LOL! This is hilarious

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

LOL! This is hilarious

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=337089

I wonder how he proved he was intoxicated. Did he roll around on the restaurant floor & pretend he was shot by a .44 Magnum? Looks good on the Idiot, proving again he's a classless piece of garbage. He embarrassed himself, teammates & an orginization in 04'. Now he does it again 6 yrs later?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: LOL! This is hilarious

Yeah, he was probably faking.  Somebody probably spilled some beer on his shoe and he then threw up and wet his pants to get attention at the bar, and then ended up getting arrested.

Wish that he had to share a jail cell with Marty LaPointe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

It was mentioned on NHL Live! that it was at a sushi bar and that the altercation started out between Ribeiro's wife and another woman.

How hammered to you have to be to get arrested for public intoxication in Texas?  The last state in the union where it was legal to drive down the road drinking a beer with a loaded gun in the gun rack.  It still could be legal there for all I know.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Looks good on him!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

big deal he was drinking and a argument started w his wife and another woman and things got loud....you people forget players have life's to

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: LOL! This is hilarious:
    [QUOTE]big deal he was drinking and a argument started w his wife and another woman and things got loud....you people forget players have life's to
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

Wow, you really are clueless, aren't you?

Things didn't just "get loud." The guy was arrested and spent the night in jail. You might call that "having a life," but I call it frankly embarrassing behavior for a 30-year-old man, the father of three kids (!) who should be representing his team and his profession with class, not stupidity. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LOL! This is hilarious : Wow, you really are clueless, aren't you? Things didn't just "get loud." The guy was arrested and spent the night in jail. You might call that "having a life," but I call it frankly embarrassing behavior for a 30-year-old man, the father of three kids (!) who should be representing his team and his profession with class, not stupidity. 
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Yea Duinne the ignore button is a wonderful thing for people like him! I think he acts like Riberio did....Probably a lot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

hmmm......  maybe he stole the woman's purse?    It would be a Habby thing to do!  lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-of-Smeg. Show Bruins-of-Smeg's posts

Hey who knows what happened. I know for a fact that you can get thrown in jail for public intoxication and be stone cold sober. I was thrown in jail overnight and fined for that very reason and I sober. I was just out with my then girlfriend when somone got in her face and I argued with the person. Next thing you know I'm we were both in jail. I don't know if the other person had been drinking or doing drugs but I know I hadn't been. Now with all this said I'm not saying he was sober but I do know it can happen. I really don't care if he had a little too much to drink and ended up in jail. As long as he wasn't driving who cares.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Story with mug shot included!  What a stooge!

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/35598-Stars-forward-Mike-Ribeiro-arrested-on-public-intoxication-charge.html

Classic Ribeiro diving/faking clips.  Anyone that can defend this should immediately stop watching hockey and take acting classes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNw8ZZT8tOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY3qXbVMf2c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_ouxSWVYbo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWEF8j4K7r8

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

so roberio is not allowed to go to have some drinks with his wife because hes a prof hockey player?   so if someone started a fight w your wife you wouldnt intervien? cmon

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

And how long ago was 2004 ?

Mike Ribeiro now makes almost $3 Million a year playing for the Dallas Stars...

He doesn't care what any of you write about him in the least...

No matter how sanctimonious or self-righteous that you are about it...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Since you all seem to have such good memories, can anyone remind me as to who won that 2004 Eastern Quarter Final series ?

We now return to the regularly scheduled program of Bruin fans whining and gossiping...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

So what this is saying is NHL players are human too. Who would have thought ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]so roberio is not allowed to go to have some drinks with his wife because hes a prof hockey player?   so if someone started a fight w your wife you wouldnt intervien? cmon

He's had issues with intoxication in the past. Hey Rmiller,  you should know about this ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]so roberio is not allowed to go to have some drinks with his wife because hes a prof hockey player?   so if someone started a fight w your wife you wouldnt intervien? cmon

Sort of like your parents having "the talk" with you when you're a kid, when young athletes become professionals, they get "the talk" from their leagues and their teams.

They are told that they are now public people, not private citizens. That there are people out there with cell phone cameras watching their every move. That they have to be careful about how they spend their moneny, who they associate with, where they go, and what they do.

Yes, it's a pain in the posterier. But guess what -- they're professional athletes, getting paid a ridiculous amount of money for playing a game for a living, and millions of people would trade places with them in a heartbeat.

The price they pay is realizing they cannot live what some may call a "normal" life. That's the tradeoff. And those who are stupid enough not to heed those warnings sooner or later find themselves paying the price.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dentris. Show dentris's posts

Bruins-of-smeg is absolutely correct. You can get arrested for PI and the cops do not have to prove you are drunk.

The off-duty cop in the restaurant escalated the incident. Most commenting on this subject have no facts at all. Just disgruntled Hab haters with a vendetta. Get over it and off your high horses. He hasn't played there for several years.

I love the "classless" remarks, too. Takes one to know one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianBruin. Show CanadianBruin's posts

Quit preaching Duinne. You weren't there, and don't know what happened. Nice picture as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

God that picture is creepy Duinne

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins-of-smeg is absolutely correct. You can get arrested for PI and the cops do not have to prove you are drunk. The off-duty cop in the restaurant escalated the incident. Most commenting on this subject have no facts at all. Just disgruntled Hab haters with a vendetta. Get over it and off your high horses. He hasn't played there for several years. I love the "classless" remarks, too. Takes one to know one.
    Posted by dentris[/QUOTE]

Then why you so concerned about what's said about him?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, he was probably faking.  Somebody probably spilled some beer on his shoe and he then threw up and wet his pants to get attention at the bar, and then ended up getting arrested. Wish that he had to share a jail cell with Marty LaPointe.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Or Nick Boynton!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm surprised by how insecure the Habs fans are on these boards that they're running haphazardly to the defense of Guy Lafluer and Mike Ribeiro, when any right minded person would be ashamed of their behavior.

Nothing wrong with sticking up for your team, but these guys ARE NOT on the Canadiens anymore and both have embarassed themselves as public figures.  It reminds me of those few inane Bruins fans who stuck up for Marty McSorely after the incident (at least he was still on the team though).

Hold yourselves to a little higher standard -- you're embarassing a proud franchise up there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I don't buy into the argument that athletes must be held to a higher standard because they're public citizens. They get paid what they do because they have a very rare and valuable skill set. Other than that, they're regular human beings. They owe the rest of us nothing. Outside of a few exceptional cases, I really do not care about the personal lives of athletes. Perform on the ice and the rest of your life is all yours.

That being said, I am sympathetic to the argument that off-ice actions can impact on-ice results. For that reason I think Ribeiro should be condemned for what happened here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I don't buy into the argument that athletes must be held to a higher standard because they're public citizens. They get paid what they do because they have a very rare and valuable skill set. Other than that, they're regular human beings. They owe the rest of us nothing. Outside of a few exceptional cases, I really do not care about the personal lives of athletes. Perform on the ice and the rest of your life is all yours. That being said, I am sympathetic to the argument that off-ice actions can impact on-ice results. For that reason I think Ribeiro should be condemned for what happened here.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    I beg to differ. It's OUR hard earned money that pay for their salaries. They owe it to the league, the team & US the fans to behave accordingly! Over 95 % of them do behave, so if they can. There's no reason they can't too. If they have issue's & if alcohol makes them too irrational? Well it's their job as well as any "regular human beings" to take the responsibility of getting the help that's needed! Or, as in this idiots case where this isn't the first time he's been in trouble while drinking is someone who maybe shouldn't be drinking.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Agree with nightmare.  Maybe the individual athletes don't care but their employers certainly do and the owners have every right to ask their employees to behave in a way that reflects well on the team and the community.  The NHL has an obvious stake in it too and naturally expects a high standard of behavior.

Most people with any normal job can be fired for making their company look bad, so don't act like athletes are being held to some higher standard.  I would lose my job if I got a DUI and I make a tiny fraction of what these guys do.

Sure they have the right to behave like a jerk, but the team owner and the NHL aslo have the right to punish someone who is making the product look bad.  And as fan, I definietly find it harder to root for a very priviledged athlete who can't behave off the ice and stay out of jail.

Sections
Shortcuts