LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR!

In Response to Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR!:
    Lucic sells the most sweaters at the gift shops in the Garden. I believe he is a marketing machine for Jacobs.
    Posted by vanoosten

BINGO! I love lucic but over 4 million for a 17 goal scorer?

Bruins fans love fights and blood and buying Jerseys of those players so this was a marketing move to keep him from leaving like Kessel, unfortunately it's a cap world and this move doesn't bring you any closer to a Stanley Cup

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

In Response to Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR! : I have 2 already ! LOL
    Posted by BsLegion

Jacobs thanks you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Love the signing PC!!! Can't wait to see Looooooch mature as a player over the next 4 years! For all of you that don't like the signing let's play a little game...
    Brenden Morrow
    Patrick O'Sullivan
    Dustin Penner
    Sean Avery
    Scott Hartnell
    Milan Lucic
    Question: What do all of these players have in common
    Answer: They are all $4 million players.
    I don't know about you but I'll take Lucic every day and twice on Sunday from that list at that price.
    Now for some funny math. Sure, the Lucic deal tightens NEXT years cap, but keep in mind that Savard, Ference, Murray, Thornton, Recchi, Rask, Wheeler, Stuart and Morris come off the books next year for approximately $13 million. That allows the Bruins to keep Savard at $6 million and keep two of the next three at $3.50 million: Rask, Stuart or Wheeler. Or by trading Kobesew, you can keep all three at $3.25 million.
    Still loving the deal!
    Go B's!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmjoh0. Show cmjoh0's posts

In Response to LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR!:
    Over 4 Million for Lucic?! Has Chiarelli damnn mind? Listen I loooove Lucic... He is no Neely... I don't know why he was ever even compared to Neely in the first place? Neely was a 50 goal scorer and the preimeir power foward in the NHL. Lucic is a fighter, he is a great energy guy, a great role player and he can pop in 20 goals for you a season those kind of players are worth  2M-2.5M If you spend 4 Million on Lucic you can kiss any shot of a Cup goodbye. The cap is going down and you have too many overpaid guys on this team already, not too mention you have Savard coming up who will get 6M+ if he has a good year this year. Chiarelli has a terrible habit of giving guys an extra Million in thier contract and it is going to be the teams downfall in the end I fear
    Posted by Nolakanookie2

Nolakanookie,

In their first 2 full years of NHL play, Neely and Looch put up these numbers:

Games       Goals       Assists       Points

Looch:               77            8             19             27          
                            72            17           25             42

Neely:                72            21           18             39
                            73            14            20             34

Fairly similar if you ask me.  Neely scored more goals initially but they are pretty close and I think Looch will find his scoring touch as he grows.  Im not saying Looch is going to be the next Cam Neely, but I think it is too early to say exactly what type of player he will turn into in the next few years.  But, I am excited about knowing I will be able to see him do it in a Bruins sweater.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Disk0thek. Show Disk0thek's posts

I don't think that Chiarelli picks the $$ value out of a hat....I don't think this is overpaying for Looch.. who brings a lot of intangibles which we all know to the team .. Considering some of these comparisons below ? Who would you rather have? Dustin Penner - 4.25Mil Scott Hartnell - 4.2 Mil Joffrey Lupul   - 4.25 Mil Tuomo Ruttu   - 3.8 Mil Pierre Marc Bouchard - 4,080 Mil Ryan Clowe - 3.8 mil Mike Fisher  - 4.2 Mil Ryan Malone - 4.5 Mil
    Posted by cowboys9

Thank you for posting this.  I'd take Lucic over any of these guys.  You Chia bashers are pathetic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

Milan is the heart and soul of the Bruins he will become a SUPERSTAR , he already is ...he will score 35 goals and more within ayear or two ....$4MM is a real deal for the BRUINS Can you imagine the team without him ???  No way GO BRUINS ! 
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010

His highest total so far is 17... He is going to more then double that production because he got crazy money?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR! : Jacobs thanks you.
    Posted by damngood

I know I chose to buy it.   It's not like I'm going the support the Pens with a Guerin jersey.
    But you're correct on the bringing in the loot.
    That's what Neely meant last year when was quoted in saying in Boston they like players that play like " a Bruin" !
    Kessel didn't have those characteristics.
    Like I said I think there's a bigger picture, plan the Bruins have for next year.
    Let's wait and see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

In Response to Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR! : I know I chose to buy it.   It's not like I'm going the support the Pens with a Guerin jersey. But you're correct on the bringing in the loot. That's what Neely meant last year when was quoted in saying in Boston they like players that play like " a Bruin" ! Kessel didn't have those characteristics. Like I said I think there's a bigger picture, plan the Bruins have for next year. Let's wait and see.
    Posted by BsLegion

Your right, Kessel only fought through Cancer, Mono, a torn rotator cuff and torn labrum, was tied for the most goals in the playoffs, had the most goals in the regular season, and is a point a game player in his playoff career.

First time I agree with you though, there is nothing that is Bruin like in that, at least not for the last 20 years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

You might note, in the Globe article, that a player agent surmised the going rate for Lucic would be between $4 million and $4.5 million. It cracks me up when casual fans announce - with authority! - what a player is worth. So you know better than NHL GMs and agents?

Goal-scoring is only part of the game, though it's the part that many fans understand best. The people who are actually involved in the game, however, know better.

Seriously, if Kessel - by all accounts, a good goal-scorer but an incomplete player - received more than $5 million as an RFA, what on earth do you think Lucic would command? You'd have GMs lining up to throw offer sheets at him. This is a  young, dynamic, powerful, absolutely UNIQUE talent, and thank God the Bruins have signed him up for three more years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

remember how the cap was supposed to drop last year...

and it increased.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR! : Your right, Kessel only fought through Cancer, Mono, a torn rotator cuff and torn labrum, was tied for the most goals in the playoffs, had the most goals in the regular season, and is a point a game player in his playoff career. First time I agree with you though, there is nothing that is Bruin like in that, at least not for the last 20 years.
    Posted by damngood

Not disagreeing with you on Kess. My beliefs are different than a those of management if the reason that he was traded was not being  " Bruin like".
    but this we've talked about enough.
    Good post though DamnGood.
    Hey we can all be happy go lucky and always agreeing. Not healthy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

In Response to Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR! : your cying baby in your avatar fits you perfectly. http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2009/06/nhl_cap_figure.html You want me to post the other 49 links too or have you figured out how to work google yet? Tool.
    Posted by damngood

You are basing your arguement on this quote...  "Most of the league's 30 GMs figure the cap number for 2010-2011 will drop, perhaps by $5 million, given the ongoing economic woes throughout North America".
    It's called speculation moron. Just like the speculation that this years cap would go down. The word "perhaps" and "most". Shirley you don't believe this crud.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealist. Show TheRealist's posts

remember how the cap was supposed to drop last year... and it increased.
    Posted by Pezell04x

No it wasn't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealist. Show TheRealist's posts

This deal is not that outrageous when you consider that Looch is being underpaid both this year and last year ($0.85M per season, bonuses included). It's just evening thing out.
    Posted by Klaas

It's called a rookie deal! Hello!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

I love Lucic like everybody......I enjoy his fights, his hard body check, I know he brings alot of spirit and can change the rythm of the game.

But, StanleyCuptotheBruins, I don't believe he'll score 35 goals sometime in his carreer. He can improve, but, we already can see that Milan IS NOT a high skilled scorer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

In Response to Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR! : No it wasn't.
    Posted by TheRealist

Yes it was!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealist. Show TheRealist's posts

In Response to Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR! : Yes it was!
    Posted by Reilly24

Hey dingleberry for the last 18 months it was said THIS YEAR the salary cap would stay the same or go up slightly and it did and NEXT YEAR it was going to go down a fair chunk. Get a clue dude

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tukkainnet. Show tukkainnet's posts

Pretty sure I remember reading several articles that stated the cap would drop slightly this past off season as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

You might note, in the Globe article, that a player agent surmised the going rate for Lucic would be between $4 million and $4.5 million. It cracks me up when casual fans announce - with authority! - what a player is worth. So you know better than NHL GMs and agents? Goal-scoring is only part of the game, though it's the part that many fans understand best. The people who are actually involved in the game, however, know better. Seriously, if Kessel - by all accounts, a good goal-scorer but an incomplete player - received more than $5 million as an RFA, what on earth do you think Lucic would command? You'd have GMs lining up to throw offer sheets at him. This is a  young, dynamic, powerful, absolutely UNIQUE talent, and thank God the Bruins have signed him up for three more years.
    Posted by duinne

You are 100% correct! I can't believe anyone would complain about giving him whatever it took to keep him in Boston. Same old story...people who know nothing about hockey equate scoring goals with value. Every team in the league would fight over the chance to have him on thier club.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

In Response to Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR! : Hey dingleberry for the last 18 months it was said THIS YEAR the salary cap would stay the same or go up slightly and it did and NEXT YEAR it was going to go down a fair chunk. Get a clue dude
    Posted by TheRealist

Wake up and smell the coffee dummy. The cap was supposed to go down this season. That is a fact.
    Here is one of thousands of links.
    http://forum.canucks.com/lofiversion/index.php/t238425.html
    Do some research before you make yourself look stupid next time. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: LUCIC MAKING OVER $4 MILLION A YEAR! : Wake up and smell the coffee dummy. The cap was supposed to go down this season. That is a fact. Here is one of thousands of links. http://forum.canucks.com/lofiversion/index.php/t238425.html Do some research before you make yourself look stupid next time. 
    Posted by Reilly24

Thank you for digging this up, that actually proves surprisingly enlightening.  So as predicted the cap ended up going down by $2.5 million, before the 5% salary accelerator was applied (giving the net small gain).
    This suggests that the predicted $5 million drop might be reasonably accurate, however if the economy shows any sign of life (or porbabaly just not getting worse) the accelerator will likely be applied again, and the drop will only be $2.5 million +/-.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

4 million for Lucic. I think this a great deal. 4 million for 1 less free agent media fiasco. This buys peace of mind on the team as well. All they need to do is sign Savard. I would let Wheeler go if it means keeping Savard. Lucic would have been offered more than 4 mill at the end of this year for sure. The Bruins have avoided a bidding war.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Imagine, if you will, that last year Chiarelli had given Kessel a contract extension of 25m over 4 years (or whatever he is now on).

How many of the posters who are complaining about the Lucic deal would be saying; 'He's too soft', 'Too much after 1 good season', 'Now we can't resign Lucic, Savard.. '. blah blah.

You have to trust that management know what they're doing and have a plan. The improvement in the team over the past few years is plain to see.

Have faith. Times are good. Cool

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I agree....Keeping Savard is the top priority followed by Rask. After that Im not concerned. We have upcoming rookies in Hamill, Sobotka, Arniel, Boychuk that can fill in nicely. Plus we have several #1 picks. Who knows, who ever that is, could make the team.

Lots of good info from you guys posting. Especially with those players off the books next year. Definitely a good chance resigning Savard. Id like to see them get Savard signed before this season is over. That would put all us fans at ease.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Definitely Sign Savard to a 5 year deal. We will have him for the remainder of his career hopefully

Sections
Shortcuts