Lidstrom & Green before Chara : Shame on the NHL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

Lidstrom & Green before Chara : Shame on the NHL

Yep Lidstrom has been a great D but he is no longer an impact D ...and Green is a joke defensively .......Chara shoud have been on the 2nd all star line ...

Well they can keep Lidstrom and Green we'll take the Stanley Cup in 2011-2012-2013

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Lidstrom & Green before Chara : Shame on the NHL

No Bruins on the stage this year but they'll have the Rocket Richard trophy winner there next year right Stanley.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from drayna14. Show drayna14's posts

Chara? 2nd All-star line? what?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontrealBrewin. Show MontrealBrewin's posts

Chara should be stripped of the C. Give it to Bergy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlazeTrailer. Show BlazeTrailer's posts

I agree on the Green part. The fact that he gets mentioned as one of the best d-men is a joke, let alone how it paints the Norris voting by him getting nominated.

Having said this, Lidstrom has slowed a little, but in a big game I would rather have him than Chara. The guy is near flawless (and probably was flawless when younger), comes out of corners with the puck more often than Chara, passes much better than Chara, and for Chara's size he isn't that much more physical in open ice. Add in the fact that Lidstrom takes far fewer penalties than Chara (owing to a much better stick skill level - well that and Chara getting unfairly penalized for stick infractions that result from him being so tall) and it means he is also a more reliable bet to be on the ice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from drayna14. Show drayna14's posts

In Response to Re: Lidstrom & Green before Chara : Shame on the NHL:
    Chara should be stripped of the C. Give it to Bergy.
    Posted by MontrealBrewin

Agreed! I really wish some of these Bruins fans could get it through their head that just because he is the tallest defenseman in the league it doesn't equate to being the best. He is amazingly bad and soft 75% of the time.

A top 3 defenseman this year? Barely scratching the top 10.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In Response to Re: Lidstrom & Green before Chara : Shame on the NHL : Agreed! I really wish some of these Bruins fans could get it through their head that just because he is the tallest defenseman in the league it doesn't equate to being the best. He is amazingly bad and soft 75% of the time. A top 3 defenseman this year? Barely scratching the top 10.
    Posted by drayna14

Actually, a lot of us bruins' fans, started to equate him as being the best d-man in the league, was last year, when he was named, best d-man in the league.
    Go figure...Duh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from drayna14. Show drayna14's posts

In Response to Re: Lidstrom & Green before Chara : Shame on the NHL : Actually, a lot of us bruins' fans, started to equate him as being the best d-man in the league, was last year, when he was named, best d-man in the league. Go figure...Duh.
    Posted by biggskye

Yeah? how'd that turn out this year?

He was on a team that was good last year. Tim Thomas the best goalie in the league too? Claude still the best coach ever? On and off either of those bandwagons?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Lidstrom & Green before Chara : Shame on the NHL : Agreed! I really wish some of these Bruins fans could get it through their head that just because he is the tallest defenseman in the league it doesn't equate to being the best. He is amazingly bad and soft 75% of the time. A top 3 defenseman this year? Barely scratching the top 10.
    Posted by drayna14

I don't form my opinions on awards or all-star lists.  I form them on what I see when I watch the games.  I don't steal my ideas from the back of a hockey card that I keep tucked up under my 50 Mission Cap.

I don't care how tall he is, I care about what he does with his size.  I don't care if he's the captain, the alternate or nothing. 

After watching him for many years, I believe he's one of the best defensemen in the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from drayna14. Show drayna14's posts

I guess we agree to disagree on the point that he can't skate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I guess we agree to disagree on the point that he can't skate.
    Posted by drayna14

Boogaard can't skate.  Wideman can't skate.

Chara is plenty mobile to play his position at a very high level.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from drayna14. Show drayna14's posts

In Response to Re: Lidstrom & Green before Chara : Shame on the NHL : Boogaard can't skate.  Wideman can't skate. Chara is plenty mobile to play his position at a very high level.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Are Wideman and Boogard also Defensemen you consider "Best in the League"?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Lidstrom & Green before Chara : Shame on the NHL : Are Wideman and Boogard also Defensemen you consider "Best in the League"?
    Posted by drayna14

Yes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from drayna14. Show drayna14's posts

In Response to Re: Lidstrom & Green before Chara : Shame on the NHL : Yes.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Oh well, got me there I guess.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Meh, awards and honors are much to do about nothing IMO.

there is only 1 award that matters, the rest is just noise.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In Response to Re: Lidstrom & Green before Chara : Shame on the NHL : Yeah? how'd that turn out this year? He was on a team that was good last year. Tim Thomas the best goalie in the league too? Claude still the best coach ever? On and off either of those bandwagons?
    Posted by drayna14

I'm getting too old to jump on and off band wagons.
    I am a Tim Thomas fan, and I believe Chara is a very good d-man.
    I also understand that a player's effectiveness can vary year to year, because of injuries, and even personal issues.
    Chara is always near the top in minutes played for d-men. He is also lining up against the other teams' top forwards night after night.
       I have never thought Julien was the "best coach ever". He was voted best coach for 1 year. That award has always been a joke. It is just given for the team that over-achieved the most that particular year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontrealBrewin. Show MontrealBrewin's posts

Chara was an okay D-man this past season. Nothing like he was the year before.

But he doesn't deserve to wear the C IMO because he doesn't motivate his team.

How do I know? Look at the product for much of the season.

He's got one year left and I hope he doesn't re-sign with the team.

At 7+, he's just not worth it.

Sections
Shortcuts