Linda Ruff

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Linda Ruff

Ruff was whining about the boarding penalty during the post game conference and walked off the podium in tears.  I would agree BUT they made the same call on Lucic earlier in the game.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Re: Linda Ruff

Frustration with the lack of consistancy in the officiating is nothing new. I happen to agree with him to a point. I saw a lot of the clutch and grab that was let go, as well as a Buffalo player advancing the puck with his hand in the OT that was missed. I think he was more P.O.'d over the term "Blown Lead". He's right in that respect. The Sabres didn't blow the lead. They didn't sit back on their heels. They played hard but the Bruins staged a comeback and won it in OT.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

What a whiner...Buffalo had alot calls go their way....his teams is just soft and is nothing more than a great goalie

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

Bad calls both ways...Myers punched Wheeler in the face then Wheeler punches him back in the arm....Wheeler gets called but the penalty was negated because the Sabres scored thier first goal!

First OT the Sabre player (can't remember which one) shot the puck clear into the stands in the defensvie zone (automatic penalty) but the refs said it was defelcted.

The goalie interfearence call that lead to the the First B's goal was moderate and as mentioned above, both calls involving Lucic (1 for 1 against) were weak calls.

One thing for sure, THERE WERE TOO MANY MEN ON THE ICE and THAT ONE HAD TO BE CALLED!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

habs,

I bit harsh, Ruff may be taking the weight off his team by stagging these post conference melt downs...
    The too many men call is a BS call...if they actually called it by the book every team would be shorthanded the entire game...guys are coming off one end and going in another...I personally didnt like winning that way...if it has something to do with the play I can see it...BS call to me...glad we won...but the officials have been brutal for both sides...

PS...I would love Ruff as a coach...sure he has a top notch goalie...but he also has to play with very little...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

In Response to Re: Linda Ruff:
    habs, I bit harsh, Ruff may be taking the weight off his team by stagging these post conference melt downs... The too many men call is a BS call...if they actually called it by the book every team would be shorthanded the entire game...guys are coming off one end and going in another...I personally didnt like winning that way...if it has something to do with the play I can see it...BS call to me...glad we won...but the officials have been brutal for both sides... PS...I would love Ruff as a coach...sure he has a top notch goalie...but he also has to play with very little...
    Posted by shuperman

Did you watch the game there were four men in the zone then there were two players at the blueline staring at each other...the refs had no choice

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I know it's entertaining tv, but the NHL should not be forcing the losing coach to hold press conferences until they have at least had the chance to cool off.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I did watch the game...my point is on every single line change there are too many men on...sometimes worse than that and no call...the fact this is OT and the playoffs makes me wanna win it the right way...
    I was not calling you out but its a playoff game...I am glad we are up 3-1 but would rather win the right way...not that it was the Bruins fault...I just don't like winning that way...had the shoe been on the other foot we would be screaming blue bloody murder...

Cheers man...one more until we get a crack at Pitt 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxx. Show mxx's posts

Question for Shuperman, how long or how far from the bench should six skaters be allowed on ice until a too many men on ice penalty is called?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

There is a grace period for players making line changes, as long as the puck doesn't touch the extra player.

In this case the Sabre came off the bench and joined the play, but NOBODY WAS GETTING OFF THE ICE.

BIG difference there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

anyway,
    not trying to start an argument...we all have our opinions...I personally didnt like it in an OT game...when you are watching the game friday think of me on every line change...to win/lose a game in OT on a too many men PIM is not the way I wanna win/lose...i am entitled to that opinion am I not?  Lord there was more clutching and grabbing than most WWE events and nothing was called in OT...The refs stink and are consistant at being bad...I watched th SJ/Col game 4 and it was a great game b/c they let everything go...they called the obvious and that was it...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivvak. Show kivvak's posts

Ruff has always been a whiner. When Buffalo made their cup run he pretty much told everyone at his press conferences that his team was going to take runs at the oppositions best players and eliminate them, then when Dallas started playing the same way in game 2 of the finals Ruff cried like a little girl. Th reason the bruins are winning this series is because the Sabres were caught looking past them while many of the Bruins players have elevated their games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

habs, I bit harsh, Ruff may be taking the weight off his team by stagging these post conference melt downs... The too many men call is a BS call...if they actually called it by the book every team would be shorthanded the entire game...guys are coming off one end and going in another...I personally didnt like winning that way...if it has something to do with the play I can see it...BS call to me...glad we won...but the officials have been brutal for both sides... PS...I would love Ruff as a coach...sure he has a top notch goalie...but he also has to play with very little...
    Posted by shuperman

It is a bogus penalty, however in Buffalo's case last night Stafford did not head to the bench (as most do), he turned and continued to play.  It had to be called.  If Stafford was going to the bench and got off, then sure, fine, no call, but Stafford clearly turned away from the bench and carried on in the play.  6 men on the ice, penalty.

Besides, Buffalo had its power play chance in the first overtime.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins09. Show bruins09's posts

anyway, not trying to start an argument...we all have our opinions...I personally didnt like it in an OT game...when you are watching the game friday think of me on every line change...to win/lose a game in OT on a too many men PIM is not the way I wanna win/lose...i am entitled to that opinion am I not?  Lord there was more clutching and grabbing than most WWE events and nothing was called in OT...The refs stink and are consistant at being bad...I watched th SJ/Col game 4 and it was a great game b/c they let everything go...they called the obvious and that was it...
    Posted by shuperman

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins09. Show bruins09's posts

anyway, not trying to start an argument...we all have our opinions...I personally didnt like it in an OT game...when you are watching the game friday think of me on every line change...to win/lose a game in OT on a too many men PIM is not the way I wanna win/lose...i am entitled to that opinion am I not?  Lord there was more clutching and grabbing than most WWE events and nothing was called in OT...The refs stink and are consistant at being bad...I watched th SJ/Col game 4 and it was a great game b/c they let everything go...they called the obvious and that was it...
    Posted by shuperman

Buffalo aslo had a power play in OT and they blew it.  If they would have scored on that how would you have felt?  Probably the same way right?  So you have a choice, support the team that took advantage of the poor officiating, either way it evens out. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Posted by shuperman

No no no , that too many men call was way obvious.  Come on, you can't skate 15-20 feet from the bench and not get called for that, get serious.  5-10 feet, yes, that happens all the time, but not as far out as that guy was.  5-10 feet does not effect the play, when you as far out as the Sabre was last night he's in the field of vision of everyone on the ice and that actually effects play because everyone sees him, even though they know someone will come off, they will wonder who.  That too many men call is a MSUT call.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

Bergy got called for a trip, which I had problem with and that was cleary two many men

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

Lindy Ruff eats dog shi t. Seriously, I've seen him following dogs around at the park with a knife and fork. Pay no attention to anything this dope has to say.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I am glad we won...was it a penalty...sure it was...but its  a call that is not made enough for me to digest it properly...had buffalo scored I would have felt the same way...I don't like when officials take away from the players on the ice that played their hearts out...both sides deserevd better...and I would have rather ended that game with a good 5 on 5 goal...it wasnt a bad hockey play that caused the penalty...a trip/slash or something that is worthy of a penalty is different than this...I would have hated if it had been a puck over the glass call as well but too many men is the weakest call in the game...

Anyway, its a dead issue...I just didnt like it...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Costas-V. Show Costas-V's posts

I posted this in another discussion also, but here we go again....

Ruff is still upset about the whooping Neely gave him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDt8pgmsfV0

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

You've got to call too many men on the ice...otherwise what is the point of the rule?  It wasn't just an improper line change.  Stafford was engaged with the play, his back was turned from the bench, and a Bruin winger was in his vicinity which he was defending.  That's part of the game - if you feel it's a cheap, unfair penalty that shouldn't play into OT in the Cup playoffs, too bad.  Mental mistakes should count as much as physical.

The other calls may have been marginal - McCormick still bumped into Rask even though Sturm really took Rask out.  Maybe shouldn't have been a call, but it happens, deal with it.  Both boarding calls were BS.  Ruff just likes to complain and cry about everything that doesn't go his way.  They had plenty of chances to bury Boston and didn't.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I saw a lot of the clutch and grab that was let go
    Posted by BruWingFan

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who saw that.  Apparently, intereference was not a penalty last night.  At least it was allowed consistantly.  I don't think that I have seen that much interference let go since before the lockout.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

I feel his pain because it was a garbage call but it still doesn't balance all the calls that went his way in this series. Bottom line is that the refs are killing this great game. Ruff came close to blowing a gasket and taking a major fine which is what one of these coaches has to do some day. The refs have a tough job but never seem to be held accountable. The guy had a bad angle on that play and blew the call -- another ref with a better look should be able to convene and change the call to interference on the player who caused the goalie contact.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

This was not a bogus call!

When there are 6 forward position players on the ice, plus the goalie, who are actively taking part in the play... THAT'S TOO MANY MEN ON THE ICE! Cut and dried! No one was trying to get to the bench, no one was even remotely indicating that they were heading towards the bench. All 6 were watching the play. Staffiord came off the bench early, and the player he was supposed to replace continued to follow the play. Instead of jumping back off the ice, he continued on with the play. That brain cramp on his part led to the penalty and we scored on the ensuing PP. Oh well, that's hockey. 

I don't see how the heck anyone can say this shouldn't have been called. I suppose had Buffalo scored with the extra man on the ice the goal should have counted? Give me a break!