lucic still learning to crash the net

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

lucic still learning to crash the net

Did you read the latest on Lucic taking lessons from Recchi?  Thats how sad PC is, sign a player to such a large contract that does not know how to crash the net, its called tip , redirection its called looking up anticipating shot coming whatever you want, why are NHL pros still learning this fundemental... Thats why Bruins will not win a CUP players learning from other players fundementals of an offensive attack... Shouldnt ummm like those 3 other coaches be teaching him, what they hell are these coaches doing?  Recchi should be getting the 4 mill see him fly score and tutor like a coach, WOW!  

Its because of you fans, lucic is still in a Bruins uniform thanks!!! Bruins will barely make it to the playoffs thanks to Recchi, Kreji, Bergy, Morris/Stuart and Ryder ( if not traded ) then out first round!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: lucic still learning to crash the net

In Response to lucic still learning to crash the net:
    Did you read the latest on Lucic taking lessons from Recchi?  Thats how sad PC is, sign a player to such a large contract that does not know how to crash the net, its called tip , redirection its called looking up anticipating shot coming whatever you want, why are NHL pros still learning this fundemental... Thats why Bruins will not win a CUP players learning from other players fundementals of an offensive attack... Shouldnt ummm like those 3 other coaches be teaching him, what they hell are these coaches doing?  Recchi should be getting the 4 mill see him fly score and tutor like a coach, WOW!   Its because of you fans, lucic is still in a Bruins uniform thanks!!! Bruins will barely make it to the playoffs thanks to Recchi, Kreji, Bergy, Morris/Stuart and Ryder ( if not traded ) then out first round!
    Posted by bruinsfan4ever23

Thanks for the useless uneducated post.This forum was getting too serious and I needed a laugh.Any 10 year vet in the league will tell you there are still areas they can improve upon.I would expect Lucic to receive advice from the established vets(as opposed to listening to advice from you).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Its his hatred for Lucic, any sane person knows, if CJ said Lucic you need to be a better net front presence" the best thing the guy could do would be to go talk to the hall of famer.. Apparently once you reach the NHL your game is complete and development is over.. In his first 3 miserable seasons Chara put up 28 point combined and a -62...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Honestly bruinsfan4ever23, you're attacking him for learning to crash the net. Not only is he admitting he has a problem with it, but he's getting help from the master on how to do it right. Let's toss aside that every player has a weakness, but do you honestly think that every player loves crashing the net? It's a warzone down there. You've got goaltenders nipping at the back of your legs with their sticks, defenseman doing anything under the sun to make sure you're not standing up. There's not a sane player who enjoys crashing the net given the wear and tear you take.

Let's hope he can learn from Recchi. If Lucic can get some hands and crash the net I think he's got a 30-40 goal potential. He's not a sniper by any means, but with the way we go for shots from the point having a guy like Lucic with his size and hopeful skill we would clean house in front.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Of course, he's never heard of crashing the net before, so he needs to learn the fundamentals.  Couldn't possibly be that he's taking a masters course from one of the best - nah.  Guys in their third year should NEVER try to learn.  NEVER!  Maybe that's bruinsfan4ever23's problem - he doesn't like learning.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Wheeler is also learning from him also. Why anybody would have a problem with this is beyond me. Im glad they are working with the master and maybe they can have 1500 point careers aswell.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

it just goes to show you, bruins org and you folks have LOW standards, dont know a skill talented player if it bit you on the A... a waste of money in my eyes... you pay someone that ridiculous amount to develope and what if he doesnt... hmmm then again he gain one more skill from vet recchi, who looks like a 4 mill dollar man to me

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

He knows how to crash the net, this is just talk for the media, of course he is going to say he is getting help from the best, they have been probably conferring on where they are going to have a steak dinner.

This is just media attention we see all the time because they have nothing to report so they come up with a brainless new angle.

Luc knows how to get to the net, that is how he got to the NHL, Wheeler on the other side has been a peripheral playmaker and they are trying to get him to play more physical around the net just like Colborne in Denv.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: lucic still learning to crash the net:
    it just goes to show you, bruins org and you folks have LOW standards, dont know a skill talented player if it bit you on the A... a waste of money in my eyes... you pay someone that ridiculous amount to develope and what if he doesnt... hmmm then again he gain one more skill from vet recchi, who looks like a 4 mill dollar man to me

You must write this stuff out of boredom.Hard for a clown like you to get work now that the circus left town.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

hey dezruchi you must be his old man..  what in the world you see in him thats worth that amount of $$.  Are you insane no wonder this economy is what it is... its a waste, im sure their are other players you could have gotten for 4 mil maybe even 2?  Like i said to bookboy and others he wont be in the NHL for more than 5 years from today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Funny, that's the first time you've said that that I'm aware of.  Did you say it on another thread?

Probably the same one where I point out that, on the open market, someone would pay Lucic what he got from PC.  If you can't see that, then your definition of value is too narrow - probably just stats. 

The point's been made a few times now, but I'll repeat it - Lucic doesn't need to learn the fundamentals of how and why to go to the net.  If he's asking Recchi for help, it's to learn how to be as successful at it as possible.  You don't learn that from a video or a level two minor hockey coach.  You get that from a guy who makes his living doing it.  To use that article as an excuse to lay into Lucic again makes no sense.  But even if you do, you should look around and see just how many players in this sport are now paid to develop based on the opinions of coaches, scouts, experts that yes, they will earn that money.  This is especially true since the lockout now that Free Agency comes earlier and Restricted Free Agency no longer means "Collusion Zone: Hand's Off!"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I can confirm that bruinsfan did say looch had 3-5 years in the nhl max, I made the point that he was in his 3rd and sitting on a 3 year deal when he clarified he meant 3-5 years from this point...

Even still I can't think if at the end of this deal, if he hasn't improved one bit and is as one dimensional as bruinsfan thinks he is some other team wont give him 2-2.5 to come over and bang bodies and fight and put up 30-50 points a season..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

He doesn't seem to see any value in anything out side of the points factor, and you can argue with him all day.. Lucic should have gotten 2-2.5 in his opinion, which i guess if you just look at black and white numbers, he can compare him to kobasew, he was a 3rd liner putting up 35 points a season, and to bruinsfan that is all lucic will ever be either...no value in his hitting, his emotion, he does not feel lucic opens up the ice in the offensive zone, nor will he improve.. that about sums it up correct?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, well, in the end, the market assigns dollars to contributions, not fans.  And as long as there're GMs out there who see what Lucic (when healthy) brings, he'll get his 4+M.  I keep coming back to the phrase I kept hearing at the draft.  Zack Kassian went in the first half of the first round because he's "a Milan Lucic type player".  There was another guy the year before who fought Lucic more than once in junior who also went pretty high based on his potential to be a "Milan Lucic type player".  This wasn't coming from Bruins fans, it was coming from draft people and GMs and talking head experts on TSN.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

No I fully agree that I think he is worth the deal I wish it was longer, I think big players take longer to develop and much of what he brings isnt on the score sheet.  I fully believe, that if you watch the game closely when he is on the ice, you can see the extra time he brings, the fact is when he is bearing down the D are more cautious(not the word I am looking for) going into the corner and it buys the bruins an extra half second etc.. When he was injured, we were out played, and out hit, every game.. Since he has returned win or lose, the bruins have been the better team most nights just unable to score... Hes a big kid, hes not fast its going to take some time.. my one fault on his deal is he will be a free agent just as he is entering his prime, the length of the contract really didn't "lock him up" at all..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

PC B L O W S ! Has no clue what true value a player holds..got hoodwinked by Lucic , Krejci, Thomas n Ryder..

This is why the Ruins will never win!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianBruin. Show CanadianBruin's posts

In Response to lucic still learning to crash the net:
    Did you read the latest on Lucic taking lessons from Recchi?  Thats how sad PC is, sign a player to such a large contract that does not know how to crash the net, its called tip , redirection its called looking up anticipating shot coming whatever you want, why are NHL pros still learning this fundemental... Thats why Bruins will not win a CUP players learning from other players fundementals of an offensive attack... Shouldnt ummm like those 3 other coaches be teaching him, what they hell are these coaches doing?  Recchi should be getting the 4 mill see him fly score and tutor like a coach, WOW!   Its because of you fans, lucic is still in a Bruins uniform thanks!!! Bruins will barely make it to the playoffs thanks to Recchi, Kreji, Bergy, Morris/Stuart and Ryder ( if not traded ) then out first round!

It is obvious from your post that you have never played any significant level of hockey. Your spelling troubles also lead to me to believe that you are not very intelligent. I made this account specifically to respond to this post. I've seen Lucic badmouthed in these discussions before by so called Bruins fans. I understand guys like Morris and Ryder getting a hard time from fans, because they're struggling this year and fans are hard on struggling players. However, Looch has fought back from back to back injuries this year without complaint, and continues to work his way back to full health, most likely playing with considerable pain. You deciding to insult both Looch and Chirelli because Milan is trying to learn something from one of the best front of the net players in game only tells me that you are not a hockey fan. Their is a lot of intelligent talk on this forum, and that's why I read it, but don't come on here chirping Milan Lucic. He's the future of our organization and probably the most miserable player we've had since Cam.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

Looch was signed for $4M a year because of his physical style, his fearlessness and his ability to get the team amped up and play with passion.  He's a leader.  Bergy is also a leader, but he is quiet and does he leading with his hockey sense. 
    There is a reason why Lucic is a fan favorite not just in Boston.  Read about how his will to win and physical play lead his team to win a Memorial Cup in Vancouver. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

bruinsfan4ever23  - Seriously?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

WHY and HOW do you Lucic whiners justify casting judgement on Lucic and his future during a season in which he's missed approximately 11 weeks of playing time?  The guy's been HURT; he's been playing while recovering from a HIGH ankle sprain, one of the WORST INJURIES any athlete can have.  And puh-leeze spare us any personal experiences you may have had with a bum ankle in high school or beer league hockey.  It's NOT relevant to NHL hockey.  JCA!

Sections
Shortcuts