Like it or not Rask choked.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: Like it or not Rask choked.

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked.:
    sorry a spades a spade.a choke a choke.no need to sugar coat the pathetic job rask did in the flyers series. glad to see other poster without the rose colored glasses that do not understand anything about hockey except a guys name and a nice mask.face reality rask has only proven in his 2 years in the bruins system that he cannot guide a team to playoff success.
    Posted by juniorfalcons19

Wow. So much stupid in just one post.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : Wow. So much stupid in just one post.
    Posted by duinne

That's why the ignore function is fantastic. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

"Posts from juniorfalcons19 are hidden"

Life's good

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : That's why the ignore function is fantastic. 
    Posted by Raskman

True that. Thanks. ::clicks::

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

junior,  I see you changed your nickname again . No worries you won't be reported and with the viewing and comments of this thread you got something going.
    Game 7 the only goal I wish Rask would have done better would have to Gagne's goal, the game winning goal.
    1st goal broke a those dammed composite stick and deflected in and then there was that real fluke Briere so called rap around that missed net by 4 feet only to hit a Bruin on the shoulder and deflect in. Yes it was Rask's fault.
    Like someone else said here ,  if Rask didn't outplay the Olympics MVP and arguably the best goalie in the league this season the Bruins would be out the 1st round.
    I do agree that in game5 Rask should have been pulled for the start of the 3rd .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Legion- I'm sorry, but I'm not giving Rask a break on that first goal. His so called techically sound style should have had it! Every TT basher wouldn't be giving him any breaks whatsoever & they'd be asking for an execution! I don't mind having people having an opinion, but it depends on what they're basing it on. P Bergeron for ex. He's already admitted that he doesn't have a reason, but he just does because he hates his style. The other thing that I hate is double standards! If you'e able to give Rask breaks, you certainly can give some to TT who has given the B's the most solid goaltending in years. I don't care what system CJ has brought in. You can't sit there & tell me for sure that a Marty Biron type could come in here & do the same job. That's a guess, not a fact! So that's what P^s$e$ me to no end!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : Well Niemi had more playoff wins,and everyone knew Lieghton was the third string goalie for the Flyers.But head to head I believe Leighton beat Rask four games to none.So Rask was simply not as good as either of these goalies.The offense showed up for game seven Rask did not.A three to nothing lead should have won game seven easily.
    Posted by BRUINSINSIDER

True. And we can make all the excuses we want. But it doesn't change the fact that we are in the history books for choking big time. As a true Bruins fan you've got to believe that the Bruins are in a real good situation with their goalies. I believe Rask should have had game 5 off but Thomas was hurt. It's too late to do anything about it. We can just look forward to next season and hopefully Thomas will be back on his game. Then we will be poised for a deep playoff run.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Nites,  I agree with you that the same bad goals going in on Rask if were on TT half the board would have jumped on him.  
    On the topic of TT I've backed him many times and believe the Bruins are a better team with him than without.
    In the end the Bruins did not lose due to Rask .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : I told you I would have pulled him before the embarrassment.Guess you missed that part.
    Posted by BRUINSINSIDER

Let's see if I can understand your way of thinking. You would have pulled Rask and had Thomas in net for game 5.....and that would have won us the game. Right? Even though the rest of the Bruin team showed up only for a skate.

You would not have played Rask the rest of the series, right? And you think we would have won the series? Do I get it right so far?

And we would now have one irate, young goalie (Rask) who management has slapped in the face and embarrased him by pulling him after four games of the series and not letting him play again.

And you expect this same young goalie, after all this, to come to camp full of desire to make amends? And you would also expect this same young goalie, whose confidence you ruined, to lead us to the Stanley Cup in 2011?

That is the way you would handle your personnel?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : Let's see if I can understand your way of thinking. You would have pulled Rask and had Thomas in net for game 5.....and that would have won us the game. Right? Even though the rest of the Bruin team showed up only for a skate. You would not have played Rask the rest of the series, right? And you think we would have won the series? Do I get it right so far? And we would now have one irate, young goalie (Rask) who management has slapped in the face and embarrased him by pulling him after four games of the series and not letting him play again. And you expect this same young goalie, after all this, to come to camp full of desire to make amends? And you would also expect this same young goalie, whose confidence you ruined, to lead us to the Stanley Cup in 2011? That is the way you would handle your personnel?
    Posted by Wheatskins

it would not have won us the game. But it would have given Rask some much needed rest.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neelybestallaround. Show Neelybestallaround's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : Let's see if I can understand your way of thinking. You would have pulled Rask and had Thomas in net for game 5.....and that would have won us the game. Right? Even though the rest of the Bruin team showed up only for a skate. You would not have played Rask the rest of the series, right? And you think we would have won the series? Do I get it right so far? And we would now have one irate, young goalie (Rask) who management has slapped in the face and embarrased him by pulling him after four games of the series and not letting him play again. And you expect this same young goalie, after all this, to come to camp full of desire to make amends? And you would also expect this same young goalie, whose confidence you ruined, to lead us to the Stanley Cup in 2011? That is the way you would handle your personnel?
    Posted by Wheatskins

Umm if that was the case? The kid gets paid to do sports for a living. He can suk it up & be a man, or whine & be a princess. Like a lot of these atheltes are!  If this kid as poised as all the Rask lovers say he is. That scenerio wouldn't have hurt his confidence at all, but made him come back with a vengence! That's what a true professional does.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : Umm if that was the case? The kid gets paid to do sports for a living. He can suk it up & be a man, or whine & be a princess. Like a lot of these atheltes are!  If this kid as poised as all the Rask lovers say he is. That scenerio wouldn't have hurt his confidence at all, but made him come back with a vengence! That's what a true professional does.
    Posted by Neelybestallaround

Right on!  I'm so tired of hearing people use the "don't hurt his feelings" excuse.  They're multi-million dollar professionals.  They're also MEN.  They can be treated like men.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Rask won his first 2 OT playoffs games...can you get more pressure than that.  How many did Timmy T won so far?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Rask won his first 2 OT playoffs games...can you get more pressure than that.  How many did Timmy T won so far?
    Posted by lucaooo

Playoff OT games

Tim Thomas, 1-3
    2008 ECQF game 2-Canadiens 3 Bruins 2
    2008 ECQF game 3-Bruins 2 Canadiens 1
    2009 ECSF game 3-Hurricanes 3 Bruins 2
    2009 ECSF game 7-Hurricanes 3 Bruins 2

Tuukka Rask, 2-1
    2010 ECQF game 4-Bruins 3 Sabres 2
    2010 ECSF game 1-Bruins 5 Flyers 4
    2010 ECSF game 4-Flyers 5 Bruins 4

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Our rookie goalie failed to CARRY OUR (crippled up ) TEAM passed the 2nd round. What a failure, LOL.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : Right on!  I'm so tired of hearing people use the "don't hurt his feelings" excuse.  They're multi-million dollar professionals.  They're also MEN.  They can be treated like men.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I'M not talking Boys or Men here. I'm talking pysche.

Why ruin such a young, talented player. The Bruins would have lost the series anyway. You want to ruin a player psychologically too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : I'M not talking Boys or Men here. I'm talking pysche. Why ruin such a young, talented player. The Bruins would have lost the series anyway. You want to ruin a player psychologically too.
    Posted by Wheatskins

If getting pulled or benched is going to "ruin" him, his career is already over.  Maybe they should have awarded him a Stanley Cup also, you know, so he didn't feel so bad about losing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : If getting pulled or benched is going to "ruin" him, his career is already over.  Maybe they should have awarded him a Stanley Cup also, you know, so he didn't feel so bad about losing.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

So professional athletes are different from the rest of us mortals. Just press the button on or off and you get the desired result.

Obviously, we are not going to get anywhere with this discussion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Our rookie goalie failed to CARRY OUR (crippled up ) TEAM passed the 2nd round. What a failure, LOL.
    Posted by pauly1

Great post, I guess if you dont carry your team to the stanley cup as a rookie, you should be labeled a choke artist.

According to these meatheads, there are 15 choke artists this year and the rest of the goalies arent even good enough to make the playoffs. All hail Anti Niemmi!!

Rask posted the best GAA, save percentage, had a fantastic winning percentage despite the offense basically going from first to worst and outduelled the vezina winner in the playoffs, I think the kid did just fine. If you have labeled him a choke artist you are ignorant or have some other agenda, its that simple.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Posted by lucaooo

And rask gave up 2 & 3 goal leads 3 times in the play-offs! How manytimes has TT done that! ZERO!!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Like it or not Rask choked. : Great post, I guess if you dont carry your team to the stanley cup as a rookie, you should be labeled a choke artist. According to these meatheads, there are 15 choke artists this year and the rest of the goalies arent even good enough to make the playoffs. All hail Anti Niemmi!! Rask posted the best GAA, save percentage, had a fantastic winning percentage despite the offense basically going from first to worst and outduelled the vezina winner in the playoffs, I think the kid did just fine. If you have labeled him a choke artist you are ignorant or have some other agenda, its that simple.
    Posted by MDsizzle

Yea & if I guess when you don't win the Vezina, Jennings & Rozer Crozier every year you're a bum & become expendible too right! Goes both ways Siz. Everybody has an excuse for Rask! Injuries to this player & that player. Well last season Krej, Kessel, Hnidy, Chara & one guy had kidney stones removed the day before Game 7. However, no one cuts TT the slack do they! DOUBLE STANDARDS!!!

Sections
Shortcuts