Lets MOVE the "C" from Chara now.. it's time..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Lets MOVE the "C" from Chara now.. it's time..

While we as fans are all wound up over the B's latest lackluster performance, I wonder where our Captain was .. and why he isn't LEADING BY EXAMPLE...

Note to CHARA..GET IN YOUR TEAMS FACE AND GET THEM FIRED UP MAN ! LEAD or LEAVE....

On a more positive note, Jack Edwards doesn't have to wear his LUCKY suit any more... I imagine that it stinks less than the B's did..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Re: Lets MOVE the "C" from Chara now.. it's time..

Bergeron for captain, with Boychuk getting the honors if Bergy goes down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Post #1 =  Dumb

Post #2 = Post #1 x 10

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Ok, then who should be captain Not-A-Shot?  Chara?  Because he hasn't shown us any reason why he should be captain.  And you should not be talking about dumb posts, I've seen what you have posted and its not pretty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Post #3... has a right to his opinion and I am OK with that..

IMHO, I watched Chara morph into a different player than when he first arrived here. A few years ago, he actually LEAD the team in many facets of the game.. hits, willingness to engage and fight when necessary.. but this year .he has not done any of that.. As a fan,I'd cut him slack with injuries etc.. but at some point when healed.. he has to show leadership and it's just not there any more.. Based on that observation and if you remotely agree, wiouldn;t that be just cause to put that 'C' on a player that is leading by example..like Bergie?  That again, is my opinion.. for what its worth...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Lets MOVE the "C" from Chara now.. it's time..:
    Ok, then who should be captain Not-A-Shot ?  Chara?  Because he hasn't shown us any reason why he should be captain.  And you should not be talking about dumb posts, I've seen what you have posted and its not pretty.
    Posted by TimThomas-god

Nobody cried about Chara last season.  The whole team bites.  Chara does not have to show you any reason.  You have been behind closed doors a total of zero times.

Want a scapegoat?  Start with Peter Chiarelli, follow that with Claude Julien.

Do you honestly think this team would be in a better place if someone else was wearing the "C"?  Would that help score goals?  Would that stop Julien from not understanding line chemistry?

The team is not talented.  Who is the captain is the least of their worries.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

In Response to Re: Lets MOVE the "C" from Chara now.. it's time.. : Nobody cried about Chara last season.  The whole team bites.  Chara does not have to show you any reason.  You have been behind closed doors a total of zero times. Want a scapegoat?  Start with Peter Chiarelli, follow that with Claude Julien. Do you honestly think this team would be in a better place if someone else was wearing the "C"?  Would that help score goals?  Would that stop Julien from not understanding line chemistry? The team is not talented.  Who is the captain is the least of their worries.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Amen to this point...moving the "C" from Chara's chest is not gonna change things Bruins fanboys!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Valid points...  however.. when a player puts on the "C".. it impacts the entire team in that that player is supposed to show them how to get it done. And no, I do not think that a change to someone else would lead this team to the promised land but I do think it would free up Chara to play his game again.. Seems to me that by putting the C on him, he has to hold back for fear of showing the other players the wrong approach ..which in my opinion .. is desperately needed now.  I saw how  Joe Thorntons game changed when they placed the C on him.. he wouldn't drop the gloves because it might send the wrong message as team captain to other players.. The lack of talent on this team is glaring now.. and their only hope is to instill fear into opponents coming in to the Garden.( in essence.. playing a mean game on the edge of illegal).. I don't see that happening at all.. and I believe there is some correlation with team atitude and who wears the Captains C. Strip the C off Chara and let him go and do what he used to do best..

I doubt I  swayed your opinion over to mine ( nor do I care if you agree ) but it is my opinion from what I have seen.. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Johnnybruin. Show Johnnybruin's posts

What a dumb post....right.. chara is the problem..what are you smoking!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

SupportLocal, I agree. The team isn't going to trade any drafts away, it's very obvious they need someone to step up and really take that lead role, whatever it might be (I'm a big fan of "if you can't beat them then beat them up"), and these guys need to be reminded that they are getting paid gobs of money and totally fail.

Not singling out Chara but they should send a signal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

They should have never traded Aaron Ward. Just look at Ward's career stats - he came to Boston in February 2007, and things got better, he left during the 2009 offseason, and see what happened. I simply loved it when he chewed out the press who had the Bruins not making the playoffs in their 2007-08 season previews. He, in my mind, was much more of a captain than Chara ever was & ever will be, even if Big Z really speaks five different languages and is able to converse with Marco Sturm in German. And is he really worth 7.5 mill per year? If he consistently played like last season I wouldn't have any problem with his salary and all, but last year's Chara seems to have been an aberration. We all know that Chiarelli loves the man, but he overpaid for him, which btw seems to be a Chiarelli trademark. No way on earth Lucic is worth 4 mill per year, ditto Ryder. Stupid deals like that make Chiarelli look anything but smart and handcuff the Bruins. They can only make a deadline deal today if they can get rid of some salary, or else they couldn't even fit a new Zamboni driver under the cap.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

I say give the "C" to Recchi. He is the only one deserving of it AND it will send a message, which is EXACTLY what this team needs. We all know Chia has NOTHING in trade value (as far as roster players) so I see no other choice.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They should have never traded Aaron Ward. Just look at Ward's career stats - he came to Boston in February 2007, and things got better, he left during the 2009 offseason, and see what happened. I simply loved it when he chewed out the press who had the Bruins not making the playoffs in their 2007-08 season previews. He, in my mind, was much more of a captain than Chara ever was & ever will be, even if Big Z really speaks five different languages and is able to converse with Marco Sturm in German. And is he really worth 7.5 mill per year? If he consistently played like last season I wouldn't have any problem with his salary and all, but last year's Chara seems to have been an aberration. We all know that Chiarelli loves the man, but he overpaid for him, which btw seems to be a Chiarelli trademark. No way on earth Lucic is worth 4 mill per year, ditto Ryder. Stupid deals like that make Chiarelli look anything but smart and handcuff the Bruins. They can only make a deadline deal today if they can get rid of some salary, or else they couldn't even fit a new Zamboni driver under the cap.
    Posted by MrHulot

How are things working out for him in Carolina?  How are things working out for Carolina?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

What a dumb post....right.. chara is the problem..what are you smoking!!!
    Posted by Johnnybruin

While I agree that you have a right to your dumba** opinion.. JohhnyB.. I disagree with it and reiterate ( look up the word if you don't know what that means).. that YES... Chara is PART of the Problem.. not necessarily the only problem.. .. What I smoke has no bearing on my comment but it is based on what I see when I watch these guys 'go thru the motions' rather than show up. It is the CAPTAINS job to lead by example.. if he dogs it.. everyone else will to..

As for you.. Try to bring something tangible to the table instead of making a dumba** comment like that?  Get a grip son...Sealed.. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

They don't have a captain on this team. Maybe Recchi, but what future is that?

They need a star forward for a captain. Bergy is a nice guy and everything, but he isn't that good on the ice. He just looks good because his team stinks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Johnnybruin. Show Johnnybruin's posts

In Response to Re: Lets MOVE the "C" from Chara now.. it's time.. : While I agree that you have a right to your dumba** opinion.. JohhnyB.. I disagree with it and reiterate ( look up the word if you don't know what that means).. that YES... Chara is PART of the Problem.. not necessarily the only problem.. .. What I smoke has no bearing on my comment but it is based on what I see when I watch these guys 'go thru the motions' rather than show up. It is the CAPTAINS job to lead by example.. if he dogs it.. everyone else will to.. As for you.. Try to bring something tangible to the table instead of making a dumba** comment like that?  Get a grip son... .. 
    Posted by SupportLocal81

All I am saying is Chara is the ONLY guy trying out there. THe rest of the team doesn`t care. Very hard for a captain to tell these millionaires to move their butts out there, I think management bet on the wrong guys to perform. Removing the C would make no difference except telling the lazy guys it`s not their fault.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Two words, Mark Stuart. They drafted him partly based on his leadership qualities and captain potential. He's got grit, toughness and a locker room presence. I don't think Chara is ruining the team, but a positive change in the locker room can really turn a team around. Look how well Washington has played since Ovechkin became captain, or since Staal was named captain in Carolina. A good move can really change a team's dynamic, and shake things up in a positive way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I think moving Chara 'A' and giving the C to Bergeron would not offend Chara and would be a good start toward rebuilding the team's chemistry

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I think moving Chara 'A' and giving the C to Bergeron would not offend Chara and would be a good start toward rebuilding the team's chemistry
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

I disagree.  It will translate into the Bruins basically telling Chara that he isn't a leader on the team and not worthy of being captain.  That all may be true, but you take the 'C' off of Chara, he is gone after his contract expires.  Guaranteed.  Other teams would be fighting to acquire him at the same money (or more) than the Bruins would pay, so why wouldn't you go somewhere where you feel more wanted?

If you are happy losing him once he becomes an UFA, then go for it.
    I don't think the 'C' on Chara is the problem with this team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

In Response to Re: Lets MOVE the "C" from Chara now.. it's time.. : All I am saying is Chara is the ONLY guy trying out there. THe rest of the team doesn`t care. Very hard for a captain to tell these millionaires to move their butts out there, I think management bet on the wrong guys to perform. Removing the C would make no difference except telling the lazy guys it`s not their fault.
    Posted by Johnnybruin

Ah.. much better than belittling my comment.. something of substance.. thanks...
    I think you are missing my point thou.. and that is.. that as long as Chara wears the "C".. his game is somewhat tempered in that he doesn't bring the same willingness and grit that he normally would if he were free to play his game..  What I thought we were getting and saw some of it early in his B's career versus what we have now... differ significantly. I do not think he can do it alone, nor do I blame him for the way the team is now but cut him free of the "C" and let him play his game.. I agree with you that these millionaire kids will probably not change their ways as a result of that but other teams coming in will ..when Big Z punishes them.. the way we thought he would..   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

In Response to Re: Lets MOVE the "C" from Chara now.. it's time.. : I disagree.  It will translate into the Bruins basically telling Chara that he isn't a leader on the team and not worthy of being captain.  That all may be true, but you take the 'C' off of Chara, he is gone after his contract expires.  Guaranteed.  Other teams would be fighting to acquire him at the same money (or more) than the Bruins would pay, so why wouldn't you go somewhere where you feel more wanted? If you are happy losing him once he becomes an UFA, then go for it. I don't think the 'C' on Chara is the problem with this team.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

You are making my point ! He ISN"T a leader when he alters his play because of the 'C'.. which he clearly has..Chara can read into it what he wants and once his overpaid contract is up..he can go anywhere he wants..( more power to him).. We need him to play his game now and the 'C' is a limiting factor..Players move on ..it's the nature of the business...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In Response to Re: Lets MOVE the "C" from Chara now.. it's time.. : How are things working out for him in Carolina?  How are things working out for Carolina?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

You're missing the point. He was a true leader in Boston on a team that needed a guy like him. Carolina is basically still suffering from the 2006 Cup hangover.
    Chara may be a good defenseman, and when he plays like last year he might even be worth every penny they're shelling out for him, but right now I wouldn't mind if they got rid of him. There are better and more consistent d-men out there, the ones that make their whole team better, and at this point and time this seems to be one essential quality that Chara does not have.
    But isn't that the whole thing that's wrong with the Bruins management? They spend so much time working out bloated deals for shut-down defensemen and grinders and miss out on scorers. RADIOHEAD should rename that old song of theirs "Anyone can play defense" and play it for Chiarelli every morning until he gets the idea (well, maybe he still won't).