LOL BRUINS GIVE KESSEL AWAY TO TORONTO!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Booyah22. Show Booyah22's posts

Re: LOL BRUINS GIVE KESSEL AWAY TO TORONTO!!!

I have been a lifelong Bruins fan.  Met many of the past and present Bruins.  Watched in heartbreak as they lost in the finals in 88 and 90 as a young boy.  Watched them morph into a disaster by the late 90's.  Then the Thornton era...hope.  Then the team was ripped apart again.  Then Kessel came along.  Watching him play...a young kid morphing into a true superstar right before our eyes.  And PC trades him away right when he's on the brink of greatness.  I just threw out everything I owned with a Bruins logo on it.  I am done with them.  They will never win anything.  You don't trade a 21 year old who will have multiple 50 goal seasons.  Mark my words they will REGRET trading Kessel for many, many, many years to come.  I honest to god hate the Bruins organization more than I hate the Yankees now!  All of my Bruins fandom has turned to hatred.  Here we go Maple Leafs, Here we go!  I can't wait to wear my Kessel Leafs jersey to the Garden when the Leafs are shitstomping them this year.

- New Maple Leaf fan

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruhaha17. Show bruhaha17's posts

In Response to Re: LOL BRUINS GIVE KESSEL AWAY TO TORONTO!!!:
    [QUOTE]Was PK "toe dragging" when he came back from cancer? "toe dragging" when he played with a  torn up shoulder?  Don't confuse talent with lack of "grit". The B's corner the market with "gritty" guys.   150-200 penalty minutes...6 goals, 22 assists..ya know...those kind of guys.
    Posted by puddle[/QUOTE]

Actually I thought PK was fairly gritty in both his comeback from cancer and playing w/ an injured shoulder. Nothing against him in fact I liked watching him play...you have to admit though that there is a 90% chance you're gonna see a toe drag!

Also no "confusion" in these facts ...  the B's:  second in goals for, first in goals against, and own the vezina, the norris, jack adams, the #1 and 2 on the plus/minus ratings (krejci/wheeler),  10 players over 30 pts and 6 over 50 pts of which only one was named Kessel- 

Only 1 player and no way to keep him. Not unreasonable return. Still a contender.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruhaha17. Show bruhaha17's posts

[QUOTE]I have been a lifelong Bruins fan.  Met many of the past and present Bruins.  Watched in heartbreak as they lost in the finals in 88 and 90 as a young boy.  Watched them morph into a disaster by the late 90's.  Then the Thornton era...hope.  Then the team was ripped apart again.  Then Kessel came along.  Watching him play...a young kid morphing into a true superstar right before our eyes.  And PC trades him away right when he's on the brink of greatness.  I just threw out everything I owned with a Bruins logo on it.  I am done with them.  They will never win anything.  You don't trade a 21 year old who will have multiple 50 goal seasons.  Mark my words they will REGRET trading Kessel for many, many, many years to come.  I honest to god hate the Bruins organization more than I hate the Yankees now!  All of my Bruins fandom has turned to hatred.  Here we go Maple Leafs, Here we go!  I can't wait to wear my Kessel Leafs jersey to the Garden when the Leafs are shitstomping them this year. - New Maple Leaf fan
    Posted by Booyah22[/QUOTE]

3 questions:

1) when was the last time the Leafs brought home the good Lord Stanley?

2) What do you think the odds are the some poor fool in Pittsburgh is wearing a Hossa jersey?

3) What has Jumbo Joe done for the Sharks ...or EVER in the playoffs?

C'mon - hang in there and take the freakin jerseys out of the trash!

I bet plenty of Leafs fans are complaining that they just gave up their future.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

[QUOTE]1) The Bruins locker room is back to an even amount of testicles. 2) Kessel's productivity will drop off the face of the earth without Savard. 3) Yeah, the Bruins are the Bruins. Eastern Conference Winners, Northeast Division Winners, and many critics pick to win it all this year. Where as the maple leafs...well...
    Posted by Big-Bad-Bruins91[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Answer 1967

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhwynter. Show nhwynter's posts

I look at Toronto and I see a team without a bonifide #1 center. Montreal couldn't say Au Voir to him fast enough.  Stajan is a good two way center, but he's not a guy that likes to go into the corners.. Mitchell? A good grinder.. But not a lot of passing ability. 

So, who feeds Kessel the puck? Or are they planning on putting Kessel at center and moving Grabovski to the wing.  Either way its not a winning situation..

The Leafs have a good D and solid #1 goalie.  But they are missing a lot up front. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The Bruins will have the Leafs picks.  I see the leafs as potentially one of the worst teams in the year this year.  First round picks are good, but high first round picks are best.

I mean, come on, Jason Allison?  seriously.  did anybody watch the preseason games?  Komiserak? the guy is seriously in decline, he cheap shotted Lucic because he can't do it any other way.  Colton Orr?  Keith Preimo?  I will give them this, they will be enertaining, but not to Leafs fans.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I have been a lifelong Bruins fan.  Met many of the past and present Bruins.  Watched in heartbreak as they lost in the finals in 88 and 90 as a young boy.  Watched them morph into a disaster by the late 90's.  Then the Thornton era...hope.  Then the team was ripped apart again.  Then Kessel came along.  Watching him play...a young kid morphing into a true superstar right before our eyes.  And PC trades him away right when he's on the brink of greatness.  I just threw out everything I owned with a Bruins logo on it.  I am done with them.  They will never win anything.  You don't trade a 21 year old who will have multiple 50 goal seasons.  Mark my words they will REGRET trading Kessel for many, many, many years to come.  I honest to god hate the Bruins organization more than I hate the Yankees now!  All of my Bruins fandom has turned to hatred.  Here we go Maple Leafs, Here we go!  I can't wait to wear my Kessel Leafs jersey to the Garden when the Leafs are shitstomping them this year. - New Maple Leaf fan
    Posted by Booyah22[/QUOTE]

Hey good luck with that.  Jason Allison, Keith Priemo, Colton Orr and now Kessel, all former Bruins now with the Leafs.  I'm sure they will tear up the league, yah, good luck with that.  Did you see the Leafs preseason games?  Yah, have fun cheering for that.

If I was a Leafs fan, I would be none too happy with this deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FredFringer. Show FredFringer's posts

Like any deal including picks, it will probably be years down the road to see who actually won.  Kessel should be a 40-50 goal man - even with the Leafs - but he is definitely injury prone and often selfish (though this may change as he matures...) 
    No doubt he wasn't the best fit for the Bruins right now, but might have been better to move Sturm, Ryder or even Bergeron for salary dumps -- or at least get a proven player back?!?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

I hope PC has learned a lesson from all this & wont be hand tied down the road with other signing because of his salary cap blunders.....He certainly didnt leave the team in position to sign a young buddin superstar nor have alot of leverage towards trading him.....I would feel alot better if this happened prior to the 09 draft & we had a guaranteed 7th pick....If these picks get outa the top 10, Im not sure this was the road to travel  well anyways LETS GO B,s & hoping we can get in position with the cap where we dont get hand tied again & lose another core player from this young nucleus   lets start spending our $$$$ a lil,wiser PC & hope this spanking from your blunder isnt to harsh

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

A real laugh to see all the so called "fans" which in fact aren't really fans at all, love kessel and his 36 goals when he is a Bruin, say how tough Kessel is when he beats cancer and then turn on him and pile on him when he is not wearing your team colors anymore...

Bottom line Chiarelli made too many salary cap blunders too allow kessel to be resigned.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

More likely PC knew early on he had little or no chance of signing Kessel. Why else would he try trade Kessel at the draft? As for the return on Kessel, it was the best he could do as Kessel held all the cards. The B's could not trade him to any team unless there were assurances Kessel would sign there. Would you support a trade where he B's gave up a player and picks for the rights to an unsigned player who could sign an offer sheet with 29 other NHL teams? We're not talking about a player who is in the upper echelon of the league's best players here. He is not an Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin etc. Kessel is not a player who can put a team on his back and carry them. He benefited from the other players on his line dishing him the puck and doing the dirtry work for him. He is a product of his environment. Something the Leafs will find out soon enough. Kessel will not have the same success there that he had here in Boston.    

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL BRUINS GIVE KESSEL AWAY TO TORONTO!!! : I just have one question - with only $1.7 Mil under the cap, how can the Bruins make a deadline deal next year? Wouldn't that put us over the cap? Am I missing something? (I probably am) 
    Posted by BruinsFaninOntario[/QUOTE]

When you get a player at the deadline the season is almost over so the 1.7 covers the rest of the season that is left to play. I'm not sure what 1.7 at the trade deadline would be pro rated for but I'm sure it would get a player who is earning 4 or 5 mil.