Lucic out up to 4 weeks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

Lucic out up to 4 weeks

10:40 p.m.
    Boston Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli says that Milan Lucic has a high-ankle sprain.

"He'll probably be out for around four weeks," said Chiarelli. "It could be less, but with these things it's difficult [to predict].

"It could be less and it could be a little more."

Lucic had played the last four games after returning from a hand injury suffered on Oct. 16th versus Dallas.

He had goals against Buffalo and St. Louis and was 2-3-5 in 10 games played this season.

His replacement, Vladimir Sobotka, has 1-2-3 totals in 15 games this season, but did not dress in the Bruins last two contests.

Sobotka was recalled on Oct. 18th from Providence.

"We'll have to add a player at some point; that'll be from Providence," said Chiarelli of his contingency plan. "Vladdy will go into the lineup, obviously."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianMT. Show BrianMT's posts

Re: Lucic out up to 4 weeks

not great but could be a lot worse.  Hopefully he can make the winter classic game. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It looked allot worse. At least his hand will be fully recovered by the time he comes back which means he'll be able to everything he was able to do before both injuries. Sobotka-Paille-Wheeler should be reunited for this short time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hendy77. Show hendy77's posts

"High" ankle sprains are tough recoveries. I had one a few years back and the doctor told me I would have been better off breaking it.

I if course, didn't have access to the same recovery resources that Looch has, so here's hoping he's back quick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

He's a young guy so here's hoping that is a plus in his recovery time, along with all the extra medical/rehab attention these guys get when hurt. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

I like Sobotka this year. He's loads better than last season. He plays an physical and aggressive game in terms of offense.

Sections
Shortcuts