanders for Marty Biron.  DiPietro is back and it was said from the beginning, once he's back it's Biron who would be the odd man out.  I've always heard nothing but positives on Biron the guy himself, very likable, easy to coach, hardworker, and great role model for the younger guys.  The Islanders already committed to Roloson as the backup, so I'm pretty sure they are looking to move Biron.  I personally think Roloson is better so maybe even try and go for him instead of Biron.  Roloson is a UMass Lowell alumn so maybe there's something there on the idea he wouldn't mind coming back to the area.  Marty Turco is out there too.  Not sure if he would be comfortable as a backup but you never know with the chance, if the Bruins turn it around. He may feel we could be a contender more here than the Stars and would be happy to come our way as a backup.

This is all just an idea.  Would love to see peoples thoughts/criticisms/ideas.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

I have suggested getting Biron many times on this forum and the asking price is only a 5th round choice.

Orr the best your correct we need to trade Thomas now when he is some what a bargaining chip. I also concur with your assessment of Rask i think he is NHL ready and Biron would be a good guy to help him out as at least he has proper mechanics unlike Tim.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

if thomas is as ultra competitive as he is made out to be I would think he would not settle for bein a back up on the bench, hence waiving his ntc to start for a contender.....theres just to many pluses for the b,s in trading thomas....the one minus is the back up position that is left when he leaves....hedberg in atl could be had for a 2nd rd pick & is a ufa.....you could resign him for around 1.5/2 mill. or just go with sabourin for the rest of the year & then sign someone....i know volkuon is availible but i think hes alittle priced out for a back up unless he takes a drastic $$$$ cut.....i would take hedberg over biron anyday

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Much of what were discussing depends on which teams TT is willing to waive the NMC for.  Is his motivation to be a number 1 or is it to win a championship.  If he is more motivated to be a number 1 goalie he will be in Dallas.  If we deal with Dallas Auld will be comming to back up Rask.  If he is willing only to go to a contender that picture clouds a little bit.  I agree that no matter what happens Biron is a good option for a back up.  In the off season there is some other nice backup options. Brett Johnson for one, a vet backup with some starting expierience who can be had for cheap as he is only making 600,000 as the backup for the Penguins.