long time before lord stanley is in Bost

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsportsfan2217. Show bostonsportsfan2217's posts

Re: long time before lord stanley is in Bost

i hope we will be able to advance farther this year with a better team

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gkr2. Show gkr2's posts

In Response to Re: long time before lord stanley is in Bost:
    [QUOTE]i hope we will be able to advance farther this year with a better team
    Posted by bostonsportsfan2217[/QUOTE]

Thats not sayin much... well i guess it is it has been seventeen years since the B's won in the second round.

That is simply mind boggling

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Well, at least its better than Toronto and Detroit does pretty well with Euros. But, I would take a team of Canadiens and a few Americas before all the others.

I am counting on Lucic's Heart to bring us back to the promise land, while all the other pro teams around here have countless bad side stories.

I follow the B's and hockey, not only because I played, but because the guys are generally still good guys. I met some "heroes" on the Pats and OMG what a bunch of Jerks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Horse puckey, I believe in Tukka & Timmy. This year the goaltending will be even better. The bruins will have that bad taste in their mouths this coming year. You have to hate losing before you can win. The Pens learned from Detroit & now the Bruins have learned they don't want to lose in the playoffs. Bruins in 2010 all the way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Turk16. Show Turk16's posts

While I cerainly agree with alot of what you say, I think your opinion of it being the wrong thing to go after American and European talent is way off base as well as your thinking that they are soft compared to Canadien players. I also go back a long way as a B's fan, back to when the B's Tommy Williams was the only guy from the USA in the NHL! I dread to think where the B's would be without Chara, Krejci, Kessel, Mark Stuart, Sturm, Hunwick, Sobotka and Timmy Thomas. I would not call a single one of them soft or not passonate about the game. Name one guy who trains as hard or tolerates pain like Big Z. BTW, Its a different world my friend and there are driven, comitted players from all over the world, just like there are the money hungry creeps from everywhere as well! Also, I disagree about the title to your posting; if healthy watch out for the B's over the next few years!

In Response to long time before lord stanley is in Bost:
    [QUOTE]I know I am going to offend a lot of people in this statement, so, I offer my apologies to you before I write this.............I have been a B's fan since 1966, I have watched over the years one of hockey's most dominating, respected and intimitading franchises gow slowly down the tubes into at some points a very laughable team/organization, I have watched Harry Sinden turn from one type of hockey person into a completely different one, I have never understood why the big change . So much for that, here comes the part that may offend some readers. Besides the money that has not been spent on free agents over the last few years and letting some good players get away, (coaches included).....the Bruins have turned away from Canadian talent, they have gone to the Europeans and Americans, they are not the same type of hockey team that they have been in the past, I realize that a lot of the other teams have gone the same route with the high flying Europeans( you know, the ones who miss a month of games because of the "sore foot" or the "ingrown toe nail"), but I don't care about those teams. Americans are not in the same category as the Europeans, but like baseball and football are to the U.S., hockey is to Canada, some Canadians learn to skate before they walk. The biggest difference between Canadian hockey talent and everybody else is the "heart" again like baseball and football in the U.S., hockey is almost a religion in Canada. I remeber watching a sports talk show from Boston one night....I'm not sure of the exact people who were on the show but I do know they were Boston based sports writers and t.v. personal......one quote was made and the rest agreed.....the quote went something like this ........ " I would rather have an interview with a big farm boy from Saskatchewan who plays hockey than anybody else......Canadians love hockey , money isn't as big of an issue with Canadians ...they truly play the game for the love of it" Americans play a much closer style of hockey to the Canadians then the Euros ever will, they are learning the love and devotion to the game much like Canadians have for many many years, the Euros never will, this is a playground for them to make a lot of money and move back to Europe when they are done.....the game isn't a game to them and they don't have the heart that the North American players do.....case in point.......Ottawa Senators, one of the most talented teams over the past few years, loaded with Europeans....every year come playoff time, they fold like a tent. In closing I would again like to apologize to the people that may be offended by this post but I had to say some thing after reading the draft choices the BRuins have made, especially this year. Grifforr
    Posted by grifforr[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

II am sure S would never attack a cabbien Response to long time before lord stanley is in Bost:
    [QUOTE]I have seen Crosby play several times....... indeed a treat to watch, and his head is screwed on right, another rarity these days
    Posted by grifforr[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Grifforr,

I love posts like this. I want to know what the old timers think -- long-time fans, that is. And you were honest. Good stuff.

I don't know enough about all these guys to judge whether their hearts are really in it, but for a while now I have suspected many of the things you say here.

My own family is European, and if there's one thing I know, it's that times are tough in Europe, economically. Now times are tough everywhere, but in most of Europe, it's been a way of life since WW1. This means that making money is a real dream there in a way that it isn't for everyone in Canada, and in some smaller American cities. We just don't have a history of REALLY hard times like they did there-- comparatively. And at present, our standard of living far surpasses theirs. This is the kind of thing you learn one-on-one ion conversation. Not in the news. And I have lived in (Western) Europe, so I learned a few of these things first hand.

The mentality you talk about is there. And in Eastern Europe, it's even more severe.

This is one of the reasons I respect Tim Thomas. He's real, and he actually achieved the American dream (and then some!). Poor beginnings, great success, but still modest and in love with the game.

So no, I'm not insulted, and I love Lucic, who is also Eastern European, and I love Sturm that German, and so on. But your point is well taken.

Not everyone is going to fit into this category you describe here, but I don't think that's what you were getting at. It seems you're praising those who have their hearts in it, and there just happen to be lots of those in Canada, because this is our religion. Hockey.

I have a final point to make.

Here in Canada, we're so bloody careful about not offending other nations that we often forget to simply state the truth. This is not only trut in sports analysis but all over.

But there's freedom of speech. So use it. Dare to be wrong. Offend people. They'll get over it and they might even learn something.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

Re: long time before lord stanley is in Boston

At least we're not Leaf fans.

Who keeps dragging out these old threads?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: long time before lord stanley is in Boston

In Response to Re: long time before lord stanley is in Boston:
    [QUOTE]At least we're not Leaf fans. Who keeps dragging out these old threads?
    Posted by Skaswatch[/QUOTE]
    What the h-e-double-hockey-sticks is that last picture?
    On second thought, maybe I don't want to know.

If you ask me, you need to evaluate player drive on a player-by-player basis.  Sure, if you look out across the pond you are bound to find some Kovalevs, but there will be Ovechkins too.  And don't try to claim there aren't any "heartless" Canadian players.  Okay, so I can't think of one off of the top of my head, but that doesn't mean very much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brentsmith. Show brentsmith's posts

quit banging on the ownership, team spends to the cap limit and that is all they can do, only 1 team can win the cup per year, took the penguins years of finishing dead last to build their team

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontrealBruin. Show MontrealBruin's posts

What a bunch of downers, tur in your jerseys and get lost.

It's not all about the cup. If you looked at the on ice battles last year, you were witness to execellent hockey by the B's. If you didn't enjoy Krejci and Kessel whipping up ice or Lucic's crushing hits or Timmy's flopping madness or the late season brilliance of Recchi on the down low or the resurgence of Bergeron then you clearly have no business being a B's fan or even watching hockey.

Turning away from Canada? Let's put out some evidence. Some Canadians on the team:

Steve Begin
    Patrice Bergeron
    Byron Bitz
    Chuck Kobasew
    Milan Lucic
    Mark Recchi
    Michael Ryder
    Marc Savard
    Shawn Thorton
    Johnny Boychuck
    Andrew Ference
    Dennis Wideman

...that's hardly turning away from Canada

You know what other teams has 12 Canadaians on their roster? The Pittsburgh Penguins...you know the team that just won the cup!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IYou are right re:n Response to Re: long time before lord stanley is in Bost:
    [QUOTE]What a bunch of downers, tur in your jerseys and get lost. It's not all about the cup. If you looked at the on ice battles last year, you were witness to execellent hockey by the B's. If you didn't enjoy Krejci and Kessel whipping up ice or Lucic's crushing hits or Timmy's flopping madness or the late season brilliance of Recchi on the down low or the resurgence of Bergeron then you clearly have no business being a B's fan or even watching hockey. Turning away from Canada? Let's put out some evidence. Some Canadians on the team: Steve Begin Patrice Bergeron Byron Bitz Chuck Kobasew Milan Lucic Mark Recchi Michael Ryder Marc Savard Shawn Thorton Johnny Boychuck Andrew Ference Dennis Wideman ...that's hardly turning away from Canada You know what other teams has 12 Canadaians on their roster? The Pittsburgh Penguins...you know the team that just won the cup!!!
    Posted by MontrealBruin[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IHowever it is all about the cupn Response to Re: long time before lord stanley is in Bost:
    [QUOTE]What a bunch of downers, tur in your jerseys and get lost. It's not all about the cup. If you looked at the on ice battles last year, you were witness to execellent hockey by the B's. If you didn't enjoy Krejci and Kessel whipping up ice or Lucic's crushing hits or Timmy's flopping madness or the late season brilliance of Recchi on the down low or the resurgence of Bergeron then you clearly have no business being a B's fan or even watching hockey. Turning away from Canada? Let's put out some evidence. Some Canadians on the team: Steve Begin Patrice Bergeron Byron Bitz Chuck Kobasew Milan Lucic Mark Recchi Michael Ryder Marc Savard Shawn Thorton Johnny Boychuck Andrew Ference Dennis Wideman ...that's hardly turning away from Canada You know what other teams has 12 Canadaians on their roster? The Pittsburgh Penguins...you know the team that just won the cup!!!
    Posted by MontrealBruin[/QUOTE]