Leafs are ready to trade Kaberle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Leafs are ready to trade Kaberle

Now that Boston Burke has signed Lebda(2 year deal) another d man meaning no more room for Kaberle. Kaberle sweep stakes are on the podium. I know Kaberle is a gamble but for one year contract and reunite with fellow country man Chara it can be good gamble.

Now will be the time to put Ryder on the waivers either ATL,DAL, or NSH will scoop his one year contract.

Trade Hunwick to STL. for prospect (a winger to play in PROV) or make a deal with NYI for Roloson.

Could Wheels go to the Leafs for Kaberle? and be back with his buddy Kessel?

The Jason Spezza scenario could NYI  be in the hunt for a top center man with Tavarez and Moulson combo. I think this would the ideal move NYI.

With this meaning Savard has a open invitation to go back to home town Ottawa
    and in return the Bruins get Boston College boy Ryan Shannon.

Thomas situation I have the feeling he will be TB bound as Smith develops into a goalie TB will need a vet goalie and in return we get Paul Ranger (he is an RFA with potential).

I am not a hockey Guru but this makes some sense but 50 % realistic.

With the Bruins having experience d man this would be the time to send in the young center men. What do the Bruins have to lose.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Leafs are ready to trade Kaberle

SAVARD FOR RYAN SHANNON?

I think the B's can do a bit better in return for Savard than a 27 year old guy with 20 career NHL goals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

We would be absolutely retarded to trade Savard to Ottawa or Toronto

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

And considering PC has been shopping Ryder since well before the trade deadline, I doubt any team is going to take him on anything less than re-entry waivers

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Chia is determined to upgrade this Bruins team. Until I saw Seguin on the NAS video, I was wavering on the thoughts of trading Savard, but Seguin's speed and skill cries out to play center, and not 4th line break in easy time. His skills indicate an ability to cover the ice, on both ends, as a center, and indicates that savy's offense only capabilities could be moved. It would be delightful to watch three two-way centermen capably support the D with breakout speed and puck control, as well as create impact on offense. Get a good look at Colborne as reports of his size, abilities and maturity might preclude going to Providence, particularly if Savvy goes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Leafs are ready to trade Kaberle:
    PLEASE!.... STOP ALL THIS TRADE SAVARD TALK! he,s a premier center in this game and for the life of me you can never have enough talent.  leave it alone where a stronger team  next year with a seguin and SAVARD!
    Posted by pissttt

Trade Savard.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

Who gives a toot on his vuvuzela whether Burke wants to trade Kaberle or not Burke seems to think the world revolves around him I think the guy's vastly overrated the leafs may not finish last but they're gonna be close to it and Boston will get another high 1st rounder! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I suspect that the Toronto pick will likely be a lottery one in 2011 as well... Might even be #1 pick overall as the Oilers will be much better now that Pat Quinn is gone from behind their bench... "The exact thing thing we did not want to see this year." Huh ?
    Posted by RMiller87

I hope this is correct!  The thought of the B's having two high draft picks in a row is incredible.

I don't think it will happen, however, as I expect the Leafs to make the playoffs!  I hope they don't, but I think they will.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Hello RMiller87 thanx for your correction you must be a school teacher. I did not say trade Savard for Kaberle their could a possibility he will go to Ottawa his home town for Ryan Shannon and I will add today maybe picks or prospects. Now that the Bruins signed Stuart and filled the d spots for now Chara Sied. Boy. Stuart Ference Hunwick now sign Mcquaid and see if any d during training camp are impressive to be a potential call up.

Not a shot I will agree with you the Leafs will end better this season and 50/50 shot to make the playoffs. I hope they end in the same position as last year but highly unlikely.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"The exact thing thing we did not want to see this year." We did not want to see a team move up in the lottery and knock the Bruins out of the 2nd spot. Next year, hopefully we will move up. How are the Leafs going to improve from 2nd last in the league to making the playoffs? Do you think they improved their team that much this offseason?
    Posted by DanteFratto

Not during the offseason as much as during the second half of last season.  They moved a lot of dead weight and improved some painful positions.  Their defense is better, their goaltending is better.  If they had won eight of the games they lost last seson, they would have finished in seventh place.  They started the season with eight straight losses.  Can't expect that to happen again.  I don't expect them to start out with eight straight wins, either.

A lot can happen during a season, a win instead of a loss, a win instead of an OTL, an OTL instead of a loss.  They have better defense, better goaltending and you-know-who will be playing the full season.  Their young players will have a chance to make the club and make an impact, also.

It'll be interesting.  I hope they choke miserably, but I just don't think that's going to happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No one ever went broke underestimating the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Another top-5 or even top-10 pick seems too good to be true.  But you know, as of this minute, CapGeek lists them as the team with the highest payroll in the league, and that's not including the ~$2M for Kadri, which will replace one of the under a mil. deals currently assigned to the roster.  It does include potential bonuses, and you can probably bank on them sending Finger down, so they do still have a little money to spend.  Their forwards:

Armstrong-Bozek-Kessel
    Versteeg-Kadri-Grabovski
    Kulemin-Mitchell-Caputi
    Orr-Sjostrom-???

That group is going to strike fear into the hearts of...?

The D has more name recognition even if you dish Kaberle to save a few bucks:

Phaneuf-Beauchemin
    Schenn-Lebda
    Komisarek-Gunnarson

The only guy there, though, with aspirations to be a #1 D is Phaneuf, and he's been regressing.  I have a hunch a C on his chest won't help.  The goaltending will definitely be better - no one named Vesa will play for them this year.  Giguere may be losing a step, and Gustafsson may still be figuring out the league, but that's a decent tandem.

Looking at that whole line-up, I get deja vu.  It looks like they should be better and maybe make it to 7th or 8th in the east, but it would take so little for them to crash and burn - an injury or prolonged slump for Kessel, a sophomore slump for Bozek, powerplay woes without Kaberle, Kadri not producing, Versteeg proving to be a product of the Chicago program etc. etc.   I could easily see the same basic arc as last year, where hope crashes and burns and a few prolonged cold streaks keep them firmly out of the playoffs an in the hearts of Bruin fans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

No one ever went broke underestimating the Toronto Maple Leafs.
    Posted by Bookboy007

LOL great quote

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Leafs are ready to trade Kaberle : Trade Savard.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Someone had to say it.

Oh yeah - RMiller, I think comment you followed with "huh?" meant that we didn't want to see anyone behind the Bruins move up via the lottery.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Leafs are ready to trade Kaberle : NAS... It's been firmly established in my mind that you are a Leaf blower... The Leafs have no forwards other than Kessel, Versteeg is unproven without talent around him, Lebda isn't that good, Phaneuf was locker room poison in Calgary, Armstrong is overpaid and only managed 29 pts. last season... They haven't replaced Ponikarovsky and Stahlberg's offense...  And you foresee the Leafs rising from 29th to make the playoffs ???? There's a reason that Kaberle wants off this lousy team, eh ?
    Posted by RMiller87

I'm not exactly sure what a "leaf blower" is.

You have your educated guess as to what will happen.  I have mine.  I'm sure, someday, we'll find out who was right.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah Burke is ready to trade Kaberle like PC is ready to TT and Ryder sigh...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

With Giguere instead of Toskala for the start of the season, I expect the Leafs to make the playoffs.
    Their D is set, with or withour Kaberle.
    The leafs are looking for a top 6 foreward in exchange for him.If Burke can't manage that, maybe he goes bigger, and goes after Bobby Ryan for Kaberle & Kadri.
    With the addition of 1 more top 6 foreward, plus all the other changes made last season and this summer, the leafs are, IMO, a much stronger group than the one that started last season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Pass on Kaberle.