LOL BRUINS GIVE KESSEL AWAY TO TORONTO!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 640Toronto. Show 640Toronto's posts

LOL BRUINS GIVE KESSEL AWAY TO TORONTO!!!

This is why the Bruins are the Bruins!

Sources tell TSN the Toronto Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins have reached an agreement on a trade that will deliver Phil Kessel to the Leafs.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=291601

Typical Bruins on the verge of making typical Bruins mistake.

Speed is the name of the game in the new NHL so is scoring. What this means to the Bruins? Trade a 21 year old on the verge of being a 40-45 a year goal scorer and your fastest skater on the team.

Phil Kessel is freaking 21 YEARS OLD. He has beaten testicular cancer, Mono, & a torn rotator cuff and torn labrum in his shoulder and he still managed to be on a 55 goal pace last season until his mono bout sidelined him.

They say Phil has some maturity issues, WHO DOESNT AT 21?

If he goes to the Maple Leafs a division rival this will make the Bruins look all the worse.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Re: LOL BRUINS GIVE KESSEL AWAY TO TORONTO!!!

maybe, but the B's are counting on the Leafs being the Leafs:  stinking up the league so those #1 picks will be studs.  BTW- how did that Raycroft deal work out for you guys???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from looch65. Show looch65's posts

stinger the only #1 picks that are "studs" are usually in the #1-3 picks in the first round! the rest take years to develop

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big-Bad-Bruins91. Show Big-Bad-Bruins91's posts

1) The Bruins locker room is back to an even amount of testicles.

2) Kessel's productivity will drop off the face of the earth without Savard.

3) Yeah, the Bruins are the Bruins. Eastern Conference Winners, Northeast Division Winners, and many critics pick to win it all this year. Where as the maple leafs...well...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In Response to Re: LOL BRUINS GIVE KESSEL AWAY TO TORONTO!!!:
    stinger the only #1 picks that are "studs" are usually in the #1-3 picks in the first round! the rest take years to develop
    Posted by looch65

Agreed- i'm counting on the Leafs to remain toilet dwellers.  Picks could be anywhere from 1-15.  If they take a couple of years, our cap situation will be more managable by that time and we'll need some replacements...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Where in the article does it say what the Bruins will receive from the Leafs???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from looch65. Show looch65's posts

In Response to Re: LOL BRUINS GIVE KESSEL AWAY TO TORONTO!!! : Agreed- i'm counting on the Leafs to remain toilet dwellers.  Picks could be anywhere from 1-15.  If they take a couple of years, our cap situation will be more managable by that time and we'll need some replacements...
    Posted by stingerjp

You dont give away your fastest and highest goal scorer for a couple of maybe pics in the next couple of years, its d u m b

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsportsfan2217. Show bostonsportsfan2217's posts

PC should trade him to nsh its a better deal anyway

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie2. Show Nolakanookie2's posts

It will be fun to see Kessel when he is fully heathy in 2010-11 score 45-55 goals for the Maple Leafs!

Why was chiarelli extended again? Oh yeah because the building was sold out again and the concessions were flying off the shelf...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from espnzone. Show espnzone's posts

EPIC FAIL by Chiarelli on this one

Look for the B's to fall back to the pack in the East this year and I would be surprised if they won more then a round this year

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

EPIC FAIL by Chiarelli on this one Look for the B's to fall back to the pack in the East this year and I would be surprised if they won more then a round this year
    Posted by espnzone

I read a bunch of your past posts and there is no way that you are a Bruins fan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic17. Show lucic17's posts

Damian Cox reports on Twitter that the Leafs get Kessel, 5 yrs, $27 million for two firsts and a second.

No confirmation on that yet.

http://twitter.com/DamoSpin

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic17. Show lucic17's posts

Done deal. Boston Bruins have traded their disgruntled sniper to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for a 1st and a 2nd round pick in 2010, and a 1st round pick in 2011.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=291601

Even if those picks are not of the lottery variety, they give the Bruins a lot of assets to make a splash at the tradedeadline and make a stronger run this year.

Kessel's goals are easily made up by committee.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

anyone complaining about phil going away is absolutely mentally retarded and should go watch the florida panthers. PHIL WAS NEVER COMING BACK. he was a selfish player who wanted the MONEYYYYYYY; krejci took a discount to stay here, phil didn't. phil is a selfish player who ranked worse than 150 in assists, and out of the top 25 goal scorers, he had the lowest % of goals scored against teams with winning percentages. anyone that is claiming we will 'miss' phil is a stooge who hasn't been to training camp (wheeler playing RW, with an extra 15 lbs), and a full year of rechhi. kessel is good if you're the islanders, other than that, he is a joke. 
    Posted by bruins9186dc

Couldn't agree with you more.  And for the people wishing he was traded to Nashville, Kessel didn't want to play there, and wouldn't go through a sign and trade to go to the Predators.  I can't wait to see somebody (maybe Lucic, Begin, or Bitz) just absolutely destroy Kessel this year.  Not the greatest deal, but are team is still the best in the East.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dinami. Show dinami's posts

Phil can take his ball and play in Toronto land....Who will set him up in Toronto..Graballski..Who will go in the corners to feed him the puck...

After 2 years of playing and being cuddled-developed by the bruins the prima madonna demands an excess of 5 million a year and breaks off talks...See ya Phil..cant wait till you are on the receiving end of a Lucic special....just ask Komisarek how it feels to be run over and handed you assoceles triangle on a platter..

By the way Phil who has a better chance at the Cup in the next 2 years..the Bruins or the Leafs..enjoy your coin Phil....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I was going to ask earlier how long it would take leafs fans to make accounts on here to trash talk.  Looks like the winner would have been "5 seconds".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Have fun getting you a $$ beat up 6 times a year against the Bruins this year Kessel. Good luck scoring 15 goals this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins9186dc. Show bruins9186dc's posts

who has had more 'big time' (playoffs) goals, bitz or kessel.....

BITZ

kessel is great at pulling his stupid deke move against bad d's; but he can't do it when he counts. i'm telling you, without savvy, he'll falter. yeah, he may get 40 goals; but show me some numbers that matter. byron bitz had more BIG playoff goals than kessel ever had. and for all you people crying over phil, shut up and educate yourself. we need to bring back luc, savard (you know, that guy that made phil into a semi-star), and rask next year. one of the reasons the b's faltered last year is because at the trade deadline they didnt have enough money to pull the deal for pronger - we were stuck with montador instead. we now have 2.2 mil to mess around with; i like it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Toronto just guaranteed they will be bad for another 5 years. They just tied up 10% of their money on the kessel prima donna.  I hope he enjoys showering with komisarek after each of their 60 losses. 

Good riddance! 

The B's just set them up to be good for many years with these picks. Hopefully they can use them as trade material also.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Is there any possibility that what Dupont said in today's Globe is true, and maybe the Bruins will turn one of those 1st rounders into a player who can make a difference this season?  I wouldn't be suprised.  The Bruins almost made it to the Conference Finals last year, they're definitely a team that can win it all now, and could use all the help they can get.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

who has had more 'big time' (playoffs) goals, bitz or kessel..... BITZ kessel is great at pulling his stupid deke move against bad d's; but he can't do it when he counts. i'm telling you, without savvy, he'll falter. yeah, he may get 40 goals; but show me some numbers that matter. byron bitz had more BIG playoff goals than kessel ever had. and for all you people crying over phil, shut up and educate yourself. we need to bring back luc, savard (you know, that guy that made phil into a semi-star), and rask next year. one of the reasons the b's faltered last year is because at the trade deadline they didnt have enough money to pull the deal for pronger - we were stuck with montador instead. we now have 2.2 mil to mess around with; i like it.
    Posted by bruins9186dc

I thought I was the only person that noticed Kessel only has ONE move: the stupid toe drag along the boards (which never works), because the defense knows it's coming. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from littlejack. Show littlejack's posts

For just draft picks? Are you serious?

Notice the sheep already turning on Kessel with thier "good riddance" garbage. Seems to me you were loving him when he was battling cancer at age 20 to come back and score 36 goals for you!

Horrendous trade.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsYear. Show BruinsYear's posts

The fact that he got marc savard money after 1 good year is a joke,Toronto is CRAZY.

He is far from being a proven sniper,lets see how he does now that he has his payday and no savard.

Savard will score 20 and get 60-70 assists and be a +15  for 5 mill

Kessel will score 25-30 get 20 assists and be a -20 in toronto for 5 mill

Good move PC

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

Here's, hoping Phil does like the Leafs always do... FALLS (Flat on his face that is).

I for one hope that every time a Bruins player sees him touch the puck they put him on his azz....   He needs to be treated like the little sissy he is...

I am glad that he got his $27mil.... hopefully it will be his last mega-contract because the REST of the league will realize that he NEEDS someone to set him up.. and he will be worthless.

Toronto?....  WOW, and I thought Mr Kessell liked the game of Hockey- not girls field hockey.   EYYYY

Sections
Shortcuts