Lucic-Krejci-Wheeler

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tukkainnet. Show tukkainnet's posts

Lucic-Krejci-Wheeler

Is anyone else excited about this line?  Think about it. This could potentially be the Bruins number 1 line for a majority of the next eight years.  I even think their respective skills will complement each other.  My only worries are about their overall speed but I think Krejci can make up for some of that with his high hockey IQ. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

Re: Lucic-Krejci-Wheeler

In Response to Lucic-Krejci-Wheeler:
    Is anyone else excited about this line?  Think about it. This could potentially be the Bruins number 1 line for a majority of the next eight years.  I even think their respective skills will complement each other.  My only worries are about their overall speed but I think Krejci can make up for some of that with his high hockey IQ. 
    Posted by tukkainnet

Absolutely.  I just feel that the pressures of being on the 1st line affect Lucic's game. He's more likely to play his own game without feeling that he's expected to be a big time scorer. 

Wheeler getting back onto his natural wing has the potential of boosting his confidence in play.

Krejci has shown that he can play with anyone, and is now rounding back into game shape.

Could be an interesting few games if this line stays together and gets a chance to jell.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

i was hoping julien would put these guys together, makes alot of sense.

lets see how they do together.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

I like thisline but I'd like to see Bergeron centering Looch and Wheeler too

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

The downside of putting this line together is moving Ryder to the Savard line.  They tried to pair Ryder and Savard last year and the cheistry wasn't there.  Hopefully that issue is resolved.  They seem to work ok on the PP (although no one is really clicking on the PP yet this year).  I think it makes more sense this way

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

I like this line as well. Wheeler and Krejci both have great speed, and Lucic isnt quite as slow as everyone thinks he is.

(My second line on my fantasy draft team in NHL10, has Buffalo's Tim Connolly centering Wheeler and Lucic and they are a monster line....if it works in the game it will OBVIOUSLY work in real life, right?)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic-Krejci-Wheeler:
    I like thisline but I'd like to see Bergeron centering Looch and Wheeler too Posted by fireballer58

I'd like to see this one as well fireballer and i think we will sooner than later.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tukkainnet. Show tukkainnet's posts

Is everyone convinced that we have two legit second line centers?  If thats the case is it possible that one of them is ready to head our first line next year?  I love both Bergy and Krejci but neither would be utilized to their full potential sitting in the three-spot. And with the salary cap I'm not sure a team can afford a 5 mill a season 3rd line center.  

(its still blows my mind that Bergy is only a year older then Krejci)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tukkainnet. Show tukkainnet's posts

Great game tonight.  I thought all the lines looked good and nice to see Lucic with five hits.  No points for this line but they had several solid opportunities.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

We have 4 1st line centers, they all get equal ice time.

Bergy can center any 1st line in the league, Krejci will be able but he needs to get it going-hopefully this si his only slump of the year and Sav is Sav, 3 quality 1st line centers capable of playing 20 plus mins a night not not 15.

4th line on way too much, taking too many D faceoffs.

CJ had both Bergy and Sav on for D faceoffs late in game, good coaching.

Wheeler was best of the 3 tonite.

As in every other post, Luc SHOOT!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Savard Ryder did not look out of place at all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Savard Ryder did not look out of place at all.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

I'm with you on this and they can click fast.  Give them a couple more games and see it happen.  Ryder has not shown much,  he is a slow starter,  but I think he's still our best sniper on the team. 
    I said before season started that the Bruins have the best combinations  and depth at the center position in the East. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Ryder was excellent in tonight's game, showed lots of speed in the opposing end.

Ryder's style is to get a lot of feet planted shots, makes him big on the PP and in puck posession systems where they get set up a lot. He is a Glen Murray basically. Reason he didnt work well in Montreal and has/had to change his game up to be successful in Beantown. As a larger guy he needs to use his size and get to gritty places around the net and he's done that well so far in Boston.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Honestly, Lucic is about average speed. He got a bad rap for speed when he first came up because he skated like he he was trying to move around the ice on five gallon pails. Krejci isn't hugely fast but again no worse than average speed for the NHL and just a top knotch play maker. Wheels is damned fast especially for a guy 6'5 and 220, plus he's creative with the puck. This could be a hell of a line.

I like this line as well. Wheeler and Krejci both have great speed, and Lucic isnt quite as slow as everyone thinks he is. (My second line on my fantasy draft team in NHL10, has Buffalo's Tim Connolly centering Wheeler and Lucic and they are a monster line....if it works in the game it will OBVIOUSLY work in real life, right?)
    Posted by dhitch

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

Would there be any merit putting Sturm back with Bergy where he had pretty good success before they're collective injuries? Kobesew could slip in on the number one unit with Savard and Ryder. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from theobama. Show theobama's posts

"Would there be any merit putting Sturm back with Bergy where he had pretty good success before they're collective injuries? Kobesew could slip in on the number one unit with Savard and Ryder."

No. Because you will have Sturm playing the off-wing again. And Kobasew is playing like a bantam right now. Why would you want him on the first line?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglandah. Show newenglandah's posts

i still feel that krejci is shaking off the rust.. definetely should had the one timer in front of the net.. still have to say that their line played with a lot of energy and created some good chances... with a few more games with these lines they really will understand better where eachother  will be on the ice and should result in better goals than what weve been getting.. not gonna complain  about a  3-0 shutout though!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

theobama and newenglandah,  good points.  We're thinking along the same lines.  I stated this on another post:

" The 2nd line you need to give it time. Krejci is young and needs more time adapt to any line changes.  The key there is Wheeler,  he must wake up ,  otherwise Krejci looks bad.  Krejci I see him doing all the right things and Looch will fit anywhere with his type of game therefore Julien, stick with this line and it will work.
    3rd line,  Recchi needs to pickup or that whole line suffers. Not that Kobasew is lighting it up but he's a type of player that will be as good as his surroundings
    ."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglandah. Show newenglandah's posts

Agreed with you on most bslegion, but last night it almost seemed that wheeler was more of the aggressor on that line.. some plays he would go banging and lucic would realize that it was his turn to throw his weight.. hopefully a good sign for things to come! personally.. im reallly enjoying kobasew's play i wouldnt want to break up the third line chemistry that is starting to show. bergy has been playing outstanding

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davidorr. Show Davidorr's posts

"Would there be any merit putting Sturm back with Bergy where he had pretty good success before they're collective injuries? Kobesew could slip in on the number one unit with Savard and Ryder." No. Because you will have Sturm playing the off-wing again. And Kobasew is playing like a bantam right now. Why would you want him on the first line?
    Posted by theobama

Recchi has played all three forward positions during his career, let him play the off wing. I think Kobesew will find his game and his banging the corners, charging the net style is going to work for Savard and Ryder much like Lucic's game created room for Kessel last year. Sturm and Bergeron had their best years together when they were Boston's number one unit. Right now it's not necessary, just a thought.

Sections
Shortcuts