Like it or not Rask choked.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Re: Like it or not Rask choked.

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked.:
    In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : Do you ever feel sort of silly using "we" and "our" when referring to a group of players on a team that you're not a part of?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Not even a little bit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

There's no question Rask had a terrible game 7 against Philly.

Skew the goals any way you want, but they were almost all softies.

Now weigh that against the OUTSTANDING MULTIPLE GAMES he had throughout the season and the playoffs up til then.

Does anyone seriously believe they would have gotten past Buffalo without Rask being the MVP of that series??? He actually outplayed arguably the league's best goaltender, so why dwell on one bad game that never should have had to have been played anyway had the team done what it was supposed to do in wrapping up that series in game 4, 5, or 6?

Rask has played enough hockey by now to AT LEAST earn him the starting job this year. Should he prove to be the next Andrew Raycroft or John Blue or Blaine Lacher or John Casey we'll know soon enough.

But to take ONE terrible game and declare Rask is a phony is not only short-sighted but grossly unfair. By those standards the best goalie who ever played the game--Martin Brodeur--should be run out of Jersey for having a couple of weak games against Philly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : Not even a little bit.
    Posted by Raskman

Nor do I!  With the amount of time and dedication I put in with this team, it is warranted. Now if I could just find my way on to the payroll... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRUINSINSIDER. Show BRUINSINSIDER's posts

In Response to Like it or not Rask choked.:
    If you are a true Bruins fan the play of Rask against Philly was alarming.Pulling the biggest choke in sports history is not easily forgoton.Lets all pray they keep the real deal in Thomas and not rush Rask to failure.Even if he plays well you have to agree he will be gone after being underpaid on this contract much like Thomas was his first three years.The coach is notorious for fighting with his goalies and needlessly blaming them when his defensive scheme fails year after year.Don't tell me the team is resposible for not only blowing a 3-0 series lead but also a game 7 3-0 lead part of this HAS to fall on the goaltending like it or not.The kid was fed to the wolves,and may never recover.Once again terrible coaching lead to no goaltending change against the Flyers and will continue until this joke of a coach is fired.
    Posted by juniorfalcons19
    Hard to disagree with anything stated here.Just because you do not want it to be true does not make it untrue.I am a huge Rask fan but he simply choked in the Flyers series.If Thomas played that series exactly as Rask did there would be lots of people calling to cut off his head.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

If Rask choked, Thomas got beheaded.  Give me a break.  Rask was the reason the team made the playoffs.  Very stupid thread.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Ryan Miller choked too I guess.  Thomas choked too (in training camp).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

If you keep feeding the trolls they keep coming back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRUINSINSIDER. Show BRUINSINSIDER's posts

If Rask choked, Thomas got beheaded.  Give me a break.  Rask was the reason the team made the playoffs.  Very stupid thread.
    Posted by misterpaulo
    So what would you call blowing a three game to none series lead,and a three to nothing lead in game seven? Steller play?Get a clue because someone post something realistic don't make them any less of a fan.Wow Rask beat the one man team Sabres, big deal.The Sabres were as offensivly challenged as the Bruins were.Even in that series he gave up a couple of leads or made the team come from behind.The playoff stats of Rask speak for themselves.Mediocre over all.Plain pathetic in the Flyers series.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheelhouse46. Show Wheelhouse46's posts

Bottom line.. Tuukka got some much needed experience under his belt. Had tim thomas played the majority of games this year, he woulda been booed out of boston and we woulda missed the playoffs.

Thomas got the reputation of not giving up on a play cause he finds himself so far out of position hes has to do everything he can to cover his a--.  Tuukka is a far more talented goalie.

The whole team choked. not just tuukka.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : So what would you call blowing a three game to none series lead,and a three to nothing lead in game seven? Steller play?Get a clue because someone post something realistic don't make them any less of a fan.Wow Rask beat the one man team Sabres, big deal.The Sabres were as offensivly challenged as the Bruins were.Even in that series he gave up a couple of leads or made the team come from behind.The playoff stats of Rask speak for themselves.Mediocre over all.Plain pathetic in the Flyers series.
    Posted by BRUINSINSIDER

Yes the stats do speak for themselves. Rask still finished with better stats than Niemi AND Leighton, the 2 goalies in the cup finals

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRUINSINSIDER. Show BRUINSINSIDER's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : Yes the stats do speak for themselves. Rask still finished with better stats than Niemi AND Leighton, the 2 goalies in the cup finals
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie
    Well Niemi had more playoff wins,and everyone knew Lieghton was the third string goalie for the Flyers.But head to head I believe Leighton beat Rask four games to none.So Rask was simply not as good as either of these goalies.The offense showed up for game seven Rask did not.A three to nothing lead should have won game seven easily.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : Well Niemi had more playoff wins,and everyone knew Lieghton was the third string goalie for the Flyers.But head to head I believe Leighton beat Rask four games to none.So Rask was simply not as good as either of these goalies.The offense showed up for game seven Rask did not.A three to nothing lead should have won game seven easily.
    Posted by BRUINSINSIDER

O.K. Rask choked, according to YOU. What do YOU think the Bruins should do with him?
    Send him to the minors? Trade him? What? Will this solve YOUR problem?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRUINSINSIDER. Show BRUINSINSIDER's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : O.K. Rask choked, according to YOU. What do YOU think the Bruins should do with him? Send him to the minors? Trade him? What? Will this solve YOUR problem?
    Posted by Wheatskins
    We have another, your, we, our, ect poster.I have no ownership claim to the Bruins.If I did I would of forced a goaltending change in game five when it was clear Rask was starting to falter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : We have another, your, we, our, ect poster.I have no ownership claim to the Bruins.If I did I would of forced a goaltending change in game five when it was clear Rask was starting to falter.
    Posted by BRUINSINSIDER

The question was...what do You think the Bruins should do with him? Not what would you do?

The final question was the most important: Would this (whatever action you would recommend the Bruins take) solve your problem?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : Well Niemi had more playoff wins,and everyone knew Lieghton was the third string goalie for the Flyers.But head to head I believe Leighton beat Rask four games to none.So Rask was simply not as good as either of these goalies.The offense showed up for game seven Rask did not.A three to nothing lead should have won game seven easily.
    Posted by BRUINSINSIDER

And the 3-0 lead, series and Game #7, would have held up if the Bruins didn't sit back on their heels and let Philly run over them.

As for Leighton and Niemi, I'll take Rask over them any day of the week. Leighton is overrated and Niemi is average at best. Both goalies benefitted from the team in front of them. Neither goalie was outstanding in the finals. As for choking... How about the Cup winner off Leighton?

Was Rask at the top of his game? No he wasn't. I also thought Tuukka should have had a night off. Thomas had hip surgery immediately after the playoffs. He likely was only going to play if Rask was injured. It's not the first time this type of situation happened and it won't be the last.    

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : your forgetting game 4 where he was terrible . You say don't forgot what he did. What about thomas he won the vezina and you forget about that and only trash him double standard
    Posted by bruinsking

No double standard at all. I'm a Thomas fan AND a Tuuka fan. But neither goalie is to blame for the Bruins losing that Flyers series. The offense went MIA as soon as Krejci went down, the D collapsed on itself, game 5 was a disgrace all around, and Tuuka's weak game or games --if you include game 4 which I'll charitably give you even tho' I shouldn't--is STILL the only 2 games you can cite AND you make no acknowledgment of the Buffalo series, without which Tuuka in net--there IS NO PHILLY SERIES.

You're not seeing the forest for the trees if you're --b**tching about the ONE area the Bruins DIDN'T have a problem last year--goaltending.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : No double standard at all. I'm a Thomas fan AND a Tuuka fan. But neither goalie is to blame for the Bruins losing that Flyers series. The offense went MIA as soon as Krejci went down, the D collapsed on itself, game 5 was a disgrace all around, and Tuuka's weak game or games --if you include game 4 which I'll charitably give you even tho' I shouldn't--is STILL the only 2 games you can cite AND you make no acknowledgment of the Buffalo series, without which Tuuka in net--there IS NO PHILLY SERIES. You're not seeing the forest for the trees if you're --b**tching about the ONE area the Bruins DIDN'T have a problem last year--goaltending.  
    Posted by TryToBearIt

This is a common problem amongst people who don't understand hockey. The goalie, as the last line of defense, is the easiest one to blame. They don't see a forward failing to pick up his man defensively; they don't see the defenseman leaving his man uncovered. And God forbid they should see a screen or a deflection. All they see is the guy who has to stop the puck, because if he makes one mistake, nobody can cover up for him. The red light goes on and the horn sounds and IT'S THE GOALIE'S FAULT!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

On a positive note...
    This "choke" got us the 15th overall choice, and not the 28th or 29th) allowing us to get Nathan Horton and Greg Campbell, and relieving ourselves of Dennis Wideman.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

After the Bruins took the lead 3-0 in the series and in game 7 the Flyers start getting all the bounces.  Goal number 2 and number 3 where deflections.  The only thing that concerns me a bit where the goals scored in the top corners but the Flyers have skills, Briere is one of the rare player that can ut the puck in the top corner on almost every shot. 
    Any goalie with butterfly style will allow some goals in the top corners.  At least Tukka stops the low shots unlike Timmy T.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRUINSINSIDER. Show BRUINSINSIDER's posts

After the Bruins took the lead 3-0 in the series and in game 7 the Flyers start getting all the bounces.  Goal number 2 and number 3 where deflections.  The only thing that concerns me a bit where the goals scored in the top corners but the Flyers have skills, Briere is one of the rare player that can ut the puck in the top corner on almost every shot.  Any goalie with butterfly style will allow some goals in the top corners.  At least Tukka stops the low shots unlike Timmy T.
    Posted by lucaooo
    The truth is Rask goes down on his knees more then a dollar ho.That is no excuse Rask simply folded choked whatever word you wish.To wheatskins if not for the little offensive explosian in the Sabres series Rask would of been exposed earlier.We got a lucky draw.Other teams like the habs and Flyers played their way under the Bruins in the regular season.Buffalo was the only team that had as little or less scoring power then the Bruins did.Once again Rask choked and I do agree it could hinder his career much like Price did after being swept by the Bruins the year before.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRUINSINSIDER. Show BRUINSINSIDER's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : The question was...what do You think the Bruins should do with him? Not what would you do? The final question was the most important: Would this (whatever action you would recommend the Bruins take) solve your problem?
    Posted by Wheatskins
    I told you I would have pulled him before the embarrassment.Guess you missed that part.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddy75. Show eddy75's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : The truth is Rask goes down on his knees more then a dollar ho.That is no excuse Rask simply folded choked whatever word you wish.To wheatskins if not for the little offensive explosian in the Sabres series Rask would of been exposed earlier.We got a lucky draw.Other teams like the habs and Flyers played their way under the Bruins in the regular season.Buffalo was the only team that had as little or less scoring power then the Bruins did.Once again Rask choked and I do agree it could hinder his career much like Price did after being swept by the Bruins the year before.
    Posted by BRUINSINSIDER

Rask didn't play like a star but he shouldn't have had to. He'll be fine, it's not like Rask gave up a weak wrister in OT or let in a clean 5-hole goal from 80 feet out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neelybestallaround. Show Neelybestallaround's posts

I don't say Rask choked, but he certainly opened my eyes as to whether or not the #1 job should be his. I hope TT stays & competes with Rask, because unlike the TT haters (which is all they are) I want TT staying where he is until Rask can show me the Rask of hype, not the Rask who played very medicore in his last 4 starts. The other thing that is amazing to me is how forgiving all the TT haters are to Rask. As mentioned numerous times on here. They certainly have double standards! If TT was the one who allowed that first Philly goal they wouldn't be talking about deflections, or off speed pucks! They'd be saying the puck was travelling slow enough that TT should've been able to pick it up! That's the saddest part of all. Rask doesn't deserve the number one job yet. I hope he is the real deal, but I don't want any goalie movement until I can see that he is & I promise I'll be far more fair to Rask then I am to the TT haters/bashers/contract,nmc haters are!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : The truth is Rask goes down on his knees more then a dollar ho.That is no excuse Rask simply folded choked whatever word you wish.To wheatskins if not for the little offensive explosian in the Sabres series Rask would of been exposed earlier.We got a lucky draw.Other teams like the habs and Flyers played their way under the Bruins in the regular season.Buffalo was the only team that had as little or less scoring power then the Bruins did.Once again Rask choked and I do agree it could hinder his career much like Price did after being swept by the Bruins the year before.
    Posted by BRUINSINSIDER

Wow. I nominate this for most moronic post of the year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : Wow. I nominate this for most moronic post of the year.
    Posted by duinne

I didn't get past the first line.  So, I'll nominate for stupidest opening line in a post.

Sections
Shortcuts