Lenny Clarke & Denis Leary, Why???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sray. Show sray's posts

Lenny Clarke & Denis Leary, Why???

Will these guys please go away. Someone needs to let Lenny know that he hasn't said anything remotely funny in 20 years. Seriously, I never saw 40k people squirm at once until he took the mic yesterday. Denis, we all applaud your charitable work but go away. Who made these guys unofficial representatives of Boston? Trying to stay relevant by storming the NESN broadcast booth half-lit and screaming your head off in WEEI doesn't make you any less of an embarrassment. That really sucked yesterday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Re: Lenny Clarke & Denis Leary, Why???

lenny kinda looked like a he she with that fur on

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

It's a matter of taste. I like Lenny Clarke and I like the Dropkick Murphys.

Some people don't like either. You could have gone to the concession stand or the refrigerator if Lenny bothers you that much.

I skipped over the Canadian National anthem , but enjoyed James Taylor.

I think there were more annoying things to complain about. How about Mike Emrick talking more about weather conditions(even though there were none to be concerned about) and eye black than describing the game play. Sobotka threw a terrific bodycheck in the first , but they were to busy commenting on something stupid to mention it until about a minute or two after it happened.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sray. Show sray's posts

Zilla, try to stay with the conversation here. No one mentioned the Dropkick Murphy's (BTW, I like them a lot) or the NBC broadcast team. What we are talking about is those two unfunny guys that keep showing up everywhere. Its painful.
    I will get back on Lenny's bandwagon if you can tell me just one funny or even remotely funny thing that he has said in recent memory.....I'm waiting? 
    Zilla, I used to go see him 30 years ago (when no one knew who he was) at places like the ding-ho in Cambridge and he was actually funny then, granted we were all drinking way too much and doing other thiongs too (as was Lenny). But those days are way behind us and him.  Leary's "tough guy" routine wore thin a looong time ago. Sorry but its true.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

sray, you have the right to your opinion.

Your point was that Lenny Clarke is not funny to YOU. I added my comment that the Dropkicks and Lenny Clarke do not appeal to all people. These people are not for everybody. I don't like entertainers like 50 cent and I don't find George Lopez very funny. I just ignore them.

You are hilarious with your 2 posts telling a person with 3000 some odd posts to "stay with the conversation"

You are just mad because my opinion is not the same as yours.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sray. Show sray's posts

Thanks for letting me have an opinion Zilla, mighty big of you. You are wrong and arrogant to boot. Anyone who has literally thousands of posts online at any website really needs to get a life. No wonder this duo appeals to you.

You are right though that these guys aren't funny TO ME (and you're also right about 50 cent and Lopez.) But the fact is that the TV "comedy" shows that Clarke and Leary both made, "Its All Relative" and "The Job" were both cancelled (rightfully) before their first season's ended. Point: MOST people don't find these guys funny. Again, they have to go away. 

Also, many fans were taping the game and events around it yesterday. Unfortunately, they could not "go to the fridge" or change the channel and they now have several very forgettable minutes that include these bozos embarrassing themselves and our town. I'm done here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Sray, you have alot to say with only 3 posts....Thats my opinion, like it or not. I dont really give a *hit. I dont see you on FX making a hit show like rescue me. How long has that been on tv?????? If you like then or dont thats fine, but why be an A-hole to someone on here that has an opinion. You started this thread, if you didnt want a response, then you should of kept it to yourself...try to keep up if you can... No one likes an A-hole! Its simple, people posts comments and share their thoughts and opinions on here....Agree or disagree. Act like an A-hole, then go away!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Okay so who would you have run up there and sing ?  Ben Affleck ?
    I'm sure you would have found something wrong with him.
    Zilla was only stating his opinion , why you're getting all defensive is beyond ...
    Can some of you just take it as it is ?    It was a fun day and " Sweet Caroline" was needed .  Everyone outside of Boston is talking about it and giving the city of Boston and Fenway PRAISE !  Yesterday Boston was the envy of all the sports fans checking in.  THAT'S IT !  Who cares who went up and sing .......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Sray... I am defending zilla... he gave his opinion only.... if you ask a question then expect all kinds of answers.  BTW I am a Pogues fan, Shane MacGowan would probably be too drunk to sing at Fenway during the winter classic.  BsLegion has it right... relax.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Dennis Leary is a great Bruins fan and does a lot of charitable work.  He's a good friend of Cam Neely and I thought it was cool to have him involved in some way...people will always find something to complain about!!!  It was by far the best winter classic game to date and congratulations are to be extended to the Bruins and Flyers organizations, the NHL, the city of Boston, the Fans who attended the game and yes, the entertainers...it was a great day all around!!!!  In my humble opinion.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

he made a rallying cry and the B's after playing in a fog for 50 minutes woke up...sounds like a good-luck charm to me

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sray. Show sray's posts

Wow....thought that I was done here. People, I started a thread that asks a simple question: Why Leary and Clarke?  Thats a simple invitation to state your opinion on Leary and Clarke. In return I'm told to go to the concession stand if I don't like it. Also thrown in are mentions of other acts like Lopez, 50-cent and now Affleck. If you want to discuss Doc Emrick then start a thread about Doc Emrick. This topic is not complicated. Thats all I'm saying, Haha.
    When I bring the conversation back to the original simple question I'm called A-hole.  People, if you like/dislike these guys just state what you like/dislike about them and let it go. It looks like only 3 people did that here in clear concise fashion I might add.
    I said at the outset that I applaud Denis for his charity and good works but the act has grown thin and Lenny is just painfully annoying. Convince me otherwise and I'll be back onboard.
    As a lifelong Bruins/Red Sox fan the winter classic at Fenway was a dream come true. When Sturm scored the game winner everyone in my house jumped and cheered and hugged just as if we were there in the stands. This was a special event....one of a kind! To answer your question BS, this didn't need anyone to "run up there and sing". The game stood on its own 2 feet without the need of such quasi-celebrity interference.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

sray, why Leary and Clarke? ok, i'll take that and answer it this way. It is an entertainment event. Fox shows all their celebrities as does ABC in promoting everything they can during a sporting event. It's the only thing left for the NHL, since they got into the dumbest deal ever with a network that now doesn't even run on the biggest TV subscriber out there...DirecTV...So NBC let the whole thing hang out. They brought out the hall of famers, they brought in some personalities, singers, and comedians. Since Leary and Neely engineered the Legends charity game the day after the Winter Classic, so naturally let them have their "7th inning stretch" moment...which is exactly what the whole fricken Leary and Clarke thing was...but you are too idiotic to figure out, so there now I gave you your answer...7th inning stretch led by Lenny Clarke...end of story.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

In other words, get over yourself on Clarke/Leary. I saw them in person at a comedy tour a few months ago, they were both hysterically funny.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

You started a thread, and zilla stated his opinion and you told him to keep up with the conversation. I guess you didnt like what he had to say, fine. But dont treat him like a fool.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from palealeman. Show palealeman's posts

my thoughts  are the the same as strays, i would also like to say james taylor does nothing for a real hockey fan , except the fair weather types or moonbats.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Why was Leary wearing a Red Sox shirt and not a Bruins shirt ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

"Why was he wearing a Red Sox jersey?"  Maybe his Bruins jersey was in the wash??!!  He was at Fenway after all....and everybody already knows hat he's a HUGE BRUINS FAN!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

It was pretty bad but take it for what it was: ENTERTIANMENT FOR A MAINSTREAM AUDIENCE TO TRY AND REACH OUT BY THE NHL. For starters it should have been during an intermission, not interupting the game and intstead they should have had Bill Burr do 5 mins of stand up.  His blog on the bruins on NHL.com last years playoffs was hilarious, wish he could keep it up all season. Pay me 500K I'll stand up there in Neil Diamond costume shirtless and sing sweet Caroline 3 times in a row like he did 4th of july, I wonder if he ever gets tired of it?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeff-bagwell. Show jeff-bagwell's posts

I was hoping to find a thread like this...Kudos for starting it - much truth here.
    I'm so tired of these two; neither is funny or talented, both are jerks, they ruined the afternoon; just go away and drink yourselves to death already.
    Just who the H--L made THAT WUSS LEARY the Pope of Boston sports; he's what's called a "jock sniffer."
    On the '04 Series DVD, Leary said Yankee fans could "Kiss his a--."
    Kiss mine for the 27th time, a-hole!
    I went to Emerson with him, played softball against him - he's just another geek who thinks he's tough; now he's the biggest P---Y on the ice at the Taft School.
    As for having a 'hit' show on FX, I have two words for you: "Nip/Tuck" they'll keep anything on to fill air time.
    Guess we should get ready for more idiotic rambling during a Sux game this summer, with enablers Orsino & Remy wetting their pants.
    It's apparently real easy to entertain chowdah heads, apparently.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucknut. Show pucknut's posts

I remember seeing Denis Leary on TV wearing a NY Rangers shirt during the Rangers Stanley Cup run.  He should not have been allowed to represent Bruins fans in any way and should have been banned from the Legends game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle-. Show Michelle-'s posts

I dont really care for Lenny Clark. Denis Leary, well I dont think he is funny at all.
    BUt he really brought an energy to the game at the Classic which some of the players said brought back a lot of energy.

Here is my real problem with Leary. He let Baby Jacobs play in the legends game.

give me a break.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle-. Show Michelle-'s posts

pucknut.. he cant be banned from the legends game.. its his charity.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

To the people who stood up for my opinions....Thanks, guys!!!

To sray...thanks for starting an entertaining thread...you are a very arrogant poster for someone who is new.

This board has become the sounding board for everyone who has complaints about the Bruins. Only it goes much further than that. I have read threads cutting up Jack Edwards, Rene Rancourt, and Brickley among others. Complaining about the whole minute or two that Lenny Clarke appeared during the Winter Classic is fitting very nicely with the over-riding theme of these boards. We are Boston fans , we love to complain, our Baseball team didn't win for 86 years our NHL team hasn't won in Cup in longer than most of you have been alive. We have the right to complain about anything.

I'm waiting for a thread complaining about the dumb commercials ( Can't beat Bernie's) or the Zamboni driver.

This whole thread is just so funny. This is the kind of entertainment I come here for.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I am also a regular on the Red Sox boards as some of you know, and the threads are often 75% complaints about everything from Theo, John Henry, Francona, Ortiz, Jerry Remy, Daisuke, Varitek, etc.

I just find it funny that we are fans of sports teams with a rich history and many superstar players but we still focus on the negative aspects all the time.

I mean , I understand that the Bruins haven't won the Cup in a while , but seriously we have had Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito,Rick Middleton, Ray Bourque , Cam Neely, Adam Oates , and many other big stars. The team visited the finals or semi-finals alot in the 70's and 80's.

But, it's not like we are alone. St. Louis, Philadelphia, Toronto, Vancouver, N.Y. Rangers ( except for their one Cup in the 90's)Washington  and Buffalo have similar droughts of not winning a Cup.

It's not an exact science, winning championships. You need the right coach, the right players, few injuries and a little luck. Sounds simple but it ain't. I honestly thought the late 80's team with Bourque and Neely, Moog, Lemelin , Poulin, Christian, Wesley etc. was a darn good team and I was really excited about their chances. We just didn't have that thing called luck.

So, with all the years of misfortune we are reduced to complaining about everything. Including a comedian who ruined some guy's Winter Classic because he's not as funny as he should be.

Go figure.