LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EvolutionFan. Show EvolutionFan's posts

Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR!

Say goodbye to Wheeler, Savard & Morris

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

like most bruins fans, i love what lucic gives you, but at what cost?

i think the guy thats gone next year is savard, hate to say it but where is the money to sign him next year?

savard as a UFA is going to command at least 6.5 mil/season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

This is just complete BS.....How the F... do you pay a guy this much money. He is not a 4 mill type player. I feel bad for Krejci. He deserves 4 mill a season before Lucic....I like Lucic, but this deal makes no sense what so ever.... This was probably the worst time to sign a player to that much money. Now the rest of the team, especially savard probably can see the writing on the wall. They'll never pay savard more and giving him a pay cut is a slap in the face when you are shelling out more for players that are not worth what you are giving them. Also, if the cap goes down next year, which it sounds like it will, they may not be able to sign more than savard......This really pi$$es me off....I sure hope I can enjoy the rest of the season, knowing this really may be the last chance the B's have to win the cup with this team. Im so irritated right now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TommyD603. Show TommyD603's posts

Do you guys realize that contracts are set by the market? He would have gotten that money somewhere else. Chiarelli made sure that didn't happen. No matter what YOU think he should get paid, if there's even one more GM out there that thinks it's more, then it's likely that player is going to go there at the end of his contract. Chiarelli didn't want to be threatened by another offer sheet, and didn't want Lucic to play tenative this contract year, so he signed the guy. Geez.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Disk0thek. Show Disk0thek's posts

So you think Lucic would get any less as an RFA not re-signing here in the off-season?  29 other teams would kill to have him.  His contract is a lot, but it's the going rate.  And in 3 years he should be well worth it.  That and consider this, he's one of the blossoming faces of the damn franchise.  His marketing value definitely bumped up his contract.

Are you guys just asking for another Kessel situation or what?  Undecided

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Ok guys Chill, next year the Bs have almost 20M in cap space, now after signing Luc about 16m, with savard, stuart and rask the only concerns to sign. Contracts up at seasons end are thornton, begin, morris.recchi, ferrence and boychuk. Rememeber training camp ? and new guys ready for next year, caron maybe, colbourne and so on, all entry level contracts..Oh ya, expect a trade also soon, likely ference and ryder, maybe kobasew....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbanksAK. Show FairbanksAK's posts

In Response to Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR!:
    [QUOTE]Do you guys realize that contracts are set by the market? He would have gotten that money somewhere else. Chiarelli made sure that didn't happen. No matter what YOU think he should get paid, if there's even one more GM out there that thinks it's more, then it's likely that player is going to go there at the end of his contract. Chiarelli didn't want to be threatened by another offer sheet, and didn't want Lucic to play tenative this contract year, so he signed the guy. Geez.
    Posted by TommyD603[/QUOTE]

Lucic would have been an RFA! Not a UFA! No one would have given up 3 1st round draft picks, Chiarelli was as usual bidding against himself and digging the Bruins hole even bigger for next season

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

All, Im hoping for, is that it doesnt hurt our chances to bring back at least savard.

He is so crucial to this team. He is the best offensive player on the team. And makes everyone else around him that much better. Plus for as small as he is, he'll get in there and punch someone. When he went after Alberts. Everyone else was over there so fast. Ya he's not a fighter, but he'll stick up for his team mates. Shoot, maybe Savard will sign again for 5 mill a year, even though he is probably worth more...I do think they over paid for looch, but with Recchi leaving and Morris maybe not getting resigned and younger players coming up, then this may work out after all. Dont get me wrong. I love looch as much as the rest of you, but I love the WHOLE team even more and like everyone else, want to see this team around a couple more years....They are so solid....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

[QUOTE]Ok guys Chill, next year the Bs have almost 20M in cap space, now after signing Luc about 16m, with savard, stuart and rask the only concerns to sign. Contracts up at seasons end are thornton, begin, morris.recchi, ferrence and boychuk. Rememeber training camp ? and new guys ready for next year, caron maybe, colbourne and so on, all entry level contracts..Oh ya, expect a trade also soon, likely ference and ryder, maybe kobasew....
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

Huh? 20 M in cap space? What orafice did you pull that number out from? I assume you know the cap is going down 5 million next season... where is this other 15M?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from flossy8. Show flossy8's posts

The odds just quadrupled that Savard will be up in Toronto next season feeding Kessel.

Never seen so many overprices contracts in such a short period of time by one GM

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR! : Huh? 20 M in cap space? What orafice did you pull that number out from? I assume you know the cap is going down 5 million next season... where is this other 15M?
    Posted by damngood[/QUOTE]

FYI the cap will not drop 5 M, anyhow the numbers for 10/11 are already posted here  http://www.nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=BOS&season=0910
    In all honesty I beleive if the Bs fail to go farther in the playoffs this year you can bet there will be a firesale lol..Who knows..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR! : Lucic would have been an RFA! Not a UFA! No one would have given up 3 1st round draft picks, Chiarelli was as usual bidding against himself and digging the Bruins hole even bigger for next season
    Posted by FairbanksAK[/QUOTE]
    The compensation line is:
    $3,013,433 - $4,520,150 - 2010 1st round pick, 2010 3rd round pick

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fu1eye. Show fu1eye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR! : Huh? 20 M in cap space? What orafice did you pull that number out from? I assume you know the cap is going down 5 million next season... where is this other 15M?
    I assume he has done the math on all the contracts that will be expiring after this season.

Since Ference, Murray's $$, Recchi, Morris, etc. will almost all be gone for sure, that creates some salary space to keep the other key guys then fill in with young players or low priced vets like Begin/Yelle/Thornton, etc.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Disk0thek. Show Disk0thek's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR! : Lucic would have been an RFA! Not a UFA! No one would have given up 3 1st round draft picks, Chiarelli was as usual bidding against himself and digging the Bruins hole even bigger for next season
    Posted by FairbanksAK[/QUOTE]

Kessel was an RFA too and he got 5.4M.  Who would need to give up 3 1st rounders, that would just be silly money.  Lucic's contract would gather a 1st and 3rd round pick as RFA compensation.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

Milan is the heart and soul of the Bruins he will become a SUPERSTAR , he already is ...he will score 35 goals and more within ayear or two ....$4MM is a real deal for the BRUINS Can you imagine the team without him ???  No way

GO BRUINS ! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

I was surprised at the amount Looch is getting too but I'd rather see him at 4 mil than Kessel at 5 mil. People are too quick to push the panic button. The future in Boston is very bright and overpaying Looch by half a million is not going to implode this team. Savard will stay for about the same money or a little more. If you take away all the salaries that will be off the books next year you will see that we will have the cash to keep the ones we want. Stop worrying about the business end of the game and enjoy the show.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR! : FYI the cap will not drop 5 M, anyhow the numbers for 10/11 are already posted here  http://www.nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=BOS&season=0910 In all honesty I beleive if the Bs fail to go farther in the playoffs this year you can bet there will be a firesale lol..Who knows..
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

FYI The Salary Cap WILL DROP by around $5 Million dollars.

This is one example of about 50 different articles;

"Most of the league's 30 GMs figure the cap number for 2010-2011 will drop, perhaps by $5 million, given the ongoing economic woes throughout North America"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR! : FYI The Salary Cap WILL DROP by around $5 Million dollars. This is one example of about 50 different articles; "Most of the league's 30 GMs figure the cap number for 2010-2011 will drop, perhaps by $5 million, given the ongoing economic woes throughout North America"

Yah, we've heard this before. It will likely stay the same again. Here I'll make up a quote with no reference too.
    " I have it on good authority that the NHL salary cap will skyrocket to 75 million for the year 2010-2011"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR! : FYI The Salary Cap WILL DROP by around $5 Million dollars. This is one example of about 50 different articles; "Most of the league's 30 GMs figure the cap number for 2010-2011 will drop, perhaps by $5 million, given the ongoing economic woes throughout North America"

You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.
    If the Bruins don't sign some of their up and coming stars we get on managements back and if we do we still complain.
    I agree 4M might be a little too much but management must know something we don't.  Fans should just be fans because behind closed doors who knows what's going on and what's their strategy.
    The cap will not go down 5M.  It will either remain the same or go up 1M.
    Hockey revenues will go despite Phoenix.  This is what TSN said during pre-season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR! : Yah, we've heard this before. It will likely stay the same again. Here I'll make up a quote with no reference too. " I have it on good authority that the NHL salary cap will skyrocket to 75 million for the year 2010-2011"
    Posted by Reilly24[/QUOTE]

your cying baby in your avatar fits you perfectly.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2009/06/nhl_cap_figure.html

You want me to post the other 49 links too or have you figured out how to work google yet? Tool.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I like that, dam if you do and dammed if you dont. Regardless its next years worry not this years. I like the fact that Looch is here longer, big fan favorite and whats ahead can be amazing when it comes to what the Bs have in store for the future..Do or die this year might even surprise us with all the options available to chia..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from vanoosten. Show vanoosten's posts

Lucic sells the most sweaters at the gift shops in the Garden. I believe he is a marketing machine for Jacobs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR! : your cying baby in your avatar fits you perfectly. http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2009/06/nhl_cap_figure.html You want me to post the other 49 links too or have you figured out how to work google yet? Tool.
    Notice what actually happened there though:  the cap was going to go down by $2.5 million, but instead went up because of the salary accelerator.  So, does the $5 million include that?  If not, even if the numbers say it should go down by $5 million, I suspect the players will still activate the accelerator and cushion the blow so that it only goes down by about $2.5 million. (Assuming that I've understood it correctly).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Lucic sells the most sweaters at the gift shops in the Garden. I believe he is a marketing machine for Jacobs.
    Posted by vanoosten[/QUOTE]

I have 2 already ! LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I don't think that Chiarelli picks the $$ value out of a hat....I don't think this is overpaying for Looch.. who brings a lot of intangibles which we all know to the team .. Considering some of these comparisons below ? Who would you rather have?

Dustin Penner - 4.25Mil
    Scott Hartnell - 4.2 Mil
    Joffrey Lupul   - 4.25 Mil
    Tuomo Ruttu   - 3.8 Mil
    Pierre Marc Bouchard - 4,080 Mil
    Ryan Clowe - 3.8 mil
    Mike Fisher  - 4.2 Mil
    Ryan Malone - 4.5 Mil

Sections
Shortcuts