Last quality #15 pick was......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Last quality #15 pick was......

Joe Sakic in 1987. That at least makes me feel better about the Horton deal. Only time will tell if we gave up the next Sakic. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Re: Last quality #15 pick was......

I would consider Radulov a quality pick, debatable I guess because he isnt even on the continent. Karlsson on Ottawa is definitely a quality pick but you make a good point KJ, a lot swings at #15 and not many hits.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9528Discussion%3a281e58ca-9dff-4d03-850d-21b13f7b4b46

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Last quality #15 pick was......:
    Joe Sakic in 1987. That at least makes me feel better about the Horton deal. Only time will tell if we gave up the next Sakic. 
    Posted by KJBruinswin

Zubrus was a quality pick in '96, and that Kovalev fella in '91 turned out okay.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

OK, we seem to have officially entered the spin zone with this thread...

Tuuka Rask was drafted with the #21 pick...

The point of this one is what, exactly ? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Oh, gawd...

You mean that we might have actually given up on the next Joe Sakic for Nathan Effin Horton...

Thanks, I feel much better about this deal, now !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

#15 IS CURSED!!!!!!!!!!!.....now that we dont have it anymore.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

No more Black and Gold first round draftpick giveaways, Boys and Girls !

Wisen up !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Last quality #15 pick was......:
    OK, we seem to have officially entered the spin zone with this thread... Tuuka Rask was drafted with the #21 pick... The point of this one is what, exactly ? 
    Posted by RMiller87

Two main points:

1.  It's interesting.

2.  Calm the nerves of the people who are upside down about the #15 pick being sent to Florida.

More #1 than #2.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Last quality #15 pick was...... : Exactly. Maybe if we had better scouts and a GM, we could diagnose better quality? Also, what is this person calling a "quality" pick?  A future HOFer?  I'd be thrilled with a long time valuable role player who is consistent in a role on this team for the next 10 years at #15. It doesn't have to be a HOFer.
    Posted by russgriswold

Follow the link above.  Many played zero games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

I was under the impression that the bruins were going to use this #15 pick to bundle it with another player to move into the top 5 of the draft to get a defenseman. Now it seems like this move is highly unlikely.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: Last quality #15 pick was...... : Two main points: 1.  It's interesting. 2.  Calm the nerves of the people who are upside down about the #15 pick being sent to Florida. More #1 than #2.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I don't want those people calmed down...

Because if they're nervous, the Black and Gold management is nervous...

And if the B&G management is nervous about trading away first round picks for rehabilitation projects, they might stop doing it...

And if they stop doing it, we might be able to build a Championship team like the Pens and Hawks did through the draft...

Capiche !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I was under the impression that the bruins were going to use this #15 pick to bundle it with another player to move into the top 5 of the draft to get a defenseman. Now it seems like this move is highly unlikely.
    Posted by Boston-kyle

That's also where I envisioned how the #15 pick would have been used.

Yes, it would now seem that that possible scenario is highly unlikely. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

I can't wait to see Horton play in a Bruins uniform. He looks like a beast on the ice. My bet is that he has an excellent year (30 goals) and that the Bruins got the better of the trade. Would have loved to have had Horton against Philly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

These Draft positional posts can be molded depending on what point you want to get across.

Here's mine:

St.Louis was undrafted and a Conn Smyth winner, so everyone in the draft should be better than Marty!

There, stupid, yet factual!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

The odds are that a #15 isn't going to be an impact player. Probably less than 40% chance he makes any impact at all, in the league within 5 years.

So, since the B's are a very good team, that needs scoring help NOW, this is a good move.

Even if it turns out to be a good pick, and the Bruins get the scoring they need, WHO CARES. It's about winning NOW!!!!!! Not 3 or 4 years from now.

Remember this, Calgary traded away Brett Hull for a couple of players that allowed them to win a Stanley cup. Would you do that trade again? Yes, cause you won it all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Last quality #15 pick was...... : So what?  Bad scouting by bad organizations with high draft picks is your excuse? Guess what, son?!!  Your own team is one of those bad organizations! "It's Called Bruins:  Win Now or Die!" What's another 10 more years of inept managament?
    Posted by russgriswold

It's simply interesting information.  Some of us like to review the history of the game.  Others, like you, like to cry about the owner and spread misinformation.  To each their own.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

NAS, I know it sounds strange, but, I agree with your posts . Horton can be the best deal yet for CHIA. He fills a need for size, scoring ability; he wants to play in Boston after the turmoil in Florida;If Seguin can be as good as we expect; then reboot or remove Ryder; kick up or trade Wheeler; plug in Marchand and Caron; it starts to get exciting. Will Savvy be traded? will TT be traded?? what more interesting moments can you conjure up??

Sections
Shortcuts