Latest trade info from EDM fan so it's completely unreliable

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Re: Latest trade info from EDM fan so it's completely unreliable

Anyone know what Wheeler is asking for in his next contract? I have'nt heard or seen anything yet. I hope it's not in between Krejci(3.5 mil) and Lucic(4.0 mil)? If somebody could give me a number I give my friend props for the rumor because if Wheeler wants something like 3.75 mil a year it would make sense why PC would even consider the deal. I am one of the few though who really like Hamil's game and would love to see him get more of an opportunity with the B's and would hate to see him as part of the deal. Especially because I think Hall and Seguin will both be good pending future health.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Latest trade info from EDM fan so it's completely unreliable:
    Anyone know what Wheeler is asking for in his next contract? I have'nt heard or seen anything yet. I hope it's not in between Krejci(3.5 mil) and Lucic(4.0 mil)? If somebody could give me a number I give my friend props for the rumor because if Wheeler wants something like 3.75 mil a year it would make sense why PC would even consider the deal. I am one of the few though who really like Hamil's game and would love to see him get more of an opportunity with the B's and would hate to see him as part of the deal. Especially because I think Hall and Seguin will both be good pending future health.
    Posted by KJBruinswin

I don't think Wheeler will get more than $2.5M.  While he might ask for more, he doesn't have the game to back it up..so far.

I have seen Hamill play many times, and I have yet to be impressed with his effort or skill.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Hamill is averaging .5 points per game in the AHL.
    This guy is not a checker, so unless he starts to double his point production, he should not be playing in the NHL.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Remember Hamil has only 1 game of NHL experience(avg 1pt per NHL game) and his AHL team is horrible. Even Crosby could'nt lead that team to an AHL championship for those who did'nt watch the P-Bruins last year. This year if Hamil plays with Caron, Colborne, Alexandrov and good draft picks in the AHL it is a different story. Hamil has NHL talent but not ideal NHL size, that's his problem.  Hamil's other problem is his position is as a top 3 center stuck behind one of the best top 3 center teams in the NHL. And if some troll wants to say their team has a better top 3 centers when everyone is healthy feel free to post. I could care less about other teams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

In Response to Re: Latest trade info from EDM fan so it's completely unreliable:
    In Response to Re: Latest trade info from EDM fan so it's completely unreliable : that ain't gonna happen either....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

I know... I just threw it out there as yet another ridiculous trade suggestion.  Laughing

Personally, I'd stay right where we are and take whoever EDM doesn't. But I'd like to see PC attempt to do something with players and the remaining picks to try and move up into the top 10... That would be sweet if he could pull it off.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

i wont go out on a limb & say wheeler will get 50,but i do believe we have only seen alittle of the offensive weapon he can become....people have different personalities & from what i read from wheelers is hes alittle unassuming,shy,not a confident person....with his talent,size,shot & ability to push the puck up ice, I could see with alittle confidence,maturity him turning into a vanek type player minus the front of goal presence vanek has....on the rush with 2 other offensive players (not ryder!) wheeler will produce some pretty goals in his time...give him 2 yrs at 4.75 & make him earn that payday

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NOT,

Do you really believe Moreau wasn't a huge part of that team...I mean behind the scenes we will never know...I know when he is on the ice he gives a full out effort and is a workhorse...teams make it to the finals...and he is a big part of that. 
    Moreau has LEAD his team to the finals...what has our captain lead us to?

Listen I know you love playing the part of devils advocate...but I also know you are a smart hockey guy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Remember Hamil has only 1 game of NHL experience(avg 1pt per NHL game) and his AHL team is horrible. Even Crosby could'nt lead that team to an AHL championship for those who did'nt watch the P-Bruins last year. This year if Hamil plays with Caron, Colborne, Alexandrov and good draft picks in the AHL it is a different story. Hamil has NHL talent but not ideal NHL size, that's his problem.  Hamil's other problem is his position is as a top 3 center stuck behind one of the best top 3 center teams in the NHL. And if some troll wants to say their team has a better top 3 centers when everyone is healthy feel free to post. I could care less about other teams.
    Posted by KJBruinswin

KJ,
    your looking at this as a hamill fan, not a hockey fan, and certainly not as an objective observer, this AHL team is horrible, is why he can't produce?  Yet many players have produced, Sobotoka, over a point per game in teh last 2 years, marchand, near a point per game, Lehtonen, who I am ready to call a career NHL/role guy, is near a point per game.. Hamil, who has done nothing to show top 3 nhl center, and your lobbying to give him more NHL time cause he scored 1 point in a throw away game vs Washington.

I think he has NHL passing ability, but that is the only thing he has shown so far and it will take more then that..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

i wont go out on a limb & say wheeler will get 50,but i do believe we have only seen alittle of the offensive weapon he can become....people have different personalities & from what i read from wheelers is hes alittle unassuming,shy,not a confident person....with his talent,size,shot & ability to push the puck up ice, I could see with alittle confidence,maturity him turning into a vanek type player minus the front of goal presence vanek has....on the rush with 2 other offensive players (not ryder!) wheeler will produce some pretty goals in his time...give him 2 yrs at 4.75 & make him earn that payday
    Posted by pucman

I don't think anyone argues talent, its whether he puts it together. I think Sobotka is a better player then he has shown, based on a lack of confidence he has been shown from the coaching staff.. Wheeler has has managements full support the past 2 years, he worked his way on to the team as a rookie, but there were many stretches he should have been sat this season and he wasnt..  Could he pan into a nice well rounded player, sure, I don't think he will ever be as goal hungry as Vanek though so I wouldnt go that far..  Part of me sees his game almost being similar to Czerkawski's, talent is there but he needs everything to be right around him to produce.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And if some troll wants to say their team has a better top 3 centers when everyone is healthy feel free to post.
    Posted by KJBruinswin

Crosby/Malkin/Staal

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Crosby/Malkin/Staal? Those stiffs? Pshaw! :p

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

whatever Wheeler's asking for is too much....  Hamill will make about as much of an impact with the b's as Lars Jonsson did....  remember him?....  i didn't think so....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

NOT, Do you really believe Moreau wasn't a huge part of that team...I mean behind the scenes we will never know...I know when he is on the ice he gives a full out effort and is a workhorse...teams make it to the finals...and he is a big part of that.  Moreau has LEAD his team to the finals...what has our captain lead us to? Listen I know you love playing the part of devils advocate...but I also know you are a smart hockey guy.
    Posted by shuperman

The team goes far one time in the three years that Moreau is there, and it's him that lead them?  No, I wouldn't say that at all.  If that were the case, he would have continued to lead them.  The other two seasons, they stunk the joint out.

Before the lockout, they missed the playoffs and lost in the first round with Moreau on the team.

This whole BS about leadership that has infected everyone's minds is insane.  Sure, it would be nice if the locker room wasn't full of Nancyboys, but look at the case you're making for Moreau and the claims your making about his leadership.

The guy has played more than 50 games in 11 NHL seasons.  He has made it out of the first round one time.  That one time, you're suggesting that it was Moreau who lead them to the Finals.

It wasn't the great defensive play of Pronger.  Pisani, Hemsky, and Horcoff weren't the major factor.  It was role playing Ethan Moreau that got them there, and therefore, the B's could use him.

This is not Devil's advocate.  This is disputing 1+1=4,592.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

BadHabitude....you're on Man ....Wheel will get 66pts next season ...if he plays with Segin 36 goals if not 32 goals......but dont be surprised if he gets 40 goals ..am I the only one who can see a talent ???? I dont think so ....all the GM's in the NHL would beg on their knees to get a big talented young power forward like Whell....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

islamorada...please swith to Poker or dogs show ...cause you have no knowledge of hockey at all ......Wheeler is still young and he is about to reach his peak in a couple of years ..you have no idea how good this kid will become .....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Roler, I admit being a Hamil fan but I have also posted other times that he is not untouchable at this time in the right trade (especially not as a throw in to clear headaches for GM's, Moreau overpaid, Wheeler's agent probably asking for 3.5 mil using Lucic's numbers to compare with). My problem with dealing a young guy without ever giving him a chance with the big club first is the Versteeg trade. I thought we robbed the Hawks after listening how Versteeg would never be an NHL player. After watching him play for the Hawks I would love to know what the Bruins were thinking when they never gave him a chance.  Oh yeah I remember, good skill but bad size, too small for the NHL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

BadHabitude....you're on Man ....Wheel will get 66pts next season ...if he plays with Segin 36 goals if not 32 goals......but dont be surprised if he gets 40 goals ..am I the only one who can see a talent ???? I dont think so ....all the GM's in the NHL would beg on their knees to get a big talented young power forward like Whell....
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

let's see how many offers "Wheels" gets in the open market....  i'm sure the b's would happily let him go and take whatever pix would come in return....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Latest trade info from EDM fan so it's completely unreliable : Yes, they did make it to the Final a few years ago.  I'm not sure if that was due to the play of Pronger and Smyth or if it was because Ethan Moreau is a great leader.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Well, they dealt Pronger that summer, dealt Smyth at the following deadline, and haven't had a sniff since - Moreau's been there the whole time though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Roler, I admit being a Hamil fan but I have also posted other times that he is not untouchable at this time in the right trade (especially not as a throw in to clear headaches for GM's, Moreau overpaid, Wheeler's agent probably asking for 3.5 mil using Lucic's numbers to compare with). My problem with dealing a young guy without ever giving him a chance with the big club first is the Versteeg trade. I thought we robbed the Hawks after listening how Versteeg would never be an NHL player. After watching him play for the Hawks I would love to know what the Bruins were thinking when they never gave him a chance.  Oh yeah I remember, good skill but bad size, too small for the NHL.
    Posted by KJBruinswin

When Hamill puts up numbers similar to Versteeg's AHL numbers, this point might have some validity.

He hasn't been given a chance in the NHL because he can barely make it in the AHL.  First round picks don't get to play in the NHL by default.  Just ask Jon Aitken.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

In Response to Re: Latest trade info from EDM fan so it's completely unreliable : The team goes far one time in the three years that Moreau is there, and it's him that lead them?  No, I wouldn't say that at all.  If that were the case, he would have continued to lead them.  The other two seasons, they stunk the joint out. Before the lockout, they missed the playoffs and lost in the first round with Moreau on the team. This whole BS about leadership that has infected everyone's minds is insane.  Sure, it would be nice if the locker room wasn't full of Nancyboys, but look at the case you're making for Moreau and the claims your making about his leadership. The guy has played more than 50 games in 11 NHL seasons.  He has made it out of the first round one time.  That one time, you're suggesting that it was Moreau who lead them to the Finals. It wasn't the great defensive play of Pronger.  Pisani, Hemsky, and Horcoff weren't the major factor.  It was role playing Ethan Moreau that got them there, and therefore, the B's could use him. This is not Devil's advocate.  This is disputing 1+1=4,592.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I agree that people are overrating 'leadership' but just the other day you claimed Wesley was a major part of the Canes cup run the same year.  One's a Dman one's a forward, but you claimed it was Wesley being a top PK and shut down guy that made him so important.  Moreau was their top PK guy and top defensive forward yet wasn't a factor in their run to the finals. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Posted by KJBruinswin

Wheeler can not use lucic's contract as a jumping off point, point production may indeed be similar, but there is the fact that lucic is younger, plays a more physical game, and has actually been a force in the play offs the past 2 seasons which is when wheeler has been a complete ghost.. Plus the fact that more GM's would have an interest in Lucic who (this year is a hard judge) has shown improvement from year to year..

Stanley, I have asked y ou a couple times to point out what it is you see in wheeler?? Cause you pretty much are the only one.. The bruins have clearly not made resigning him a priority as and RFA at this point I think in part cause if he gets over the 2.8 mark offer they will be happy with the picks.

He is not as young as you claim, does not have the size that you claim, and definitely does not have that goal scoring killer instinct, lots of guys have come and gone with tons of talent with out ever making a mark on the NHL, till he actually does something why don't you calm down.. I can think of a far more talented player, who posted way better numbers, and played a more phsyical game (though not as physical as he was capable of) who was traded in the middle of an MVP season, for a couple of seacond line guys and a checker.

He has talent, I am not arguing that, but I see nothign in his game, style of play or desire to suggest he will ever be as productive as michael ryder.. Look as his first 3 years...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Latest trade info from EDM fan so it's completely unreliable : I agree that people are overrating 'leadership' but just the other day you claimed Wesley was a major part of the Canes cup run the same year.  One's a Dman one's a forward, but you claimed it was Wesley being a top PK and shut down guy that made him so important.  Moreau was their top PK guy and top defensive forward yet wasn't a factor in their run to the finals. 
    Posted by derrickmorin

Actually, it was you that said he was a major part of the Cup run.  I said he instrumental as a 3/4 d-man minutes and was part of the top defensem pairing with Ward.  Edmonton's top PK guy and top defensive forward was Michael Peca.  If you're going to come at me, be sure to avoid making stuff up.

You can keep trying, like many others, but you're just wasting your time.

Thanks for reading!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Latest trade info from EDM fan so it's completely unreliable : I agree that people are overrating 'leadership' but just the other day you claimed Wesley was a major part of the Canes cup run the same year.  One's a Dman one's a forward, but you claimed it was Wesley being a top PK and shut down guy that made him so important.  Moreau was their top PK guy and top defensive forward yet wasn't a factor in their run to the finals. 
    Posted by derrickmorin

I haven't posted that he wasn't a factor.  I have stated that his leadership wasn't "the factor".  Moreau didn't lead that team to the Final.

My statements are very clear and easy to understand.  No need to try to read anything into them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

In Response to Re: Latest trade info from EDM fan so it's completely unreliable : Actually, it was you that said he was a major part of the Cup run.  I said he instrumental as a 3/4 d-man minutes and was part of the top defensem pairing with Ward.  Edmonton's top PK guy and top defensive forward was Michael Peca.  If you're going to come at me, be sure to avoid making stuff up. You can keep trying, like many others, but you're just wasting your time. Thanks for reading!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Spin it how you want to spin it..I was simply pointing out that you were saying Wesley was very important in one arguement and saying Moreau wasn't important even though he was playing the same type of role.

In the first sentence of my post I agreed with your leadership point didn't I?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TylerSeguin. Show TylerSeguin's posts

Thanks Stanley ...I hope I can contribute to Wheeler<s success

Tyler Seguin