LET THERE BE NO DOUBT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

LET THERE BE NO DOUBT

Don't get me wrong.  TT is one of the best goalies in the league.  However, for some reason; he just does not have it this year.  Moreover, for whatever reason, the team does not play for him like they do for Rask.  Therefore, let there be no doubt who #1 is after tonights game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: LET THERE BE NO DOUBT

I hate to admit it but they will now ride Rask again.
    Let's see what he's made of.
    I'm not a TT hater in case you feel like bashing me.  I'm just stating what I think will happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheelhouse46. Show Wheelhouse46's posts

im sorry, but i will get you wrong. i can name 15 goalies id take over thomas. hes not one of the best in the league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Rask has been the man for awhile he deserves it positionally sound!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

I agree that the Bruins will ride Rask, but Thomas wasn't the problem in the 1st period tonight. The Bruins defense was absolutely horrid. The Devils skated circles around them. The d-men were standing still. Yes Thomas gave up 3 goals, but his defense didn't help at all

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Missed the game, just watched the highlights, and I'm sorry but he was awful on all three goals.  The second goal was a breakaway, so he's not the only one at fault, but that was not a great shot.  The first goal, he is, once again, so concerned with the guy in front of him that he loses his net and the puck goes in while he's picking himself off the ice after basically knocking himself down trying to push Niedermeyer.  And the last goal was brutal rebound control - he spit it into the slot off his chest.  No, the D didn't help him, but he has to be better than that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

In Response to Re: LET THERE BE NO DOUBT:
    I hate to admit it but they will now ride Rask again. Let's see what he's made of. I'm not a TT hater in case you feel like bashing me.  I'm just stating what I think will happen.
    Posted by BsLegion

Last season I posted something about the Bs' opinion of over-playing a young gialie, and the general consensus about how that tends to ruin them. Lots of examples I won't go over again.

So at this point, we can only hope Rask is an exception to the rule, because yes, TT should be gone. It almost hurts me to say that because I feel bad for the man, and whatever the reason for his decline, I'm sure it's more than just a matter of having gotten lazy. But the facts are the facts.

Would not want to be TT tonight. He probably thought he was back on track before tonight.

Watching his decline has been very depressing, not only because of what it has done to the team but for the man.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

Let there be no doubt that this teams in simply awful

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

TT is still serviceable...just let Rask see if he can handle the restof the season from now on out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Let there be no doubt that this teams in simply awful
    Posted by jtassinarisoccer

Agree offensively. Defensively we're adequate. Good to see you back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

The truth is anytime a goalie has to make a stop, there are 5 other players on the ice that did not do their job; however, the fact is, TT just is not playing to the caliber that he was last year.  Does this mean that he is a bad goalie, or does our team just make him look bad?  Who knows; my point is that this team does not play for him.  Moreover, Rask is playing to the caliber that TT played last year. 

Did TT let in softies last year, yes.  Was it as noticeable when our team was scoring 4-5 goals a game, no.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Thomas's problem is all mental.  I don't know how many stories I've read saying that the key to Thomas's success was learning to control his emotions.  He hasn't done that this year.  I can't count how many goals he's given us as a result of being out of position trying to take his frustrations out on opposing forwards.  He pushes himself right out of his net on that first goal last night.  He had no hope of regaining his positioning.

Add that he's feeling the pressure from Rask, that he's obviously a proud guy, that he keeps hearing sound bites from mgmt saying he's not playing as well as he did last year, and the desire to 'steal' games for a team that isn't scoring, and I think he's messed up in the head.  I don't think he's done - which is good because I think they'll need him next year either as a nominal #1 or a co-#1 with Rask.  But he's probably done for the year.  It will take some time off to restore his equilibrium.  And at this rate, he's going to get a lot of time off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from splittingatom. Show splittingatom's posts

The truth is anytime a goalie has to make a stop, there are 5 other players on the ice that did not do their job; however, the fact is, TT just is not playing to the caliber that he was last year.  Does this mean that he is a bad goalie, or does our team just make him look bad?  Who knows; my point is that this team does not play for him.  Moreover, Rask is playing to the caliber that TT played last year.  Did TT let in softies last year, yes.  Was it as noticeable when our team was scoring 4-5 goals a game, no.
    Posted by dbg1

Hey I heard the jack edwards interview on the Hub this morning too.  Only his example was his college soccer career - "When a goalie has to make a save it means 10 guys on the field made a mistake"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsin. Show jsin's posts

"The truth is anytime a goalie has to make a stop, there are 5 other players on the ice that did not do their job;"

Ridiculous statement... So the best teams allow 0 shots?

I agree about Thomas though, very shakey this year.  No confidence.  You would think that a guy who has been an underdog for most of his carreer would be better at finding his game under these circumstances.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

First, TTs play isn't the only reason this team is so bad.  They are the worst in the league in scoring, which is shocking given the talent on that roster.

That said, it is an untrue statement that TT is one of the best in the league.  He's not.  He was an afterthought when he was brought in as an emergency to back up Raycroft and has hung on through incredible disasters with Raycroft, Toivonen and Fernandez, all of whom were slated to be #1.

Clearly, TT is a quality guy and a battler.  He's also not a #1 in this league; never was.  Not enough talent.  His circus saves are great for the highlight film, but no goalie in the NHL makes easy saves look so hard and gives up so many bad goals due to poor positioning. 

He had a perfect storm last year of a Norris Trophy winner in front of him as well as a perfect Jennings winning team defense.  You can talk all you want about his stats last year, but the fact is Fernandez had essentially the same numbers before he hurt his back.  And, all the "elite" goailes were hurt, off-years, etc.  That Vezina was like giving a Cy Young to Matsuzaka.

The biggest problem now is, a bad Timmy goal hurts this team so much because they cant score.  And the effect his ridiculous Chinese fire drill routines back there has on the defense is palpable. I dont think Rask is the total answer yet (soon), but its painfully obvious the team is more settled with a guy that him in goal, who is professional and in control.

Obviously, the horrific mistake of a contract Chiarelli gave TT makes it all that much worse.  Untradeable, playing poorly... its a lose-lose at this point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to LET THERE BE NO DOUBT:
    Don't get me wrong.  TT is one of the best goalies in the league.  However, for some reason; he just does not have it this year.  Moreover, for whatever reason, the team does not play for him like they do for Rask.  Therefore, let there be no doubt who #1 is after tonights game.
    Posted by dbg1

You are wrong, he is not the best goalie in the league. I been saying that since he started for the B's in '06 and people keep bashing me (I guess im the Michael Felger of the Bruins Boards) and i am right 98% of the time. People have the tendency of falling in love with players when they showcase brilliance in a short period of time. Timmy has never showed me anything, a few flopping great saves, ( he was not even sure if the puck would hit him) other than that he is just a good backup.

Bryzgalov
    Miller
    Voukun
    Luango
    Lundqvist
    Brodeur
    Fleury
    Nabakov
    Kiprusoff
    Backstrom

Are all better goalies than Timmy, he does not even crack the top 10 in career GAA or SV%.

Another player people are head over heals over is David Krejci. Now, i don't mind that at all because i think he is a very good young player but sometimes i get a laugh when fans say he's better than Patrice Bergeron, LMAO!... Why? because he had one good year? People wanted Patrice Bergeron traded because they were afraid that there was not going to be enough $$ to sign Krejci and Kessel. Face it, Patrice Bergeron has come back from a horrific injury. He has done a lot more with a lot less around him. Recchi/Kobasew and Axelsson as your line-mates for the last 1.5 seasons? Are you kidding me? would love to see even Jarg crack 50 points with those skaters.

Bergeron is a dynamic player, he has been miss-used heavily this season. He's a top-line player with a elite skills. Per Bob Mckenzie "Best 1 on 1 player in the NHL in my opinion", says a lot coming from him. You can't get the puck off his stick, he is tremendously tough. Really good dangler, can shoot and has great vision and his hockey smarts are off the roof. I love Krejci and he has awesome hands but he no Bergeron.

Recent history has proven my point. Savard is out and Bergeron now has offensive duties to fill. All he has done is score 3 goals for 7 points in last 4 games. I rest my case...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

There is a very good reason for the let down this year for TT. Yes he hasnt been as sharp as he was last year, and he has let up a few too many that he would like back, but this team is not as strong defensively as it was last year, and TT is being put in the position of doing to much, and when that happens these results are expected. TT's prior success came from B's teams that were some what solid on D. They miss the likes of Ward and Hnidy a lot. I alos feel that is part of the reason Chara's game has gone down is the loss of Ward. Ward and Hnidy blocked a lot of shots last year something that is sorely lacking with this team. Rask has played a little better than TT imo only because he's not running around trying to do to much. I also think that having those 2 dman helped Wideman. Wideman played a little better last year and alos played less minutes. Im not a fan of Wideman he is at best a 4th-5th d in this league, similar to Montador minus the willingness to fight, but if he didnt play as many minutes as he does all the mistakes wouldnt be as glaring. In this off season, I feel the team needs to solidify the d and add a winger for savard and they will be fine

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to LET THERE BE NO DOUBT:
    Posted by dbg1

So, he's "one of the best goalies.." except when he's not?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Moogfan - I agree with your points entirely.  The number one priority should be to solidify the defense - we lost leadership, character, and toughness in letting Ward and Hnidy go, not to mention their defensive positioning in front of the net, as you say.  Chara, Seidenberg, Stuart, Boychuk, and maybe Hunwick (if he can settle himself down) should be the top five next year.  I would let Rask play the bulk of the remainder of the season and hope that he gets a shot at one round of the playoffs for experience.  If Thomas will agree to be moved (Chicago?) in the off-season, I'd do it - if only to get out from under that ridiculous contract Chiarelli agreed to.  I like Thomas' heart and soul but he looks way out of sorts this year and I don't think the future looks much brighter for him, especially if Rask continues to develop and takes the bulk of the time in net. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

We need someone to take Thomas from us just like we took Manny Fernandez from Minn.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

TT is a good back up goalie . Thats where he should be sitting . I like his personality but hate watching him play goal . Let Rask play every game down the stretch , win or lose , and see what happens . If the B's make the playoffs , great , they likely won't go far anyway . At least give Rask a taste of what the pressure of a playoff race is all about . By the way that third goal TT gave up last night was brutal and basically sunk any chances of winning or tieing the game .

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zig2K. Show Zig2K's posts

Lets see...last year TT contract year....never made any real money in NHL....plays is behind off...wins individual award....is 34 yrs old...get huge guarenteed contract...starts to play like journeyman...HHMMMMMMM??????  Get it Bruins fans???? Lemmings

Sections
Shortcuts