Latest trade info from EDM fan so it's completely unreliable

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Latest trade info from EDM fan so it's completely unreliable

Moreau and #1 for #2, Wheeler, and Hamil. If I'm PC I would still be laughing if that proposal actually happened. I hope he taped it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Latest trade info from EDM fan so it's completely unreliable

I really like this deal for both sides.  Moreau is exactly the type we need on our 3rd-4th line...picture a much hard nosed version of Yelle...we get Hall...they get Seguin and a winger with upside...it actually smells a lot of what edmonton does...

is there a source

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

oops....saw Hamil added...sorry...I can see one of the 2 going...not both

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Take out Moreau and Wheeler and agree!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

doesnt make sense ....Wheeler is a 1st round pick (5th overall) and he will get 50 goals in 2 years from now if he plays with Seguin .....NO WAY ..NEVER EVER TRADE BLAKE WHEELER ...this would be the worst trade in the NHL history ...I wouldnt even trade WHEELER one on one for Edmonton's 1st pick .......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"Posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011 are hidden"

12 year olds shouldn't be allowed to post here.

Life is good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Latest trade info from EDM fan so it's completely unreliable:
    doesnt make sense ....Wheeler is a 1st round pick (5th overall) and he will get 50 goals in 2 years from now if he plays with Seguin .....NO WAY ..NEVER EVER TRADE BLAKE WHEELER ...this would be the worst trade in the NHL history ...I wouldnt even trade WHEELER one on one for Edmonton's 1st pick .......
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Stanley, 50 goal scorers tend to "have it" rarely are they developed especially in the modern game..  If wheeler was a 20 year old in his second season sure.. But there is nothing in his game that suggest he would ever do such a feat.  The fact that you think he will makes me think you do not understand what a feat scoring 50 actually is.. Wheeler isnt even hungry with the puck, or around the net..

He had a 225k bonus sitting at 20 goals, and hit 17 with plenty of games left.. didnt get there. you keep saying he will be one of the best, but i haven't seen you formulate a single idea behind why you think this..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Not-A-Shot...you are a total IDIOT .....come back to me if ever Wheel is being traded ....match Wheeler with Seguin and I swear he will score 50 goals ...he is the next big Super star in this league ...please wake up

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If Wheeler scores 25 goals in one year I would be shocked...50 maybe in 3-4 yrs...bottom line, Wheeler is soft, can't score when it counts, or at all...
    Your love affair with him is depressing...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

if dealing Wheeler & Hamill is all it takes to get a shot at Hall, the goalscoring winger the b's sorely need, it's a small price to pay....  very small.... and the Oilers could even keep Moreau.... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

days,

The Oilers want to rid themselves of O'Sullivan/Moreau and Nilson.

I have always loved Moreaus leadership ability...if it means taking him on and dealing Wheeler I am all for it...plus we land Hall as well...and a perfect player for Hall to come into the league with is Moreau has had his share of young players in his days...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: Latest trade info from EDM fan so it's completely unreliable:
    days, The Oilers want to rid themselves of O'Sullivan/Moreau and Nilson. I have always loved Moreaus leadership ability...if it means taking him on and dealing Wheeler I am all for it...plus we land Hall as well...and a perfect player for Hall to come into the league with is Moreau has had his share of young players in his days...
    Posted by shuperman

shuperman, i have no problem with Moreau....  all i'm saying is if all that's needed to get a shot at Hall is dealing Wheeler & Hamill, no other enticement is required....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

days, The Oilers want to rid themselves of O'Sullivan/Moreau and Nilson. I have always loved Moreaus leadership ability...if it means taking him on and dealing Wheeler I am all for it...plus we land Hall as well...and a perfect player for Hall to come into the league with is Moreau has had his share of young players in his days...
    Posted by shuperman

Edmonton has certainly had their share of young guys playing with Moreau over the years.  Can't say that any of them flourished, however.

Of course, subtracting the leadership role that is presently being filled by 3/4 of the Boston roster, you're left with a guy who cracked 30 points three times in 11 years.  He makes Sturm/Ryder/Wheeler et al look like Hart Trophy candidates.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Latest trade info from EDM fan so it's completely unreliable : shuperman, i have no problem with Moreau....  all i'm saying is if all that's needed to get a shot at Hall is dealing Wheeler & Hamill, no other enticement is required....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

They could also not trade those players and take whomever is available at #2.  Not the world's worst idea considering they're both considered super prospects and there isn't a soul on Earth who can determine which one will have a better career.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Not-A-Shot...you are a total IDIOT .....come back to me if ever Wheel is being traded ....match Wheeler with Seguin and I swear he will score 50 goals ...he is the next big Super star in this league ...please wake up

Stanley - put your money where your mouth is.

How many goals for Wheeler this season?  Or do you want to bet on pts per game?  If you win, I'll support you in your bid to become Bruins asst gm.

If not, then you quit any effort to joins the Bruins organization? How about that?

35 goals for Wheeler this year on his way to 50? 

Place a bet kiddo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Not gonna happen. Moreau is a 2M cap hit for a 35 y/o, (in Sept.), 3rd/4th line role player. B's give up 2 decent prospects, plus the #2 for the #1 and an aging player? Not buying it. Besides, if Moreau is such a good leader why wouldn't you want to keep him around when you are going to have an influx of youth?

Run this one by them... Ryder, Sobotka and Thomas plus the #15 for the #1.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Take out Moreau and Wheeler and agree!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Totally agreed!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Not gonna happen. Moreau is a 2M cap hit for a 35 y/o, (in Sept.), 3rd/4th line role player. B's give up 2 decent prospects, plus the #2 for the #1 and an aging player? Not buying it. Besides, if Moreau is such a good leader why wouldn't you want to keep him around when you are going to have an influx of youth? Run this one by them... Ryder, Sobotka and Thomas plus the #15 for the #1.  
    Posted by BruWingFan

that ain't gonna happen either....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjd. Show emjd's posts

how does stanley keep getting the laptop into the padded room? i'd trade wheeler for some sticks and an a new skate sharpener

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

Just wanted to get my daily laugh at your manlove for Blake. Worse trade in NHL history? Laughable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Moreau's cap hit is a bit high....but comparing him to Ryder and Sturm is a joke...anyone knowing anything about hockey realizes that moreau is a true leader...pts don't always mean everything...MacT was a captain as well and didn't lead the Oil in scoring...
    If Ryder or Sturm had the heart Moreau had they would be 1st ballot HOFers.

And if you think last yrs team had a bunch of leaders you are wrong...this team didnt recover from the loss of Ward/Yelle/Axe.  Guys that knew what it took to win...we had Begin/Ryder and Sturm...big difference...

Anyway...I am not gonna sit here and attempt to make Moreau a god...I am saying we could surely use his leadership...and the reason the Oilers want to get rid of him is b/c he has been there too long...the management want the young core to take the reins "ala Pitt/Chicago".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Moreau's cap hit is a bit high....but comparing him to Ryder and Sturm is a joke...anyone knowing anything about hockey realizes that moreau is a true leader...pts don't always mean everything...MacT was a captain as well and didn't lead the Oil in scoring... If Ryder or Sturm had the heart Moreau had they would be 1st ballot HOFers. And if you think last yrs team had a bunch of leaders you are wrong...this team didnt recover from the loss of Ward/Yelle/Axe.  Guys that knew what it took to win...we had Begin/Ryder and Sturm...big difference... Anyway...I am not gonna sit here and attempt to make Moreau a god...I am saying we could surely use his leadership...and the reason the Oilers want to get rid of him is b/c he has been there too long...the management want the young core to take the reins "ala Pitt/Chicago".
    Posted by shuperman

How has Moreau's leadership helped the Oilers since his arrival? 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

They did make it to the finals a few years back..

The reason Moreau would be included in a deal is because the Oilers desperate want to get rid of Moreau, O'Sullivan, and Nilsson because of their awful contracts much like Boston would want to get rid of Ryder and Thomas.  No swap between the two will take place because the Oilers would try to throw in one of these guys and Boston can't afford any of them.  The B's will be fine with #2 and no extra cap space taken up. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They did make it to the finals a few years back.. The reason Moreau would be included in a deal is because the Oilers desperate want to get rid of Moreau, O'Sullivan, and Nilsson because of their awful contracts much like Boston would want to get rid of Ryder and Thomas.  No swap between the two will take place because the Oilers would try to throw in one of these guys and Boston can't afford any of them.  The B's will be fine with #2 and no extra cap space taken up. 
    Posted by derrickmorin

Yes, they did make it to the Final a few years ago.  I'm not sure if that was due to the play of Pronger and Smyth or if it was because Ethan Moreau is a great leader.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Weeker will score 50 goals sometime in his whole career.  I wonder if some those goals will be in the AHL after watching the 2009-10 season.  

Sections
Shortcuts