Lucic - Salary Cap information

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

Lucic - Salary Cap information

Lucic needs to go.

He is not a hard worker at all.  Signed his big contract during this past summer and has now just flopped (probably expected that the name he made for himself last year would scare everyone off, Phaneuf didn't get that memo and exposed Lucic's continuing weakness).

Watch him, even after he gives the puck up there is no effort to backcheck, he takes a few strides and then coasts around the ice.  He gets caught on his off-wing regularly, and handling the puck has just escaped him altogether. 

I know a lot of you don't want to hear this, but he needs to be traded in the off-season while he still has value.  If you check out nhlnumbers.com after next year we have some UFA that we need to re-sign that will probably want top dollars.  We'll need to re-sign Chara (you can not let him go), Bergeron, and Krecji to keep a solid core together (eventually we'll have to sign Raask long-term as well).

I also feel this summer the re-signable UFA & RFA players are; Paille (get this guy long-term, hardworking player), Thornton, Stuart, Boychuk, McQuaid, and Wheeler.

Sorry Lucic, but you're out in my books. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

Re: Lucic - Salary Cap information

Sorry as well, but there are plenty of teams that would take Lucic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

I was never a fan of Lucic's new contract. It was too much too soon for a player yet to prove his long-term effectiveness. Having said that he can't be traded until after next season. When he will have an entire season to prove he was worth of all the hype he got in the 2008-09 season. At that point he can be revaluated.
       I'm sorry bruinsking you feel that way about our future Captain Bergeron, but he'll be in a Bruin's uniform for many years to come.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

I was commenting on how you implied he was not worth the money he's being paid and continue to get paid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

Lucic is killing us with his horrid give aways and his molases slow skating. The contract might be just as bad as ryders another great sighningby pc. PC needs to go

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

I still disagree bruinsking, he is absolutely worth 5 million. He has and does everything a coach could ask of him. He is one of the best faceoff men in the NHL, he is one of the best penalty killing fowards in the NHL, He plays any of the three foward postions, he is an excellent forechecker, and passer.
       The only thing he has not done consitently since his return from injury is score and it's only a matter of time until that returns. As we all saw last night against Toronto he still has a scoring touch. I think we all need to stop looking at a player's score sheet to judge their worth.
       Finally I don't think he will demand a pay raise. The economy has changed since his last contract was signed, I think he will follow the trend and sign long term and at a low cap hit i.e. Savard and Krejci.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Umm, guys, if you haven't realized yet, his highly sprained ankle still isn't fully healed.  He was back on the ice as soon as he could walk, and even though it hurt, he still decided he wanted to try and do what he can for the team.  He heavily tapes it before every game and practice.  Did you watch him last night when Primeau walked right by him?  He made an effort to get back but his ankle still has very little flexibility.  He doesn't need to be traded he is a fan favorite.  And don't judge his contract just based on this year.  He was playing very well until he got hurt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

Agreed!! Lucic is lost right now on the ice. Lucic and Thomas' contracts were huge mistakes in terms of value.

BTW... a big no thanks to re-signing Chara. Gone at deadline next year

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Lucic is giving this team what he can.  Watch the play again.  It is amazing that he is playing again at all this season.  We will find out after the season that he was damaged more then they have said publicly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

The best case senerio for Lucic and the rest of the injured Bruins is a long summer to heal up and the way they're playing that's exactly what they will get. I fully expect all the under performing Bruins to come back next season with a vengeance and those that don't will be shipped out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

I unfortunately have to disagree when it comes to Chara.  He's definitely a keeper.  Living in Ottawa there is not a day that goes by that I don't hear a fan wish they had Chara back.

Chara is the main reason the B's are #1 on the penalty kill.  Maybe he's not as flashy as Bourque, or #4, but he is incredibly dependable in bad situations.  The guy can cover both sides of the net with his reach for crying out loud. Surprised

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThisIsBruinsCountry. Show ThisIsBruinsCountry's posts

I will give Lucic a do over for the year.  He's been hurt and probably playing hurt.  He does need to step up big next season, 20 plus goals and hammering everyone all over the ice again.

I have faith in Looch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisbruinsfan1985. Show chrisbruinsfan1985's posts

If Chara leaves its not going to be because he is trying to go to a better team. It is going to be because he has a better offer.

Wake up