Lucic Extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SullyFromMA. Show SullyFromMA's posts

Lucic Extension

Just got a tweet on my phone from @NHLBruins. Looch just signed a 3 year extension. Me likey.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SullyFromMA. Show SullyFromMA's posts

Re: Lucic Extension

Here's the link.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=501247&navid=DL|BOS|home

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

great news, be interesting to find out the value of the contract.

3 more years of looch, awesome

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

wow great news

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncurruptable. Show uncurruptable's posts

The Boston Bruins have announced the signing of forward Milan Lucic to a three-year contract extension through the 2012-13 NHL season worth $12.25 million.

The 21-year-old Lucic recorded 17 goals and 25 assists for 42 points, while tallying 136 penalty minutes and a plus-17 rating. During the postseason, the 6'3'' 228-pound winger had three goals and six assists and a plus-12 plus/minus rating in 10 games.

Originally drafted by the Bruins in the second round (50th overall) of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, Lucic helped the Vancouver Giants of the Western Hockey League capture the 2007 Memorial Cup Championship.

In 151 career regular games, Lucic has 25 goals and 45 assists for 70 points, in addiition to 230 penalty minutes.

FROM TSN in Canada

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

great signing. a tad bit expensive, but Lucic had a ton of leverage. He knew the Bruins could not let him go.

DKrejci, chime in on this one, what do you think about the deal?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

So.. $3.5 (+-) Cap hit for the next 4 years? Hmm... Or 4+ for the 3 yrs after this one? Seems a bit steep to me. Anyone?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

steep why 17 goals last yr , gets 4m
    36 goals gets u a trip to toronto
    evryone knew they would sign luicic he's a fan favorite and PC loves favorable headlines.
    too much at this point,  i like lucic  too. but come playoffs it's the goals we are going to need not the beatings, i could watch the ufc for that.
    wonder how krejci feels.

how PC came up with 4m for lucic and yes it is  very steep,, very simple he cannot afford to make another mistake.

people felt kess was not worthed and he scored 36 in 70 games does well in playoffs,  this guy scores 17 gives people beatings and everyone is ok with it.
    how dumb are some fans. Maybe if kess had dropped the gloves once in a while ,... hey!

change the name for boston bruisers, bruins would have ,made one good roller hockey team

just keeps getting worse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

i think it's a fair criticism 4.08 mil/year for a 17 goal scorer.  The Bruins will be expecting alot from him.  I'm sure he will deliver.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic Extension:
    [QUOTE]steep why 17 goals last yr , gets 4m 36 goals gets u a trip to toronto evryone knew they would sign luicic he's a fan favorite and PC loves favorable headlines. too much at this point,  i like lucic  too. but come playoffs it's the goals we are going to need not the beatings, i could watch the ufc for that. wonder how krejci feels. how PC came up with 4m for lucic and yes it is  very steep,, very simple he cannot afford to make another mistake. people felt kess was not worthed and he scored 36 in 70 games does well in playoffs,  this guy scores 17 gives people beatings and everyone is ok with it. how dumb are some fans. Maybe if kess had dropped the gloves once in a while ,... hey! change the name for boston bruisers, bruins would have ,made one good roller hockey team just keeps getting worse.
    Posted by marco100[/QUOTE]

Lucic is a worthy commodity. He is essentail to making the Bruins relevant in boston again. The fans love him, he plays hard, he can play on the first line. yeah he scored 17 goals, but clearly he has more value than just a goal scorer. Clearly, when you watch how he impacts a game, it is above goal scoring.

4.25 might have seemed high,  but I find it hard to believe his market value was much less.

kessel was a little biaatch and i'd rather have lucic out there any day of the week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmcbeigh. Show cmcbeigh's posts

Lucic is worth the money. He's 21 will only get better,has good hands andmakes everyone on his team play better. Wonder how many goals Kess would have notched without Looch and Savey?
                 Great signing !!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

Great signing. a little more than i thought it'd be but maybe that's because of the style of game he plays. Guys like him get worn down faster (just ask Cam) so their deals are bigger early on when they're still healthy. I think the thing to keep in mind is this is a deal that's not only paying Lucic for what he brings to the table right now, a power forward with a real presence and decent hands, but potential down the road as a dominant player in both the physical and goal scoring aspects of the game. Plus I'm sure Chia didn't want to get blind sided next summer like he did with Kess where another GM is dictating the price for one his star players.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from turigz. Show turigz's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic Extension:
    [QUOTE]steep why 17 goals last yr , gets 4m 36 goals gets u a trip to toronto evryone knew they would sign luicic he's a fan favorite and PC loves favorable headlines. too much at this point,  i like lucic  too. but come playoffs it's the goals we are going to need not the beatings, i could watch the ufc for that. wonder how krejci feels. how PC came up with 4m for lucic and yes it is  very steep,, very simple he cannot afford to make another mistake. people felt kess was not worthed and he scored 36 in 70 games does well in playoffs,  this guy scores 17 gives people beatings and everyone is ok with it. how dumb are some fans. Maybe if kess had dropped the gloves once in a while ,... hey! change the name for boston bruisers, bruins would have ,made one good roller hockey team just keeps getting worse.
    Posted by marco100[/QUOTE]

Again another moronic response by the great Marco100!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazybsfan04. Show crazybsfan04's posts

well this definitley explains the "personal day"he had off, because they were busy signing him to a contract.Also lemme say that 4 million is definitley better going to lucic than phil "i don't wanna hit people because i wanna do my one and done move,i can't hit people for squat and i just wanna be a little pansy"kessel. great signing chiarelli! one down, one more to go...savard's next. go bruins!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I like all of Boston Bruins fans absolutely admire and cheer Milan's presence. He's on his way to becoming a great power forward that I think can average 25-30 goals a season.

My disagreement is not the length but next off seasons signing's. Savard, Rask and Stuart and most likely Morris (If he stays healthy is going to have a monster year) will demand more. Wheeler in my mind is going to be the odd man out and probably trade bait this March.

Sorry but he is not worth more than Krejci right now. I will not bash PC nor stop routing for Looch but it's just a little too much for my nervousness about only having 15Mil to 19Mil next summer. I think Savard is next for an extension this year. What pressure it would take away from PC!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Well I got the answer to my question. The extention money will only show on the cap starting next season.
    I would have thought 3M as I said on another post but they know something I don't . Someone will fall off the books next year.
    Good signing though , just cannot lose this guy.
    I'm just afraid this sets a standard. If he's worth 4M then Savy is worth what ?
    Good one SanDog,  there will be someone leaving from this. roster come March.
    Olsonic ,  that's right on Kessel. Now you know what the Bruins brass means by " He's a Bruin or he just doesn't play like Bruin.
    Lucic = a Bruin
    Kessel = .........

P.S. to all negative fans saying CAP WILL GO DOWN 4-5M,  wrong !!!
    I predict it will go up 1-2M.  Hockey revenues will go up with all the stars in this league.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

I like the signing. I do feel the price is a bit high but when you get a player like Lucic you need to hang on to him. The B's obviously believe that with his character he is not a risk to slack off and will only continue to improve. Bottom line is, Lucic is a "Good Bruin".

It would be nice to see them get a few other important players locked up before the end of the season as well.

Sections
Shortcuts