Lucic overpaid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrPingu. Show MrPingu's posts

Lucic overpaid

Rookie sensation, is no longer a threat on the ice. Can't skate, doesn't hit, fight or strike fear. Big contract, no show.. not impressed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Re: Lucic overpaid

In Response to Lucic overpaid:
    Rookie sensation, is no longer a threat on the ice. Can't skate, doesn't hit, fight or strike fear. Big contract, no show.. not impressed.
    Posted by MrPingu

Here we go again... Lucic's big money contract doesn't begin until next season so cut him some slack.. secondlym he is obviously injured pretty badly but trying to work thru it.. while playing injured.. his game isn't what it should be when he is 100%. you have a right to your opinion and I respect that.. and I would tend to agree with your observation based on recent performance hoever knowing that he is playing thru serious injury ( which effects his skating, scoring and fighting) I would reserve judgement until he is 100% .. probably next year sometime.. I kinda thought this subject had been beaten to death over the past few days.. maybe you didn't catch any of that....  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

MrPingu = moron-- next!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic overpaid:
    In Response to Lucic overpaid : Here we go again... Lucic's big money contract doesn't begin until next season so cut him some slack.. secondlym he is obviously injured pretty badly but trying to work thru it.. while playing injured.. his game isn't what it should be when he is 100%. you have a right to your opinion and I respect that.. and I would tend to agree with your observation based on recent performance hoever knowing that he is playing thru serious injury ( which effects his skating, scoring and fighting) I would reserve judgement until he is 100% .. probably next year sometime.. I kinda thought this subject had been beaten to death over the past few days.. maybe you didn't catch any of that....  
    Posted by SupportLocal81

Agree 100%.It's almost as if people are mad at Lucic for getting hurt and then trying to play through it.I have no doubt these same "fans" would be questioning Lucic's heart had he chosen to sit out rather than play through the pain.With all of the injuries this year a number of players have been forced to play at less than full health.I applaud the efforts of players like Lucic and the sacrifices he makes for the team.And just like last years playoffs for example,we know that Lucic is able to take his game to another level when healthy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThisIsBruinsCountry. Show ThisIsBruinsCountry's posts

The guy's been hurt all season.  If he crap$ it up next year, I'll give you the over paid stuff.

I personally think the guys somewhere between an O'reily and a Neely.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

First he breaks a finger , fracture i believe , so i don't think he was going to be too eager to fight when he first came back . Just when his hand was starting to feel better and his playing level was rising he suffers a high ankle sprain which still bothers him . Throw in a broken shnozz (once again affecting his ability to fight )  and poor ol' Looch has been having a rough season .Lets cut him some slack . He"s a keeper for sure . Well worth the money . 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Actually, if you watch and you may have observed, Looch has played some pretty good hockey lately. Which, in my mind, lends further creedence to the belief that he was and probably continues to play hurt. I think he's coming around and will be just fine for the remainder of the season.  Lay off the kid, and so what if he doesn't win every fight - all tough guys lose occassionally even Colton Orr.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I'll say it again, I LOVE THE LUCIC WRIST SHOT

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Lucic will be back in form just in time for playoffs once and if we get in playoffs. Next season after resting and rebuilding his injury he will  be back next season with redemption with 20 to 30 goals.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Looch has been good lately, and has a 3 game point streak i believe, but don't hold me to that.. he has also shown some decent hands in the offensive zone, clearly his skating and physical play is not where it needs to be but thats the least of my concerns as he gets healthy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

So he is not worth the $850,000 he is making.  I believe Begin is making a similar amount and I will take Lucic over Begin any day of the week.  Lucic will be making 4 mill next year and we can judge whether he is worth that amount next year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

So he is not worth the $850,000 he is making.  I believe Begin is making a similar amount and I will take Lucic over Begin any day of the week.  Lucic will be making 4 mill next year and we can judge whether he is worth that amount next year.
    Posted by Orrthebest

I don't think its fully fair to base it on next year either, I think he is young and some of that money is based on he will progress.. The contract could have been a 3m - 4m - 5m etc.. I think the even cap hit is probably what he preferred, and the club can move him in that last year more easily as well if they decide..

But you have to judge the contract over the life of the contract, you can't analyze the player season to season  in a 3 year deal, especially if he is still developing..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic overpaid : Keep taking the bone Triumph.. go play with your toys
    Posted by MrPingu

Pingu
    There is no need to point out the obvious...that you don't know what you are talking about;  As evidence I present the folling facts:
    1.  Lucic is getting paid aboug $850,000 this season, a fraction of what nearly every other player on the team is making; and
    2.  Even playing hurt, he outplays 75% of the rest of the team (think Wideman & Co.)

So if you are complaining about him making $850k, then you are an idiot.  What is next, are you going to complain that Savard doesn't have heart because he didn't come back before the playoffs? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I think Lucic has had a rough season and at times looked like he isn't trying to hard out there.  That said I really believe over the last few games he has looked much better (didn't see the NJ game..no versus).  He seems to be more focused on the offensive, putting himself in good positions to score, and I like the new line he is in.  I think the physical game will return soon....if we are lucky Thursday night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Milan puts butts in the seats at the Gardens. That is why he will be highly paid. I promise you this, if Lucic was put up for trade, 29 GMs would be knocking on PC door non-stop until he opened it.
    He is an Attraction!!!!! We love him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Just for demolishing Homoserik last year earns him $7mil a year for-ever.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

In Response to Lucic overpaid : Just like all the Bruins.
    Posted by Triumph-

Triumph, you're annoying. Isn't there an electrical socket somewhere that you can go stick your d!ck in?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I think criticizing Lucic when he's been injured most of the year is not fair.  If you look at his stats in the last 10 games it is not too bad.  I expect that to improve if he can stay healthy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

He is actually 4th on the Bruins with 110 hits in half the games played.  He has more hits then Shawn Thornton.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

First: 6/27/2009
    Last: 3/17/2010
    MrPingu = moron-- next!
    Posted by JYaso

JYassole - no need to get personal, jerk - next

Not getting personal-- Just sick of the idiotic bashing of Lucic and these posts of people not knowing jack about anything.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Lucic will be fine once he heals up in the off season so let's reserve judgement till then.. In the meantime, he is playing through some injuries and appearsto be improving in each game.. Hopefully, he can keep that trend going...   I fail to see why any of us are hyper-focused on the amount of money any player makes anyway.. That's called free -enterprise and if GMs are willing to over-pay someone.. more power to them..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He is actually 4th on the Bruins with 110 hits in half the games played.  He has more hits then Shawn Thornton.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

Great stat Tuuk !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

I will give him a pass begrugly for this season. If he returns to last seasons point totals and intesity then I don't have a problem with the contract going forward. Although even the year he had last season its debatable if hes worth 4 mill I will say he is for all the other stuff he brings. Heck Looch even got my father back into being a bruins fan after he swore he was done with them after the thorton trade.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He's been getting good snaps at the net.  Coming around slowly.
    When I played , being 6ft+ my coaches always expected me to hit but I was more like a Wheeler,  good skater, big and timid. Sure would get pumped every once in a while but was never a hitting machine.
    I know I'll get slack on this comparison.
    Anways,  hitting is all about timing and with Looch being out so many games his timing has been off,  it's coming back slowly.  His skating has been affected also and that doesn't help. He was never the most fleet of skaters around although he could line you up !
    I'm certain he'll return to form.
    As for his contract, well,  you cannot blame him for signing it.  If anyone is upset then complain to the GM.