Lucic should refrain from fighting now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Lucic should refrain from fighting now

After signing a contract to our future big Bruin. (a) he can fight (b) he can hit (c)he is able to score goals. If he retain from fighting, he can be that position power forward that Neely once was and Looch can be 40 to 50 goal scorer but he will need to spend less time in the box. I personally do not want to see a future, go break his hand or wrist by cracking open other players coconuts. He has already proven himself he is fearless now do what Neely did best score goals. His future set up man either will be Bergeron or Krejci, Boston will be crazy to trade them, I want Bergeron to have a healthy year he is still young enough to get better physical. I am curious who is Boston tough guy in Providence at the moment that can be PT enforcer in the NHL for ugly games the Bruins will be playing in the future. We have Thornton and Begin to help Lucic retain from fighting but we need another enforcer for PT occupation. I thought of McIntyre from Edmonton, He cannot score but will drop gloves when needed for extra security but fellow Bruiners what is your opinion on reinforcement?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TommyD603. Show TommyD603's posts

Re: Lucic should retain from fighting now

Why do you think Lucic can just "score goals"? It's hard to do. He's improving in that department and I'm sure he will score more, but he doesn't have Neely's talent level. Might he develop it? Possssssibly. In the mean time, he got that contract because of the way he plays. Why would you change anything if you were him? Just keep working hard, try to improve your skill set, and in the mean time REMAIN that physically imposing force out there that keeps defenders knees knocking instead of them running over Savvy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Disk0thek. Show Disk0thek's posts

40-50 goals?  I wish I had your optimism.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JPinNH. Show JPinNH's posts

Totally disagree.  If Lucic doesn't fight, there goes a major part of his game.  The injury risk is there, but it's there for every guy who laces up the skates each night.  There are tons of pure fighters and goons who have had 15 year careers.  Lucic doesn't fight every game, and we've seen nothing to indicate that he's injury prone.

As for other fighters, Shawn Thornton is not old and loves it in Boston.  Why do we need more than that?  Other NHL clubs would love to have two guys who can fight as well as Looch and Thornton, and the fact that both of them can play hockey is a bonus.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

How does retain fit in this sentence???  Anyway, I think Looch should just play the way he has always played, the goals may or may not come but the physical presence will always be there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

Re: Lucic should refrain from fighting now

lots of hot sports takes going on in here lol

Come on man, Lucic is a fighter, a power forward, an enforcer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JPinNH. Show JPinNH's posts

And the word you were looking for is "refrain"...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SluggyBuggy. Show SluggyBuggy's posts

Im hoping he continues to average atleast 10 fights a year

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

Lucic is still making peanuts this year. Which means he still owes us some fights.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RyanBhoy. Show RyanBhoy's posts

Refuse to fight? You must be joking. It's part of him like it twas a part of Neely.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

I'd be surprised if he developed into a 30 goal scorer! 40-50? Get a clue.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Revisionist history at its best. Neely was a fighter as well as a goal-scorer.

Also, Lucic is not an enforcer, Thornton is.

Lucic's fights, like Chara's, are more heat-of-the-game, come-to-a-teammate's-defense bouts.

Funny how so many fans of hockey don't understand the difference.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Lucic should refrain from fighting is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard! Looch is the force that he is due to his fighting its part of what he is and what he does. Its part of his package and a very essential part too. If the word get out Looch is not fighting, don't you think opposing players might take a few more liberties than normal? When someone is fantastic at something you don't tell them not to do it. He will be smart and pick his battles anyhow, he's not just filling a quota.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Also he's probably been fighting his whole life. To tell him to stop is rediculous. It'd be like the Red Sox telling Billy Wagner, "Look, we want to teach you a new pitch arsenal". He's been using the pitches he does his whole career! How's he gonna change? Stupid post.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

My buddy here in Southern Ontario who is Bruins fan also said what everyone on this post said that his style is in your face and do not fix something that already works. Thanks for the input fellow Bruiners and I'll come up with another post just to stir the pot. Lets go Bruins and be physical tommorrow against Anahiem. I still think his goal scoring will improve.