Krejci linemates?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Krejci linemates?

I hope he's paired with Seguin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to Krejci linemates?:
    I know it's way too soon to say anything for sure as who knows who will even make the team out of camp. But much like it's expected to be Lucic- Savard - Horton, is there an expected or anticipated line that involves Krejci's line? Has anyone read anything? U haven't had much time online over the summer. I have an opportunity to grab him in my upcoming fantasy draft, but don't know if I should take him now or hope he's still available in the next round. Thanks in advance
    Posted by davecarr

Wheeler and Caron are my educated guesses, as Ryder becomes a victim of salary limbo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Lucic Savard Horton- This 1st line is most likely to happen
    Wheeler Krejci Seguin- Or DK could switch off center and wing with Seguin
    Paille Bergeron Ryder- Solid 3rd line, especially if Ryder can score
    Thornton campbell Recchi- This line should not see more than 8 minutes a game claude

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't think Wheeler has earned the right to be on such a good centers line but you can't put Blake with Campbell and Paille becuase he can't check.

I agree Seguin should be with Krejci and Mr. Offsides Blake Wheeker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsNumber4. Show BruinsNumber4's posts

In Response to Re: Krejci linemates?:
    Lucic Savard Horton- This 1st line is most likely to happen Wheeler Krejci Seguin- Or DK could switch off center and wing with Seguin Paille Bergeron Ryder- Solid 3rd line, especially if Ryder can score Thornton campbell Recchi- This line should not see more than 8 minutes a game claude
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

why would you bury Recchi on the 4th for 8 minutes a game when hes good for probably 20 goals? and a third line that depends on Ryder for finish and Consistency,, thats scary.

Wheelers an obvious pairing i think but better at right wing with a healthy sturm and until then Seguin at right wing. i expect alot of mix and match through December.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

I would definitely take him if he was with Seguin, but I think Seguin will be put on a line with the experienced Recchi and the two-way ace Bergeron, as they say that's the type of player Tyler will be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I hope not.  He's supposed to have the scoring touch of Hall and playmaking ability of Savard.  I would say more like Savard with a sniper badge.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Re: Krejci linemates? : why would you bury Recchi on the 4th for 8 minutes a game when hes good for probably 20 goals? and a third line that depends on Ryder for finish and Consistency,, thats scary. Wheelers an obvious pairing i think but better at right wing with a healthy sturm and until then Seguin at right wing. i expect alot of mix and match through December.
    Posted by BruinsNumber4

Recchi only had 18 goals last yr while playing in 81 games. I don't expect him to play nearly as many games, I say about 50-65. With that, I see about 9-12 goals. Players get worse as they get older, not better

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Krejci linemates? : Recchi only had 18 goals last yr while playing in 81 games. I don't expect him to play nearly as many games, I say about 50-65. With that, I see about 9-12 goals. Players get worse as they get older, not better
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

Has there been any indication at all that he'll only play 60-75% of the games?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It all depends.  That's the problem with drafting in the second week of Sept!

Chalk is probably this:

Lucic-Savard-Horton
    Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder
    Seguin-Bergeron-Recchi
    Paille-Campbell-Thornton.

If the chemistry isn't there for either of the top two lines, and if they decide not to wait until mid-season to make changes, or if Seguin comes out flying, you might see something like this - and I hope we do:

Wheeler-Savard-Horton
    Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
    Recchi-Bergeron-Ryder  (Sturm's a natural fit on this line, so if he replaces 
                 Ryder on the roster, the disruption is minimal)
    Paille-Cambell-Thornton.

Other obvious alternatives would be having Caron or Marchand in, basically, 4th line roles and maybe rolling up if Ryder's still struggling; Bergeron on Krejci's right with Lucic, putting Seguin between Recchi and Ryder; Bergeron on Savard's left with Seguin between Wheeler and Recchi (Lucic-Krejci-Ryder in that case).  There's even an outside shot that Horton's game doesn't mesh with Savard's.  Plan B is probably Wheeler-Krejci-Horton, Lucic-Savard-Ryder.

The more options I throw at this, the more obvious it is that the Bruins have no speed on the wing other than Paille, Wheeler, and Seguin.  Might be the kind of thing that gets a guy like Max "Rico" Sauve a longer look than some of the other guys pushing for spots.

What round are you looking at for DK?  And what kind of draft is it?  Just names or positions too?  If it's just players - no position requirements - and you have t10 or fewer teams in the draft, I wouldn't take DK until the third round and I might wait for the fourth.  But then, I probably wouldn't be in a draft with a lot of Bruin fans in it who have big DK expectations.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

krejci ryder and wheeler were dominant 2 seasons ago  and with the pressure of not playing against top d pair with savard back and horton that will also help them so i think at the start they will be reunited.....for some reason though it seems everytime lucic is with krejci they produce but ryder cant play with savard so we will see how it works out  krejci sturm seguin would be fun

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

just to put a smile on everyones faces isnt it great we are talking about line combos! and the ice is just put down on the garden ice..right now i dont care if 22 is on the 1st line i just want hockey! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

When Sturm was on the Savard line they actually looked like they gelled. Sturm's speed flying up the right side with maybe Wheeler picking up the garbage on the left would also be an option.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Everyone seems to think that Savard/Horton are a fixture, but, IMO that's not the best combo. Savard needs a right wing with speed like Paille[ except for his stone hands]or Wheeler[ if he can get his act together] or even Seguin [ need to see him in action]. Depending on who ends up as his right wing, Savvy will need a strong left wing with Lucic the most probable. IMO Kreji is the best center to maximize Horton's skills and goal scoring with Wheeler as the optimal left wing. That then leaves Bergeron with Recchi and probably Ryder until Sturm returns. So far the 4th line is still Paille/Campbell/Thornton with Marchant filling in at times. Do not know how long Recchi can persevere, but Caron or Colborne could be interesting fill-ins, as long as there is CAP space.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I really like Seguin on Krejci's wing.  I think the concept of Recchi as a mentor is a little overrated and Seguin can still be watching the guy play from the bench.  Somewhere I got the notion that Seguin would be more comfortable on the right wing (can't recall where I saw that), so I think that Wheeler-Krejci-Seguin has interesting potential as the 2nd line.

That said, this would probably be the defensive liability line.

Hopefully the B's can produce 3 somewhat even scoring lines, like two years ago, so that the first three lines can be rolled out more or less evenly for 5 on 5 play.  

I like:
    Lucic-Savard-Horton
    Wheeler-Krejci-Seguin
    Recchi-Bergeron-Ryder
    Thornton-Campbell-Marchand
    *work in Sturm, Colborne, Caron as opportunity arises throughout season

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

I'd like to see BookBoy's second line-up.

Wheeler-Savard-Horton
    Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
    Recchi-Bergeron-Ryder/Sturm
    Paille-Cambell-Thornton.

Give Seguin some protection from Lucic, in the event someone like Matt Cooke tries something terribly stupid, and hope that Wheeler gets a spark from playing with Savard and Horton

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

knowing Claude Julien Bookboy has nailed it. The two key factors are how well Horton plays with Savard and how well Seguin handles playing against other teams top lines. If either or both falter they could be paired with Krejci.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I've had that line in my head since the playoffs.  Krejci really picked up with Satan and Lucic on his wings, and over the course of the season, if would be interesting to see if the kid can find that same chemistry in place of Satan.

Lucic went from looking off to being a force as soon as that line was cobbled together, too.

I'm not crazy about Wheeler on Savard's line, and I'm with Bogie when it comes to assuming Savard and Horton will work some magic - I hope they do, but I'm from Missouri on that one.  I'm also hoping one of the 'cusp' guys blows the doors off in the pre-season - Caron, Colborne, Sauve, Marchand...doesn't matter - so that if Ryder starts dragging down Bergeron and Recchi they can kick him to the curb early and save enough extra space to offset some bonus money or even keep an extra player on the roster.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'd like to see BookBoy's second line-up. Wheeler-Savard-Horton Lucic-Krejci-Seguin Recchi-Bergeron-Ryder/Sturm Paille-Cambell-Thornton. Give Seguin some protection from Lucic, in the event someone like Matt Cooke tries something terribly stupid, and hope that Wheeler gets a spark from playing with Savard and Horton
    Posted by huscroft28

I like that second line just fine, but I really hope that they are not employing your logic directly, no offense.  I want to Bruins to assemble the lines based purely on talent and chemistry, instead of manuevering the lineup for the likes of Matt Cooke.  I hate the concept of strategizing for a thug like that instead of worrying about Crosby, Malkin, etc, although I understand the concern.  I think the Bruins need to rely on team toughness to prevent cheap shots on guys like Seguin.  We have plenty of d-men who can fight and you can always bring the revenge on the next shift.  They target Seguin, we target Crosby.

When Sean Avery ran wild two years ago the two Bruins who went after him were Savard and Ferrence.  Other guys can step up besides Lucic and Thornton.

I just hate to concept of breaking up potential talented lines so that a tough guy can patrol things, when the Avery/Cooke incidents only happen once a season.  I think you have a better chance to win with your best line combos out there, and then send out the tough guys as they are needed. 

The Maple Leafs last year were a great example of a terrible team that always seemed preoccupied with toughness and protecting their guys, instead of winning.  You don't want to go too far in that direction.

Disclaimer:  I understand everything about the Savard hit and would obviously want the Bruins to respond differently.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

What round are you looking at for DK?  And what kind of draft is it?  Just names or positions too?
    Posted by Bookboy007

It's a 14 team keeper league. Each night we get one C, RW, LW, G, and 2 D, with 7 players on the bench. 
    Each team kept 8 players. I thought I was all set on center with Lecavellier and Malkin, but I'm seeing multiple sources saying that Malkin will likely spend time on RW this year. (I only need 6 starts to shove him in that slot all season) so I'm considering altering my draft strategy to get another center with my first pick.

I have the 3rd pick, but I'm running on the assumption that Hall and Seguin will be taken 1st and 2nd, leaving me with the option of taking a rookie from the draft, or one of the top veteran players that weren't kept after last season.

It surprised me when I saw Krejchi's name not on the "taken players" list, and sure enough, the guy who had him last year decided to not keep him. 

Really caught my interest, considering he led the league in +- a couple years ago, and really started to find his form late last year after a slow start from his hip surgery

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Someone on here suggested Seguin on the first line with Savard over Horton.  I tend to agree with Seguin on the third line being nurtured into the NHL.  As the season progresses Seguin will be entertained on the first or second line.  Horton may not match well with Savard, as Ryder did not a few years ago.  Krejci will be effective with any of those three imo.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Krejci linemates? : I like that second line just fine, but I really hope that they are not employing your logic directly, no offense.  I want to Bruins to assemble the lines based purely on talent and chemistry, instead of manuevering the lineup for the likes of Matt Cooke.  I hate the concept of strategizing for a thug like that instead of worrying about Crosby, Malkin, etc, although I understand the concern.  I think the Bruins need to rely on team toughness to prevent cheap shots on guys like Seguin.  We have plenty of d-men who can fight and you can always bring the revenge on the next shift.  They target Seguin, we target Crosby. When Sean Avery ran wild two years ago the two Bruins who went after him were Savard and Ferrence.  Other guys can step up besides Lucic and Thornton. I just hate to concept of breaking up potential talented lines so that a tough guy can patrol things, when the Avery/Cooke incidents only happen once a season.  I think you have a better chance to win with your best line combos out there, and then send out the tough guys as they are needed.  The Maple Leafs last year were a great example of a terrible team that always seemed preoccupied with toughness and protecting their guys, instead of winning.  You don't want to go too far in that direction. Disclaimer:  I understand everything about the Savard hit and would obviously want the Bruins to respond differently.
    Posted by Fletcher1

I totally agree with you - the Bruins can put a lot of talent on the ice and lines should be created according to that talent and not due to the need to protect.  I still think Seguin (assuming he makes the squad) would/could be more comfortable physically, early on, knowing that 17 is on the other wing.  Sequin's speed, along with Krejci's creativity, could really open things up for Lucic too.

Looking forward to it all.  Cheers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Nice to see some thoughts on chemistry. IMO ,as stated, Kreji will bring out the best in Horton with Looch on left wing as demonstrated in the playoffs. Savvy needs speed on the right[ usual pass] and Wheeler fills the bill [ if he has his commitment in place] or Seguin. If it is Seguin then Wheeler goes to Kreji's left and Looch joins Savvy. This gives The Bruins Lucic/Savard/Seguin; Wheeler/Kreji/Horton; Ryder[ Sturm}/Bergeron/ Recchi [ could be spelled by Marchant/Colborne/Caron]  . Have at it, then check out the results in camp.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

It's fun to talk about line mates for Krejci, but I am more worried about his health.  I have not heard a word about how his wrist is during these captain's practices.  Do any of you remember another skilled player returning from a dislocated wrist and performing at the same level or better?  Krejci is one of my favorite players on the B's.  However he struggled to get going last season because of the off season hip surgery.  The Bruins can't afford for him to struggle out of the gate again, as I don't feel it is a coincidence that his slow start and the Bruins slow start mirrored each other or that they didn't win another game after his injury.  Anyone got any 411 on his status?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Interesting comments from Seguin in the Globe article today:

“I find I get more points [at wing], actually,’’ said Seguin, who spent roughly half of his rookie season in Plymouth (Ontario Hockey League) on right wing. “I mean, at center, you probably waste more energy and get tired because you are flying all the time.

“But at wing, you could be standing high in your end for 30 seconds, catching your breath, while people are battling it out in the corners, and that’s when you get a lot of chipped pucks or flips off the wall for breakaways. I found I got a lot of goals that way.

“I am comfortable and confident at any position. I’d play goalie just to be in the Bruins lineup.’’

If that's something he's good at, playing with Savard might not be a bad idea.  Hopefully his moves once he gets past the blue line prove a bit more varied than the last Bruin who excelled at that style.

Sections
Shortcuts