1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

Lucic contract WORST ever!!

Miro Satan, scrapheap pickup($350k)
    18 GP, 6 points, +5

Milan Lucic
    27 GP, 10 pts, -8

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Re: Lucic contract WORST ever!!

At this point, it doesn't seem like a good deal.  However, contracts pay you for what you have already done too.  In the last 2 playoffs, Lucic was arguably the best player on the team and he physically dominated series'.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

The Lucic bashing continues... this kid has suffered two major injuries this year that has cost him 32 games.  The games that he has played in since his return from the ankle have been tough to watch, but do you really think he is 100% healthy?

Consider this:
    Stats before his finger injury:
    6gp 0-3-3 +2
    Stats after returning from finger injury, but before ankle injury:
    4gp 2-0-2 +1

Lucic was a dominant player last year, and the extension was a good idea by PC.  This kid got an invite to the Team Canada camp, only 46 players were awarded that opportunity.  Reasonable people can quibble about the terms of the deal; why wasn't the contract longer in duration and/or given the length was the financial commitment a little high?  I think those are questions that informed people can ask, but comparing his stat-line to Satan's is ridiculous.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Lucic contract WORST ever!!:
    Miro Satan, scrapheap pickup($350k) 18 GP, 6 points, +5 Milan Lucic 27 GP, 10 pts, -8
    Posted by mosismooses

Dumb comparison . Lucic's value to the team is more than just points and +-. JJ #1.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

can everybody agree that a good player to compare to lucic, in terms of playing style, size, and physicality, is Johan Franzen from detroit. Franzen's cap hit is 3.955. Franzen can do pretty much every thing that lucic can in terms of physicality, but the difference is that franzen has far better scoring ability. He had 34 goals last year and has been injured for 95% of the season this year(torn acl). and lucic gets a cap hit of over 4 million. Love lucic and it would $uck3d to have seen him traded, but he is just overpaid. This is Chiarelli's fault(what else is new). He gave lucic the contract in early october, about a week after the season started. If he wouldve waited till around now, I guarantee lucic would have gotten only 2.5-3million at the most

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schecklershockeymaskempourium. Show Schecklershockeymaskempourium's posts

Lucic has a 850K cap hit this season and makes 685K(according to www.nhlnumbers.com), so he makes a little more than Satan and has more production.  Sounds like a good contract to me.  You can complain next year if he is under performing when his cap hit moves up to 4m.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

The Franzen comparison is a curious one since he is 30 and Lucic is 21.  Franzen did score 34 goals last year in his 4th NHL season at age 29. 

Here is Franzen's stats for his first two seasons:

Here is Lucic's stats for his first two seasons:

Now that the Franzen comparison is debunked, can we agree that Lucic is having a tough year working through injuries?  I agree that his contract is not very Bruins-friendly, but that is PC's fault.  I still believe this kid is an impact player when healthy, I am shocked that B's-Nation has turned on him so quickly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Everyone should just stop responding to these foolish contrived Lucic threads. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

685k for lucic is way overpaid???? I just don't understand

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

This is ridiculous.  ANOTHER thread, same posters, same arguments, not two seconds thought given between one thread and the other.  Just cut and paste comments.  Like this one: "In a system that allows guys to become free agents after their first contracts, even with restrictions, you are worth what the market says you're worth.  A 20 goal, 25 assist bodychecking machine that bloodies 1/2 the guys he fights would draw offers of at least $4M on the open market.  And bidders wouldn't look at his injury-saddled season and think he's lost it - though they might try to penny pinch down. It wouldn't work - there'd always be someone willing to pay at least $4M.  So you choose - keep Lucic at a time when teams are looking for a 'Lucic-type player' in the draft and around the league, or let him walk as an RFA."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

This is why i don't like about most fans.  They are too emotionnal.  First od all Lucic will not get paid 4 millions until next year.  Second thing this is a guy that can change a playoff round by himself by pounding the key defensemans of the other team.  Some players are at their best during the playoffs and i think Lucic will be this type of player. 
      Remember Claude Lemieux.  If you look at his stats during the regular season it was nothing special.  But in the playoffs he was a key player that was directly responsible for mutliple Stanley Cups.
      If the GM would be as emotionnal as the fan during the loosing streak they would have traded half of the team, changed the coaching staff.  But instead that decided to stick with it and this team slowly is strating to look more and more like the team that finished first last year. 
      Don't get me wrong..they still have to improove but i think they are going in the right direction.  Please people just breathe!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

"if Lucic breaks 12-15 goals a year that would be a lot."

He scored 17 last season in his second NHL season at age 20!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

lucics contract is fair. The guy can make a impact without scoring a single point with his aggresive checking all game long.

Don't think though he will last longer than 30 in the nhl the way he agressively punishes opponents with his checks. But will be a player to be remembered and considered an honourable big bad bruin ala cam neely

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Shrek and Crow well diagnosed.

Morph, Luc is not a Neely type wish it were so, he is more like O'Reilly, likes to work in corner and behind net rather than be in front and his courage is worth a cool 2M alone, he plays hard and clean unlike fools you mentioned. For his shot, wake up, he has a dandy, though I have posted many times I wish he would SHOOT!!!! I guess you also missed point that he is making 850K this year.

Many were saying Bergy was not worth his salary, but since he is back to form and our top player this year, the trade Berg and he has the worst contract posts have all disappeared.

Luc will be that much again after the break, 2 week break will do wonders.

I'M EVALUATING!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RayBaz. Show RayBaz's posts

Chill out folks. His new contract takes effect next year. This has been a tough year for the looch-a-motive. Injuries, injuries, injuries. Cut the kid some slack. He does have a good shot and I also wish that he would shoot more. He will come around. Have any of you ever had a high ankle sprain? I have a good friend who did and it took him 10 months to get back to the kind of player that he was before his injury. He constantly had pain in his ankle and it certainly effected his performance. No, my friend did not play for the Bruins but a high ankle sprain is a high ankle sprain no matter what team or league you play for.
    Lucic has shown improvement in his first two years in the league.
    77gp 8-19-27
    72gp 17-25-42
    So, if he keeps improving over the next few years like he did in the first two years of his career, what would his stats look like? I bet that next year, if he fully heals and remains injury free, his stats could look something like this:
    82gp 29-35-64
    Just a guess but remember he is only 21. And he brings so much more to the team besides points. Yeah, he is not the second coming of Neely but who cares? I want him to be the first coming of Looch. Oh, by the way, Neely wasn't all that great when Boston picked him up from Vancouver. And look how that turned out.
    Go Bruins

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Everyone should just stop responding to these foolish contrived Lucic threads.

EXACTLY!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

You want worst contracts try being a New York Islanders fan,still paying Yaskin  not to play.

Cap hit this season $3.2 million then will hit $4.75 million in 2010-11 after that it will be $2.2 million for the next 4 years including the 2014-15 season.

Or you may want to look at Rick Dipietro and his $4.5 million cap hit for the next 6 years

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic contract WORST ever!!:
    You want worst contracts try being a New York Islanders fan,still paying Yaskin  not to play. Cap hit this season $3.2 million then will hit $4.75 million in 2010-11 after that it will be $2.2 million for the next 4 years including the 2014-15 season. Or you may want to look at Rick Dipietro and his $4.5 million cap hit for the next 6 years
    Posted by winexpos

29 other GMS would gladly take Lucic and his contract off our hands.A Brian Burke style GM would have offered him even more to pry him away from us had he hit the open market.Not saying the system is right .Just saying that's how it is. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

This may be the single dumbest post I've seen here.  You're an embarassment to moose everywhere.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roosevelt45. Show Roosevelt45's posts

Lucic is not having the best of season but I still believe in him. Give Luce a break. To compare him to a more seasoned player like Franzen is unfair.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

look up high ankle sprain and the recovery time before making these foolish posts. He was a big time impact player last year.

The jury is out, time will tell.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Gomez at 7.35 cap hit for the next 5 years is by far the worst in the leaque, IMO.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

imo, the only untouchable B'S are Lucic & Rask....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

I don't rememebr Satan pushing anyone through the glass.

But I guess things like that don't matter in your fantasy league, therefore not considered in deciding what players are worth?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic contract WORST ever!!:
    [QUOTE]yah he scored 17 goals last year in a year that every single Bruin had a career year offensively and played a ton of time with Savvy, id love to bet someone that will be his career high. Yes hes been hurt this year and i think this is one of the flaws of his game...he has the potential to get hurt a lot because of his physical game he plays. Look im not bashing Lucic at all, but a lot of people envision this guy getting 20-25 even 30 goals ive heard, and to me, he does not have the skill in the NHL to be that kind of player....hes about a 15 goals a year kind of player who pushes people around....to me thats not worth of a 4 million Cap Hit...id love to be proven wrong, i hope he can break 20 goals someday, but watching him every game, he has no speed or agility, hes not the most offensive minded player, and he not a shooting forward, he likes to be in close to the net.... its now Feb 2010, in a few years i want to look back at this post and see if Lucic has gotten more than 15 goals a season since 08-09, id love to bet he hasnt, and most people will be calling for them to dump him off to another team...you watch!
    Posted by morphosis1974[/QUOTE] If it gets to a point where the bruins have to 'dump' this guy that won't be a problem with 29 other teams licking there chops to get him.

Sections
Shortcuts