LOL BRUINS GIVE KESSEL AWAY TO TORONTO!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurnpikeDave. Show TurnpikeDave's posts

Re: LOL BRUINS GIVE KESSEL AWAY TO TORONTO!!!

What a lousy trade, the original deal had Kaberle in it and now we have some hit or miss picks that we have to cross our fingers that develop in 3 or 4 years to make the big club.

Why did Boston draft him #5 overall in 2006 just to dump him? Who is to say we dont just dump (again) whoever we pick with these future #1's? Seems whenever the Bruins get a high pick and that high pick performs he isn't around long before he is traded.

Around and around we go...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins9186dc. Show bruins9186dc's posts

In Response to Re: LOL BRUINS GIVE KESSEL AWAY TO TORONTO!!!:
    [QUOTE]For just draft picks? Are you serious? Notice the sheep already turning on Kessel with thier "good riddance" garbage. Seems to me you were loving him when he was battling cancer at age 20 to come back and score 36 goals for you! Horrendous trade.
    Posted by littlejack[/QUOTE]

you are an idiot. i can't even waste more time replying to you. you're that stupid.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]For just draft picks? Are you serious? Notice the sheep already turning on Kessel with thier "good riddance" garbage. Seems to me you were loving him when he was battling cancer at age 20 to come back and score 36 goals for you! Horrendous trade.
    Posted by littlejack[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you're a Leafs fan, good luck with Kessel.  Sure, him coming back from cancer is a touching story, but he's always been a selfish player.  Just look at the 2008-2009 playoffs, when he whined about not getting enough playing time, even when he was playing like shite.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurnpikeDave. Show TurnpikeDave's posts

[QUOTE]The fact that he got marc savard money after 1 good year is a joke,Toronto is CRAZY. He is far from being a proven sniper,lets see how he does now that he has his payday and no savard. Savard will score 20 and get 60-70 assists and be a +15  for 5 mill Kessel will score 25-30 get 20 assists and be a -20 in toronto for 5 mill Good move PC
    Posted by BruinsYear[/QUOTE]

Ah I wouldn't call Brian Burke crazy... he is one of the best in the buisness for a reason... he has the ring to prove it. Sorry but i have ALOT more faith in Burke then with PC at the moment

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins9186dc. Show bruins9186dc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL BRUINS GIVE KESSEL AWAY TO TORONTO!!! : I thought I was the only person that noticed Kessel only has ONE move: the stupid toe drag along the boards (which never works), because the defense knows it's coming. 
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]

completely man. kessel is awesome against horrendous defenses, but against a team that knows their stuff; he makes his move - loses the puck in the corner. i don't understand why people are so upset over phil leaving......oh wait, they look at the stat sheets and don't watch the actual games.

seriously, sturm, wheeler, recchi and bitz will make up for the slack.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurnpikeDave. Show TurnpikeDave's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL BRUINS GIVE KESSEL AWAY TO TORONTO!!! : I'm guessing you're a Leafs fan, good luck with Kessel.  Sure, him coming back from cancer is a touching story, but he's always been a selfish player.  Just look at the 2008-2009 playoffs, when he whined about not getting enough playing time, even when he was playing like shite.
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]

Do you just make stuff up? When did kessel "whine" in the playoffs about not getting ice time? Are the voices in your head telling you this? How is he selfish? Examples please...

Lets all stop making up excuses and justifying the trade in our heads.. Lets use actual facts and quite the blind pom pom waving

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsYear. Show BruinsYear's posts

[QUOTE]What a lousy trade, the original deal had Kaberle in it and now we have some hit or miss picks that we have to cross our fingers that develop in 3 or 4 years to make the big club. Why did Boston draft him #5 overall in 2006 just to dump him? Who is to say we dont just dump (again) whoever we pick with these future #1's? Seems whenever the Bruins get a high pick and that high pick performs he isn't around long before he is traded. Around and around we go...
    Posted by TurnpikeDave[/QUOTE]

Ummm we didnt have/know Lucic,Wheeler and Kreji were going to be this good now did we...we DO NOT NEED KESSEL AND HIS 5 MILLION $ DEMAND we need to RE-SIGN TEAM PLAYERS next year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]What a lousy trade, the original deal had Kaberle in it and now we have some hit or miss picks that we have to cross our fingers that develop in 3 or 4 years to make the big club. Why did Boston draft him #5 overall in 2006 just to dump him? Who is to say we dont just dump (again) whoever we pick with these future #1's? Seems whenever the Bruins get a high pick and that high pick performs he isn't around long before he is traded. Around and around we go...

This is a horrible post. 

1) How were the Bruins supposed to know, when they drafted Kessel, that he would be demanding 5 million after just two years?
    2) The Kaberle deal never went through because there was miscommunication between the GM's.  Burke thought the Bruins were also throwing in a draft pick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andytibb. Show andytibb's posts

Kessel making almost 6 million a year is ridiculous. The Krejci deal now looks amazing.

He won't even be playing until January because of his surgery. Who is going to feed him pucks in Toronto? Matt Stajan? Jason Allison?

Hell of a deal for Boston considering the obnoxious amount of money he wanted.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL BRUINS GIVE KESSEL AWAY TO TORONTO!!! : Do you just make stuff up? When did kessel "whine" in the playoffs about not getting ice time? Are the voices in your head telling you this? How is he selfish? Examples please... Lets all stop making up excuses and justifying the trade in our heads.. Lets use actual facts and quite the blind pom pom waving

You need to get your facts straight, "TurnpikeDave".  How is Kessel selfish?  Are you kidding me?  The guy is asking for 5 million after just two years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsYear. Show BruinsYear's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL BRUINS GIVE KESSEL AWAY TO TORONTO!!! : Ah I wouldn't call Brian Burke crazy... he is one of the best in the buisness for a reason... he has the ring to prove it. Sorry but i have ALOT more faith in Burke then with PC at the moment

Like I said we will see how the golden boy does this year. PC has built a great young team in boston.

As for his ring... Burke gets a lot of credit for an anaheim cup winner that was largely built by his predecessor....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Typical moronic Maple Lafs fan !  When was the last time your team has done something ?
    or should I say,  This is why the Leafs are the Leafs

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coyotesfft. Show coyotesfft's posts

Pros -I've liked Kessel since he'd played at the University of Minn. I was thrilled when the Bruins drafted him. I liked how he came back after treatment for cancer. I love his speed. He has a 3rd gear that few other players have. He really worked hard on his shooting since becoming a Bruin and he now has a very quick release.

Cons - I would chuckle waching Phil trying to check someone. Phil is so light that he usually bounces or falls down in the attempt. He drove me crazy with his lack of defensive skills. How about learning another move or two.

Neutral - He wanted the big money and was unwilling to take the hometown discount knowing that a team would step up with an offer. As a Bruins fans that stinks, but on a personal level I can't blame Phil. I certainly would not turn down that kind of money, especially since Phil has been a little fragile, so who knows how long his carrer will be.

Verdict - The writing has been on the wall for a long while now. PC was dragging things out to see if a bidding war would develope. It didn't happen. This is a classic salary cap situation that is similar to what happened with Matt Cassell. It's going to be very interesting since it's a divisional trade. I can't wait to see those games.

Conclusion - Phil was a good player for the Bruins. I sincerely want to wish Kessel the best of luck, except when he's playing against the Bruins.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

The last time I remember is what have the leafs done in the past years? NOTHING!!!! They got a guy that can score goals that doesnt play D. Oh and they got wussy Mike Komisarsuck

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bruins fans should relax....who the heck will Kessel play with?  They have no one to get him the puck and he isnt a one man show...he will never be the go to guy b/c he has zero heart....ZERO HEART....he is gonna get his 25 goals a year but he will get booed outta the building when he starts to float in Toronto...

Toronto has a nice def but has no fwds...NO Fwds...they have the worst collection of fwds in the league...and Kessel will have no one to play with...the Leafs picks are gonna be huge in a year...and as a Bruin fan we must think outside the box a little bit...they will be one of the top 4 teams come trade deadline and will be able to flip a #1 pick to land someone like Kovalchuk...

The one thing that does burn my potatoes is that they would give Ryder 5 mil/per and not think about the players coming up for free agency...I would much rather have Kessel over Ryder...not smart on C's part...

The Bruins will continue to have numerous guys chip in with goals...this team will be good and has the picks to add a top line fwd near the deadline

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

I said   i saw kess in a toronto uniform, and he's gone.
    I said kess would be dealt before next mid-week , he is already gone.

Write this down , u anti-kess scumbags
    bruins do not get passed first round next yr. and the yr after that,
    julien lasts another 2 seasons at most
    PC a pure dumb bozo, totally lost all of my respect and credibilty
    these two clowns will neevr win a cup and although kess is gone , he will be in the nhl for many yrs,
    PC and big dumb puppy face julien will not last more then 3 yrs , 3 for opc and 2 for julien, and they will be out of nhl permanently
    Burke u have won this one hands down, if i were u i would sent a thank you note evry PC birthday for the rest of his brainless stricken life.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddle. Show puddle's posts

Same old Bruins   player gets good wants money...hes gone. You win with speed and talent in this league...we just lost a bit of both. The draft picks mean little...if those players are quality ones, they too will be dished off for more "muckers and grinders".....same since 1972

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Re: I'm heading for The Bronx for 9-26-09 Saturday Game

In Response to I'm heading for The Bronx for 9-26-09 Saturday Game:
    [QUOTE]OK folks.  I'm going to the big ballyard in the Bronx for Sox/Yanks next Saturday.  I want to get out alive.  So, what Sox gear do I wear?  If the weather is cool, I can go with the Sox mock turtleneck under the Sox polo and Sox cap.  Is that too much?  If it is warm, I can just go with the polo.  Or should I bust out the Ortiz jersey?  It is a World Series 2004 jersey so it is out of date.  Keep in mind that I spent my childhood going to Yankee games so I can protect myself.  Please let me know what to do!
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]
    i have been going to Red Sox games wearing Red Sox jerseys at yankee stadium since early 80's.   still here !

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruhaha17. Show bruhaha17's posts

Here we go again with the ...same old Bruins, Jacobs is a goat, all about concessions money hogwash.

There simply was no good viable option to pay Kessel 5 million/yr over 5 yrs without dismantling the team this year and creating worse problems next yr when trying to sign Savard, etc and stay within the cap.

Wake up- we are not the only team to face cap issues and have to make a trade.

PC has done a pretty solid job. Has everything gone perfectly? No ...ie Bochenski. Is there a GM in the league that has done everything perfectly? NO. Last I checked, since PC and CJ took the reigns we climbed up the ladder and won the eastern conference last season. Not bad for a team that was picked to finish last by some. Lord Stanley doesnt come easily but we are a helluva lot closer than we were before PC/CJ.

It was not a stupid trade. With the picks from the Leafs the B's will be in a strong position to trade picks with another team and finesse a high first rounder, or utilize a pick to make a deadline move, etc.

There were rumors about a 3 way deal w/ the B's getting Dubinsky. I wasnt sure how this, or any other trade for a moderately proven player, could occur and still stay w/in the cap. Suppose PC may not be done here but again, in order to get an immediate first or second line skill player they would have to hand over some of todays acquired picks and ditch a player to create salary room. Just not enough room under the cap to sign someone like that. Also pretty clear that Kessel was not going to agree to any contract with Nashville ...cannot blame him there!

Now they sit 1.5 or so under with some leverage in hand to make later season moves or pick up a top 10 draft pick via draft shuffling...looking at 05-08 drafts anything out of the top ten is far from a sure bet to be stud down the line.

The calculated risk is whether Sturm comes back strong, Bergy returns to his old self and the young guys (wheeler, sobotka, bitz, marchard etc) have a solid yr.
    Kessel is good offensive player and will score quite a few but I dont disagree that it didnt hurt to be on the right side of Savvy! It will just have to be someone else that he serves a golden platter to this season. Can we win the Cup ... bet ya our odds are a whole lot better than they were 2 seasons ago. I also bet plenty of folks in Detroit thought it was theirs for the taking last season ...not so easy even with lots of big name players. Hey and think of all the times our D has seen the PK toe drag in practice ...and we should find out what the guys really thought of him when the B's play the Leafs the first time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins fans should relax....who the heck will Kessel play with?  They have no one to get him the puck and he isnt a one man show...he will never be the go to guy b/c he has zero heart....ZERO HEART....he is gonna get his 25 goals a year but he will get booed outta the building when he starts to float in Toronto... Toronto has a nice def but has no fwds...NO Fwds...they have the worst collection of fwds in the league...and Kessel will have no one to play with...the Leafs picks are gonna be huge in a year...and as a Bruin fan we must think outside the box a little bit...they will be one of the top 4 teams come trade deadline and will be able to flip a #1 pick to land someone like Kovalchuk... The one thing that does burn my potatoes is that they would give Ryder 5 mil/per and not think about the players coming up for free agency...I would much rather have Kessel over Ryder...not smart on C's part... The Bruins will continue to have numerous guys chip in with goals...this team will be good and has the picks to add a top line fwd near the deadline
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I believe Ryder is making 4m/yr not 5m

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 26point2. Show 26point2's posts

i love this deal.
    it sets toronto much farther back in terms of getting closer to the cup than the bruins for sure. the bruins now have multiple 1st rd picks for the next several years. the odds are now much greater that they will land 1 if not 2 skaters who will contribute to the team right away. this is a great move for a guy who was just looking for the cash anyway....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins fans should relax....who the heck will Kessel play with?  They have no one to get him the puck and he isnt a one man show...he will never be the go to guy b/c he has zero heart....ZERO HEART....he is gonna get his 25 goals a year but he will get booed outta the building when he starts to float in Toronto... Toronto has a nice def but has no fwds...NO Fwds...they have the worst collection of fwds in the league...and Kessel will have no one to play with...the Leafs picks are gonna be huge in a year...and as a Bruin fan we must think outside the box a little bit...they will be one of the top 4 teams come trade deadline and will be able to flip a #1 pick to land someone like Kovalchuk... The one thing that does burn my potatoes is that they would give Ryder 5 mil/per and not think about the players coming up for free agency...I would much rather have Kessel over Ryder...not smart on C's part... The Bruins will continue to have numerous guys chip in with goals...this team will be good and has the picks to add a top line fwd near the deadline
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I just have one question - with only $1.7 Mil under the cap, how can the Bruins make a deadline deal next year? Wouldn't that put us over the cap? Am I missing something? (I probably am) 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddle. Show puddle's posts

Was PK "toe dragging" when he came back from cancer? "toe dragging" when he played with a  torn up shoulder?  Don't confuse talent with lack of "grit". The B's corner the market with "gritty" guys.   150-200 penalty minutes...6 goals, 22 assists..ya know...those kind of guys.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

So what have the leafs done since 1967? NOTHING!!!!