Looks like the Penguins for Round 2 Friday night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from geraalt09. Show geraalt09's posts

Looks like the Penguins for Round 2 Friday night

Looks like the Rangers are pulling a Bruins and gagging on it in the first round and my money is on Brodeur to win one more game and move on.

That means the #1, #2, #3, #4, seeds are moving on! When is the last time that has happend? Has it happend before?

I thought we would meet the Pens in the Conference Final... Tough matchup so early. Winner of this makes it to the Cup Finals I am guessing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Re: Looks like the Penguins for Round 2 Thursday night

You must be living in the past?? No gagging by the Bruins this year!! As I've said on this board all year, this team is not the Bruins team of days gone by. It's a special group and finally we have some hope for a great run.

As for the Canes, they are shutting out Jersey 2-0 tonight. That series is far from over in my opinion. Bruins could easily face Carolina. 

Bring on the 2nd round competitor......whoever that ends up being, it's going to be a great series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from geraalt09. Show geraalt09's posts

Over protective much? wow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]Over protective much? wow.
    Posted by geraalt09[/QUOTE]

huh? Not sure I follow you there bud. Protect what?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from geraalt09. Show geraalt09's posts

[QUOTE]huh? Not sure I follow you there bud. Protect what?
    Posted by 4everbruins[/QUOTE]

Getting your panties all in a bunch because I said "pulling a Bruins" they have won 2 series in 16 years bud, They are not this playoff juggernaught that you must have them pictured in your head. Not yet anyways.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carloaz. Show carloaz's posts

The past is irrelevant to this year you know that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

You obviously did not do well in probability class.  If either of Carolina or the Rangers win their game 7 we do not play the Penguins.  If you assume each team has a 50% of winning it means there is only a 1 in 4 chance we draw the Penguins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

I hope we play the Rangers but I don't see that happening.I would rather play Pitt. than Carolina.Carolina always plays the B's hard ,not that Pitt. would be easy but I don't think the Pens can play well enough defensively to stop the B's.I also want to see Hal Gill get the socks deked out of him by Kessel ,Kreji and the like after years of watching other opponents do it to big Hall while he was a Bruin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

The penguins are weak, very weak. Their blue liners are shaky, and they have nearly no secondary scoring. If you slow up Malkin and Crosby you can blow them out of the water. I've been saying since the pre season that the penguins are just a shadow of what they were last year, I think it would be a short series

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

The Canes and the Caps have the momentum now.   The Rangers were "skating in cement" yesterday.  If both win, we play the Hurricanes.  It will be an excellent series-- Whitney and Stall are brilliant.  The team is fast...they like it open, run and gun.  Can't wait!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]Getting your panties all in a bunch because I said "pulling a Bruins" they have won 2 series in 16 years bud, They are not this playoff juggernaught that you must have them pictured in your head. Not yet anyways.

I'm judging the team on this years performance, and it's obvious it's not the same team (as past years) is my point. We'll see what happens in round 2 and go from there, but it's looking good based on their first round performance (I didn't detect any of those old confidence/can't fiinish issues.....did you?).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

...BRUINS vs hurricanes

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

I agree...B's-Pens.  Lundquist has been a softie since the 3-1 series lead (did you see those weak goals by his glove yesterday?), so there is no way Rangers win in DC unless he stands on his head like Game 2.  That would be a shocker if he did.  Canes have only a slightly better chance of winning on the road in Game 7.  B's should smoke any of the 3; bring'em on!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Personally I dont think Carolina has been a good matchup for Boston for the past 2-3 years. Staal always burns them. That being said Crosby and Malkin is much worse. Everyone should be crossing their fingers for the Rangers!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]Personally I dont think Carolina has been a good matchup for Boston for the past 2-3 years. Staal always burns them. That being said Crosby and Malkin is much worse. Everyone should be crossing their fingers for the Rangers!
    Posted by dhitch[/QUOTE]

I also really dont want to play washington...They are the only team thats looked consistently better than us...

A rangers victory helps in 2 ways, because a) we get to play the rangers and b) it elliminates the caps....

Ive seen theodore burn the b's too many times....I know hes washed up, but I wouldnt put it past him to all of a sudden return to form and shut us down...Since, he seems to LOVE playing the Bs

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]I also really dont want to play washington...They are the only team thats looked consistently better than us... A rangers victory helps in 2 ways, because a) we get to play the rangers and b) it elliminates the caps.... Ive seen theodore burn the b's too many times....I know hes washed up, but I wouldnt put it past him to all of a sudden return to form and shut us down...Since, he seems to LOVE playing the Bs
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone saw the Rangers as winning this series. They were fortunate to get the two game jump, but you can see that the momentum is entirely in the Caps favour now. I can't see the Rags pulling it out back in Washington......unless Lundquist plays the game of this life.

As for goal tenders, I don't think Theodore gets another chance unless Varlamov (sp?) falls apart. I hope the Caps fail, but at least we don't meet them until the Eastern Conf. finals.......if it turns out that way. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from HermesConrad. Show HermesConrad's posts

[QUOTE]You obviously did not do well in probability class.  If either of Carolina or the Rangers win their game 7 we do not play the Penguins.  If you assume each team has a 50% of winning it means there is only a 1 in 4 chance we draw the Penguins.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]
    See, you always have to listen to a guy with "Orr" in his username.He saved me a lot of typing with his post. Thanks, man. Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

im just glad that after tonight we will finally know who we will be facing next this laoyff is driving me crazy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan76. Show bruinsfan76's posts

[QUOTE]Personally I dont think Carolina has been a good matchup for Boston for the past 2-3 years. Staal always burns them. That being said Crosby and Malkin is much worse. Everyone should be crossing their fingers for the Rangers!
    Posted by dhitch[/QUOTE]

didnt we beat carolina 4 games to nil this year?how does stall have our number?I think anybody is fine except the caps.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThePhantomGourmet. Show ThePhantomGourmet's posts

Crosby, Malkin etc should be able to muster some scoring chances, something the weak Montreal team could not. Good luck with that powerplay Timmy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcl77. Show mcl77's posts

whoever the B's play- its gonna take them a good 20 minutes to skate the rust off.

I personal would want to face CAR. They dont macth up well withg us at all.
    Then I wouldnt mind facing NY either. The only problem with them is Lundqvist could steal some games from you.
    Pit I would like to save until the conference finals.

Or the best scenario would be play NY and win, then have CAR beat PIT and play them in the conference finals.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Re: Looks like the Penguins for Round 2 Friday night

We get to play Carolina.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from geraalt09. Show geraalt09's posts

[QUOTE]We get to play Carolina.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

Enough with the hopes and dreams in every thread you fruit

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

We play Car (Season 4-0 and 17-6 we outscored them). It would not have mattered who we played, we showed no weakness against Habs and were never panicked against the team that has always panicked us. Another win against Car in a good series.

Pit Was will be worth watching, Crosby quit his whining in the last series and it looks like OV(Canadian Beer) has started it. Should be a classic.

Wings Ducks see if Hiller can stop the stampede.

Canucks Blackhawks can Luongo hold back the speed.

These playoffs are greatest in a long time.

Greatest Of All Time!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]Enough with the hopes and dreams in every thread you fruit

Last time I checked I lived in a free Country.  I can have any signature I want at the end of my posts.  If you do not like it, you bigot, you can use the ignore feature.