Like it or not Rask choked.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Like it or not Rask choked.

I have already forgoton it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Don't tell me the team is resposible for not only blowing a 3-0 series lead"

I shouldn't have too now you turn out you're little night light and go to bed now K.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfanssuck. Show bostonfanssuck's posts

They should have started the real goalie in game 7 named Tim Thomas period.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

juniorfalcon19: The summer heat has made you halucinate and become delusional.

Go back and watch the goals scored on Tuuka in the four losses and you find three quarters of the goals were deflections, and most of his own teammates.

Tuuka will be just fine. Worry about other things more important.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfanssuck. Show bostonfanssuck's posts

Like the first one that dribbled around while Tuukka floundered?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Look at the goal again and watch what happened.

If you are unable to see it, play it in slow motion. If you still can't see it, go to an optomitrist for new glasses.

Better still... don't bother this board. Go somewhere else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Juniorfalcons=bostonfanssuck

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Toronto trolls are lingering...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked.:
    Like the first one that dribbled around while Tuukka floundered?
    Posted by bostonfanssuck

Tim Thomas made his name by floundering.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

Game 7 Flyers' Goals:

1: Deflection off of  Mark Stuart's stick. The deflection could have been blocked by Wideman, but of course he just watched. Results in an extreme boost in morale and momentum knowing that they still have a chance. 

2: Poor coverage by andrew Ference. Tuukka had comitted and went down low. Hartnell flipped it in because Ference was trailing him. Results in a sense of worry for Boston. Then the Bruins slowly turn into Play-Not-To-Lose-Mode.

3: Tuukka went down after Briere's repeated shots in that same area throughout the series. On the wraparound, the puck deflected off of Matt Hunwick. Fluke goal. Results in taking the team and the fans out of the game.

4: PP goal. It happens. No defensemen at fault. Tuukka went down early and Gagne managed to get the puck over his shoulder. Direct result of the too many men on the ice penalty. At even strength, Gagne is covered and doesn't get the shot.

Conclusion: While there were goals that were Rask's fault, there were also goals that were a result of poor defense, penalties, and flukes. Rask probably could have used a day off but we will never know. The collapse was the team's fault. Game 6 they lost 2-1. Game 4 they lost in OT, Game 7 they lost on a PPG. The team was responsible for each game as hockey is a team sport where everyone plays and everyone contributes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

As far as that series goes, I believe that not having Krecji and Sturm might have had a little something to do with it.  As much as I don't like Sturm, he does manage to put in the odd goal or so.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Why argue anything, most of what is actually said has some truth but the post is just on here to start crap..Did Rask cost the series, no, did he steal us a game in the final 4 chances no.  His numbers were mediocre at best.  All of these are things we all know.

The easiest thing to do with outlandish stupid post is to ignore them, no one post, they get buried on the board and they go away.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In my opinion, we lost our minds in the playoffs.  Even against Buffalo we were a different team then what we had seen in the regular season.  We didn't play well in our own end, which had been our bread and butter for two years.  It's like the goals finally started going in and everybody thought that the defense would just magically take care of itself.  I can't point my finger at one player on our team and say that they played well in that final series.  Even when we were up 3-0 in the series they argument can be made that only one of those games was a clear cut win.  Subtract Krecji, add in Gagne and the pendulum swung in the other direction.  We still should have been able to trap our way to one more win, but it wasn't to be.  The only way you can blame Rask for the loss is if you are under the impression that he is the team.  With the turnovers, deflections, and lost coverages we didn't deserve to win.  It seemed every mistake ended up in our net so I guess you can blame Tuukka for not bailing out the team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

The entire team choked.

Remember Chara the one with the "C" on his shirt had "no" shots on net in gms 5 and 6--- ZERO, Nada, none!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Tim Thomas made his name period. He is a good tender. As is Rask.

Rask is a good tender, but like all tenders, he has his faults and he faulted apart against Phi, he needed to be changed. He plays a very sound game and when he gets out of that zone he doesn't look any better than what others hate about TT.  He was constantly complemented on how he was playing so sound against Buf, but that disappeared against PHi.

Cj mucked it up with his deployment after a 3 goal lead, standing there sputtering with a vacant look, he was out of his league, the Phi coach after 1st intermission came out and said they were going to win the game while down 3-1.  Cj went into his d mode and lost it.

Phi went into desperation, dropped the 3rd D pairing played a total 10:31 combined, went with Pronger played 31:42 compared to Bos Wide 26:58 then Chara at 23:57. Cj's not playing the best players when they are needed is just killing him, Chara should have matched Pronger at least min for min, 7 G during game and Chara is on for 1 PP G.

I could rant on the final game let alone the final 4 all day long and noone cares.  The topic was about Rask Choking. No he did not choke, he ran out of steam and focus which happens, Cj did not evaluate this and make the right choice. Mon was shellacked they took out their goalie, he sat for a game and came back with a vengeance, refreshed, Rask needed this break, didn't get it.

This year Rask will be fitter and more attuned to playing bigger mins like a playoff run of every 2nd night, and TT will be back as well and ready to battle for the #1. Anyone thinks it is automatically Rask's job is just deluding themselves, TT will battle and will play a lot of games unless he becomes a dump for cap issues, which will be more probable when he shows his old form, because his salary is not an issue if he is stopping the puck.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Frigggin trolls.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

In Response to Like it or not Rask choked.:
    If you are a true Bruins fan the play of Rask against Philly was alarming.Pulling the biggest choke in sports history is not easily forgoton.Lets all pray they keep the real deal in Thomas and not rush Rask to failure.Even if he plays well you have to agree he will be gone after being underpaid on this contract much like Thomas was his first three years.The coach is notorious for fighting with his goalies and needlessly blaming them when his defensive scheme fails year after year.Don't tell me the team is resposible for not only blowing a 3-0 series lead but also a game 7 3-0 lead part of this HAS to fall on the goaltending like it or not.The kid was fed to the wolves,and may never recover.Once again terrible coaching lead to no goaltending change against the Flyers and will continue until this joke of a coach is fired.
    Posted by juniorfalcons19

Must be hard to hold onto this much bile, all these months later. Enjoy your summer. The B's start a new season in about a month or so; go Bruins!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

The Bruins stopped scoring when Krejci got hurt. Rask didn't choke, any true Bruins fan saw that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Once and forever, Rask did NOT choke. Some other members of the team may have as cited above, but not Rask. Perhaps TT should have been in for game 6 and/or 7, but CJ is not a risk taker in any way, shape or form. Boston has two very capable goalies who should help 2010/2011 get off to a good start. My main concern is the coaching since Ramsey is gone.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked.:
    In my opinion, we lost our minds in the playoffs.  Even against Buffalo we were a different team then what we had seen in the regular season.  We didn't play well in our own end, which had been our bread and butter for two years.  It's like the goals finally started going in and everybody thought that the defense would just magically take care of itself.  I can't point my finger at one player on our team and say that they played well in that final series.  Even when we were up 3-0 in the series they argument can be made that only one of those games was a clear cut win.  Subtract Krecji, add in Gagne and the pendulum swung in the other direction.  We still should have been able to trap our way to one more win, but it wasn't to be.  The only way you can blame Rask for the loss is if you are under the impression that he is the team.  With the turnovers, deflections, and lost coverages we didn't deserve to win.  It seemed every mistake ended up in our net so I guess you can blame Tuukka for not bailing out the team.
    Posted by Raskman

Do you ever feel sort of silly using "we" and "our" when referring to a group of players on a team that you're not a part of?

Sections
Shortcuts