Lucic Silencing Critics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Lucic Silencing Critics

I haven't heard all the cries of Lucic being way overpaid so far this year on this forum.Points in all four games while staying physical.Hope and expect the hot start  will lead to all career highs while still creating space for his linemates(Gordie Howe hat-trick tonight).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Lucic Silencing Critics

He's healthy and confident plus he clicks with Horton. I remember Sinden advising Neely to go to the press box during the 92' season to watch some games as Cam was trying to come back from those Samuelsson hits in the 91' playoffs.

Sitting in the stands watching, learning some more, praying to get back at it as soon as possible helps the hunger even more. Neely said it helped him when he finally did get back to score a ton in 93'.

Not saying Lucic will score 50 probably never will but he sure looks like he never wants to be on the sidelines again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic Silencing Critics:
    [QUOTE]He's healthy and confident plus he clicks with Horton. I remember Sinden advising Neely to go to the press box during the 92' season to watch some games as Cam was trying to come back from those Samuelsson hits in the 91' playoffs. Sitting in the stands watching, learning some more, praying to get back at it as soon as possible helps the hunger even more. Neely said it helped him when he finally did get back to score a ton in 93'. Not saying Lucic will score 50 probably never will but he sure looks like he never wants to be on the sidelines again.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    60+points while still playing rugged seems to be well within his reach though

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

his health is key.  he is a beast and is still young and learning the game

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Love this guy!!!! He's a HOCKEY PLAYER.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

yeah where's all the nay sayers now! The guy has an injury filled year and idiots call for his head. Good to see Looch getting confident early and lighting it up a little.
    I personally can't wait until we play Toronto so we can see wimps like Phanuef and Komiserik get their *sses handed to them!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]his health is key.  he is a beast and is still young and learning the game
    Posted by bostondynNASTY[/QUOTE]

Completely agree.  High ankle sprain last year really hurt his stride and strength.  He's back and healthy and obviously enjoying playing with 46 and 18.

Two years ago, I went to the Gaaaahden (I don't get to go very often at all) and my young son nudged me in the arm with his elbow as we were looking at different jerseys being worn around the concourse.  I had my HNIDY 34 on but my boy was much more intrigued buy a guy wearing ASSKICKER 17.  Enough said.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Let me start by saying that I like what I'm seeing from Lucic so far and I realize that he is contributing in all facets of the game. With that said, I still think he looks hesitant this year in the physical department. He just doesn't look like the Lucic of 2 years ago. I want to know what you think. Do you believe that this is a guy who still may be feeling the effects of an injury or has he just refined his game and is becoming more selective when it comes to hitting/fighting ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

[QUOTE]Let me start by saying that I like what I'm seeing from Lucic so far and I realize that he is contributing in all facets of the game. With that said, I still think he looks hesitant this year in the physical department. He just doesn't look like the Lucic of 2 years ago. I want to know what you think. Do you believe that this is a guy who still may be feeling the effects of an injury or has he just refined his game and is becoming more selective when it comes to hitting/fighting ?
    Posted by ed121501[/QUOTE]

HMM i must be watching a different Bruins team.  hes #17 right?  seems pretty phsical to me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

If you watch the Bruins, you would of seen that Lucic, Ryder, Krejci and Sobotka were the best players in the playoffs last year.

The Lucic, Krecji and Horton line could be one of the top 5 lines in the NHL by years end.

Lucic was hurt last year. This fanbase doesn't understand that. Just like the current Savard injury.

It a typical miserable northeastern US mentality. These guys are humans.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Never paid attention to the "critics".  The man had a high ankle sprain.  Those who have not had one would criticize from a point of ignorance.  Lucic would be fine on any line where skilled players need room.  He can agitate when needed and lastly he elevates his game during crucial times, like the playoffs.  The next time he slumps the "overpaid" remarks will abound.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, but I think I see what ed's saying.  Lucic is playing the body, but so far he hasn't blasted anyone through the glass.  (Side note - I've been appreciating how well he uses his mass to absorb hits, protect the puck, and make a play.  Jason Allison was terrific at this too.  Guys actually take themselves out of position by trying to hit him then bouncing off.)

Probably a combination of ed's suggested reasons for a more controlled Lucic.  He's in better position to get those sweet feeds from Krejci - and to beat guys to establish position in front - if he's not constantly reloading after a huge hit attempt.  Watch his goal vs. the Devils for example.  He comes across to support Horton, but instead of pinballing into the pile, he occupies a guy long enough for Horton to push the puck to Krejci.  Lucic then has position to break for the net and take the pass from Krejci for a tap in.

Can't discount the injury side of it, though you can't know what's going on in his head and we haven't really seen enough to justify speculating.  No signs of him pulling up or favoring the leg (or schnozz).  Landed a few good, solid shot on Erskine last night - notice the one he slips under Erskine's chin that causes the big man to go for the clutch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Lucic healthy makes changes .  That first line combination will be dominant all year long.  Lucic and Norton to pound the D and Krejci to deliver magical passes.  I just hope that some chemistry will show soon on the other lines.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

I thought this line was going to be a pretty good line from the start. But I never knew they would gel so quickly and be as good as they are. I think this trio will score close to 100 goals this year. Right now they are on pace for 140+.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

this is a bad thread. The guy is a stud hockey player, what critics?. He proved it game 7 last year vs philly. He will score close to 50 points this year, crunching hits, entertaining fights.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Many teams would pay him big $$$$$  he is physical ...dominant ..good hands and a leader ....he should get 35 G this year ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I would be one of the so called critics.  I am glad he is playing great and the line looks very good.  I hope it continues.  But 2 weeks does not make a full year.  I think him playing on that line creates a lot.  Love Krejci and with Horton this is a very good #1 line.  Which is very very nice to see.  Our biggest problem was scoring last year.  I think we still need a balanced attack to win in the East. 
    I mean I was a TT supporter over Rask.  Am I right?  The season has just begun.  Lets not jinx it.  But if you ask if I think he is worth 4 mil/ I say no.  I think he should have played and earned it like most players.  Guys like Crosby/Ovie are different breeds and need to be locked up.  But to give Lucic that kinda money so early wasn't good business.  I mean a guy like Bobby Ryan waited.  He got paid.  He deserved it from his product on the ice. 

So no I don't think he is worth it at this point. 50-60 pts is 4 million.  Yeah I suppose it is.  But we are also up against the cap as well with not a lot of wiggle room. But whats the point of arguing money.  Whats done is done.  I think Lucic/Ference/TT/Ryder were terrible contracts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teddytheo. Show Teddytheo's posts

Lucic's earning his oats. Of course last year he was not what he could be due to his injury. I foresee 40 - 60 points from Lucic this season. Best of all he's not a cream puff in the playoffs (see 20 points in 30 playoff games .. and counting).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

I agree Lucic should get 25 and anything more would be a luxury. 25 goals and 25 assists is what is expected of him

The guy can score a little but he is actually a better passer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I would be one of the so called critics.  I am glad he is playing great and the line looks very good.  I hope it continues.  But 2 weeks does not make a full year.  I think him playing on that line creates a lot.  Love Krejci and with Horton this is a very good #1 line.  Which is very very nice to see.  Our biggest problem was scoring last year.  I think we still need a balanced attack to win in the East.  I mean I was a TT supporter over Rask.  Am I right?  The season has just begun.  Lets not jinx it.  But if you ask if I think he is worth 4 mil/ I say no.  I think he should have played and earned it like most players.  Guys like Crosby/Ovie are different breeds and need to be locked up.  But to give Lucic that kinda money so early wasn't good business.  I mean a guy like Bobby Ryan waited.  He got paid.  He deserved it from his product on the ice.  So no I don't think he is worth it at this point. 50-60 pts is 4 million.  Yeah I suppose it is.  But we are also up against the cap as well with not a lot of wiggle room. But whats the point of arguing money.  Whats done is done.  I think Lucic/Ference/TT/Ryder were terrible contracts.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    I personally wouldn't trade Lucic for bobby ryan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robardo. Show Robardo's posts

Dreaming of the 17-18-19 line

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

shuperman,  my only cringe was that contract but then again I'm getting old and all this money they make always seems too much LOL.
    I gave Lucic a pass last season due to all his injuries.  He'll have to prove he's worth for that 4m this season, healthy.
    Lucic did play very well in the playoffs and might have been one of the Bruins best.
    What I didn't like to hear were the critics saying Lucic and Savard coming from slow seasons last year.  THEY WERE INJURED !  Even Crosby's point production would be down from the year before if he had to deal with all those injury issues.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

dez, if you wouldnt trade Lucic for Bobby Ryan you are crazy for coco puffs.  Bobby Ryan is one of the leagues best power fwds and will put up more goals in 5 yrs than Lucic will in his career.  Its fine to be a homer.  But Lucic just isnt that good.  Would you trade Lucic for Stewart in Colorado? I can't believe I just read that.  I don't wanna trade Lucic.  But by no means is he untouchable.  Not even close.   

BS,

I hear ya man.  That contract was premature.  Let him play, build his resume and then give him the money.  And I always think Lucic will be a playoff guy.  25 goals and 60 pts, banging and providing leadership is a quality I won't grow tired of.  I am just tired of the Cam comparisons.  He won't lead this team by himself.  Cam could take a team on his shoulders and do everything.  Cam is a HOFer and is the fwd who broke the ground on power fwds. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

[QUOTE]I would be one of the so called critics.  I am glad he is playing great and the line looks very good.  I hope it continues.  But 2 weeks does not make a full year.  I think him playing on that line creates a lot.  Love Krejci and with Horton this is a very good #1 line.  Which is very very nice to see.  Our biggest problem was scoring last year.  I think we still need a balanced attack to win in the East.  I mean I was a TT supporter over Rask.  Am I right?  The season has just begun.  Lets not jinx it.  But if you ask if I think he is worth 4 mil/ I say no.  I think he should have played and earned it like most players.  Guys like Crosby/Ovie are different breeds and need to be locked up.  But to give Lucic that kinda money so early wasn't good business.  I mean a guy like Bobby Ryan waited.  He got paid.  He deserved it from his product on the ice.  So no I don't think he is worth it at this point. 50-60 pts is 4 million.  Yeah I suppose it is.  But we are also up against the cap as well with not a lot of wiggle room. But whats the point of arguing money.  Whats done is done.  I think Lucic/Ference/TT/Ryder were terrible contracts.

And Bobby Ryan put Anaheim GM Bob Murray through a Hades-ish summer because of it.  There were rumors the Flyers (and others) were going to make an RFA offer to Ryan, a native of nearby Cherry Hill, NJ.  Ryan didn't sign his new deal until late September, bleeding the circomstances for all they were worth.  

In renewing Lucic a year before he had to, Chiarelli snuffed out the possibility of any potential RFA offers being made to Lucic, avoiding distractions to the both the player and the team in the process.  PC was smart.  He knew it was highly likely that Lucic would receive 2 or more offers as an RFA, as he personifies that rare blend of talent and toughness that is so highly sought after in the NHL. 

Lucic's $4 million per year extension kicked in this season, and it would appear he's about on time with it physically and mentally.  If he winds up with 50-60 points, is a plus player with good PP production and 100 PIMs, Lucic will be worth every dime of his new contract.  Okay, so Lucic got hurt 2-3 times last year, and played hurt most of the season and wasn't the same guy.  That does not reflect in any way on Chiarelli's decision to renew him early. 

As Lucic's doctor said regarding severe high ankle sprains,  it takes a full year to get over them.  One year for Lucic will be mid-November I believe.  He's showing plenty of signs he's well on his way back.                                                   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]dez, if you wouldnt trade Lucic for Bobby Ryan you are crazy for coco puffs.  Bobby Ryan is one of the leagues best power fwds and will put up more goals in 5 yrs than Lucic will in his career.  Its fine to be a homer.  But Lucic just isnt that good.  Would you trade Lucic for Stewart in Colorado? I can't believe I just read that.  I don't wanna trade Lucic.  But by no means is he untouchable.  Not even close.    BS, I hear ya man.  That contract was premature.  Let him play, build his resume and then give him the money.  And I always think Lucic will be a playoff guy.  25 goals and 60 pts, banging and providing leadership is a quality I won't grow tired of.  I am just tired of the Cam comparisons.  He won't lead this team by himself.  Cam could take a team on his shoulders and do everything.  Cam is a HOFer and is the fwd who broke the ground on power fwds. 
    Was Mike Bossy better than Neely?Ryan(the awesome power forward you cited)finished 105th in the league in hits and likely fought no one.Lucic was 84th in only 50 games.If you can't see the difference in the 2 players then I'll stop wasting my time trying to explain.Why would I expect you to get it?You're the only one on this thread still trying to call Lucic overpaid despite the fact he's been doing it all so far.Keep up the expert opinions.They're good for a laugh.

Sections
Shortcuts