Lines when Savard gets back.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Lines when Savard gets back.

How about these proposed lines.

Lucic, Savard, Bergeron
    Wheeler, Krecji, Ryder
    Marchand, Sobotka,Paille
    Bitz, Begin, Thornton

Sturm and Recchi in the press box or sailing away in the Atlantic ocean.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

Re: Lines when Savard gets back.

go with same as last yr   sav luc sturm(take kes spot)   krejci ryder wheels bgry recci paille(taking koby spot)  thorts bitz begin (takin axe, ylle spots)  remember wheels was a heathy scratch in playoff  see how it goes for 10 games make desicion after 1o games

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

It's not complicated, we have two  holes:

One on the first line : Lucic-Savard-??
               second line : Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder
    One on the third line : Sturm-Bergeron-??
               fourth line : Bitz-Bégin-Thornton (with Paillé and Sobotka)

Problem is : Sturm has proven not good enough to be on the first line
                    Recchi has proven not good enough to be on the team

So ??  I really think PC must get an elite player to play with Savard on the first line....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Great post Remi someone has finally seen that Recchi and Sturm aren't providing what there supposed to.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JefffromMaine. Show JefffromMaine's posts

In Response to Re: Lines when Savard gets back.:
    It's not complicated, we have two  holes: One on the first line : Lucic-Savard-??            second line : Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder One on the third line : Sturm-Bergeron-??            fourth line : Bitz-Bégin-Thornton (with Paillé and Sobotka) Problem is : Sturm has proven not good enough to be on the first line                 Recchi has proven not good enough to be on the team So ??  I really think PC must get an elite player to play with Savard on the first line....
    Posted by Remi72

Makes no sense.  So, you feel that we have a hole on the 3rd line?

WOW!

Daniel Paille has scored a couple goals, picked up a few assists, finishes every check, has been our best PK forward hands down.

Wow.  That doesnt sound like a 3rd line guy  at all.

Does this team have holes?  Yup, it does, as does every team.

Later

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

Lucic     Savard     Brunnstrom

Wheeler   Krejci    Ryder

Sturm    Bergeron   Bitz

Paille   Begin   Thornton

Chara   Morris

Ference  Boychuk

Stuart    Hunwick

Trade Wideman to Dallas for Fabian Brunnstrom, lets see if Savard cant rekindle his scoring touch, what this also does is clear cap room for Kovalchuk or Neidemeyer at the trade dealine if we can get either of them

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

I should have explained this :

We have a hole based on the fact we were so proud of saying last season that our three first lines could score alot of goals, could represent offensive threat.

To keep saying that, Paillé is not the guy we need on the third. And, you must admit that it would be a waste to give Bergy a winger like Paillé. Allready, when he played with Recchi or Marchand, Bergeron did great plays that didn't result in goals, because of the lack of offensive skills of his wingers. Bergy would have more points this young season if he had been paired with good players.

That being said, I totally acknowledge that Paillé has a role to play in the club, because of his grit and ability on penalty killing...he can score a few goals here and there too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

What is it with you people? Krejci is not a better center than Bergeron. Period.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I should have explained this : We have a hole based on the fact we were so proud of saying last season that our three first lines could score alot of goals, could represent offensive threat. To keep saying that, Paillé is not the guy we need on the third. And, you must admit that it would be a waste to give Bergy a winger like Paillé. Allready, when he played with Recchi or Marchand, Bergeron did great plays that didn't result in goals, because of the lack of offensive skills of his wingers. Bergy would have more points this young season if he had been paired with good players. That being said, I totally acknowledge that Paillé has a role to play in the club, because of his grit and ability on penalty killing...he can score a few goals here and there too.
    Posted by Remi72

Agreed on Paille but I think you're giving too much credit to Bergy.  Yeah-he's been our best player but if put in perspective:  he is 81st in the league in scoring.  Find someone with skills to play with him.  Give Paille and others a shot, give Bergy a chance to play with Savy.  Let's see what works and stick with it.  I like how CJ is giving  the Wheels/Krejci/Ryder line an extended look again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

In Response to Lines when Savard gets back.:
    How about these proposed lines. Lucic, Savard, Bergeron Wheeler, Krecji, Ryder Marchand, Sobotka,Paille Bitz, Begin, Thornton Sturm and Recchi in the press box or sailing away in the Atlantic ocean.
    Posted by woodtick7

Sounds good to me

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE77. Show POWERSURGE77's posts

Wheeler - Savard - Sturm
    Lucic - Krecj - Ryder
    Paille - Bergeron - Recchi

Bitz - Begin - Thornton

I Think Lucic will wake up Ryder for his physical play, and Wheeler has had a decent start to get on the first line.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjd. Show emjd's posts

First: 9/23/2008
    Last: 11/17/2009
    What is it with you people? Krejci is not a better center than Bergeron. Period.

Thank you. I was starting to think I was the only seeing that. Bergy has a higher point per game average than Krejci!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jenken14. Show jenken14's posts

I say put Thornton in the press box and make the lines like this.

Lucic-Savard-bergy
      Wheeler-krejci-Ryder
      Sturm-Sobotka-Recci
      Bitz-Begin-Paille

Play Thornton when we play the more physical teams.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ignaceontario. Show ignaceontario's posts

how bout giving bitz a shot with lucic and savvy

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Do you people realize that Bergeron is a center, not a winger?  Any of these combination suggestions with Bergeron on RW can simply be dismissed out of hand...  they will NEVER put him on wing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Lucic Savard Recchi (until replaced)
    Wheeler Krejci Ryder
    Sturm Bergeron Paille
    Bitz Begin Thornton

I do like the idea of a Lucic/Bergeron/Bitz line though. Pretty intriguing.
    ...and why does it seem like Lucic and Savard together just isn't right?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Wasn't Bergeron originally going to be their second line center before he got hurt?Ryder would be my choice to see if you can't get him going.The way Krejci has played he shouldn't be projected ahead of Bergeron.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Wasn't Bergeron originally going to be their second line center before he got hurt?Ryder would be my choice to see if you can't get him going.The way Krejci has played he shouldn't be projected ahead of Bergeron.
    Posted by john6345

I think Bergeron is the 2nd center too, but isn't it all relative?
    I just wouldn't break up the Wheels/DK/Ryder line. Whether that makes them the 3rd line or 2nd doesn't mean much.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Marco Sturm--Mark Savard--Mark Recchi                    
                          Blake Wheeler--David Krejci--Michael Ryder                     
                           Milan Lucic-Patrice Bergeron-Byron Bitz
                          Shawn Thornton-Steve Begin-Danny Paille

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Looking for some balance with strong skaters, vision, energy and goal scorers on each line. Ideally, we'd have:

Lucic – Savard - TBA trade
    Sturm – Bergeron - Paille
    Wheeler – Krejci - Ryder

Thornton – Begin - Bitz

Until then...

Lucic – Savard - Paille
    Sturm – Bergeron - Bitz
    Wheeler – Krejci - Ryder
    Thornton – Begin - Recchi

Eventually find somene with a little better scoring touch on RW for the top line, move Paille back to 2nd line and Bitz back to the energy line. Have a nice retirement party for Recchi.

Unfortunately, not much out there in terms of rent-a-RW players heading into FA:

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/freeagents.php?team=none&pos=R&summer=2010&status=none&type=capnumber

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

lucic-bergeron-bitz  sturm-savard-ryder  paille-krecji-wheeler  begin-sobotka-thornton   dont like off wings  keep lefties on leftwing  righties on rightwing   bergeron line-big bangers defensive sound with offensive potential  savard line-good quick shots to feed off savards passes  krecji line-give paille a chance to use his speed with some offensive players & a must keeping krecji & wheeler together  sobotka line-energy line with offensive pressure  did i forget anyone?  i dont think so! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

In Response to Re: Lines when Savard gets back. : Makes no sense.  So, you feel that we have a hole on the 3rd line? WOW! Daniel Paille has scored a couple goals, picked up a few assists, finishes every check, has been our best PK forward hands down. Wow.  That doesnt sound like a 3rd line guy  at all. Does this team have holes?  Yup, it does, as does every team. Later
    Posted by JefffromMaine

Your love affair with Paille is comical. He has been a decent penalty killer and nothing more. He is terrible with the puck, lacks hockey sense, and doesn't "finish every check" (although that doesn't mean he doesnt hit at all).

He is a weak third liner and is half of PJ Axelsson.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

This same post was made yesterday and someone brought up a pretty good point in that thread. It brought up the fact that we are running into a similar (albiet not quite as profound) an issue as the Pittsburgh Penguins. They have an embarassing amount of talent at the center position, so much so that Jordan Staal is their 3rd line center. I suggest that the B's follow their lead and put Bergy back at the 3rd line and hope he makes his linemates their a solid 2-way group. I submit the following line-up:
    Lucic-Savard-Ryder
    Wheeler-Krejci-Sturm
    Paille-Bergeron-Bitz/Recchi
    Begin-Sobotka-Recchi/Bitz/Thornton

I definitely disagree with those that suggest that Krejci is not in the same league as Bergy. Love them both, but their games are different. Equal but different, as witnessed by them both topping out at 73 points.
    Go B's!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

lucic bitz krejci    savard wheeler recchi   bergeron ryder sturm  paille thort bitz

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

Lucic Savard Sobotka (a plug until they can acquire a scorer)
    Wheeler Krecji Ryder
    Sturm Bergeron Recchi 
    Paille Begin Bitz Thorton (rotation)

Sections
Shortcuts