Lucic will be the Man.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Lucic will be the Man.

I just want to state this now, and you can hold me to it, and make fun of me later, if you wish, but Milan Lucic will be the go to guy for the Bruins this year. It would be awesome if Horton also has a great year, but it is Lucic's time to bloom. I was super impressed with him in the playoffs. I think he has gotten over the injuries, and figured it out.

Total Bonus if he can destroy Komisarik again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Lucic will be the Man.

Go to guys score more than 9 goals and get pounded by Orr.  If Lucic turns into a 25 goal scorer we are laughing.  Lucic has terrible wheels for starters...I hate when people compare Lucic to Cam.  It will never happen.  But I hope he does turn into a nice 20-25 goal scorer and leader...

I just want it to start already...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I have the same feeling that Lucic will be the most improved player this year. He will maintain his toughness, hitting and doing the dirty work for Krejci and Horton can do their jobs scoring and setting up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Lucic will never score 50 (in a season), but he doesn't have to.

He is the kind of guy that makes others play bigger (more confident knowing their back's are covered), and in the playoffs his game is elevated and keeps everyone's mind on the business at hand.

His value goes up when the games mean something.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

So here is a question, what exactly does it mean to you for him to "be the Man"?

Personally, for a $4M cap hit, I think I would be happy with a 20-40-60 line with 1-2 meaningful* hits a game this season.  It would need to progress a bit as the contract continues, but I think that is a reasonable expectation for him.

*not necessarily putting someone through the glass, but hits that stop the other team from taking control of play, cause a charge during which the Bruins take control, or put an exclamation mark on a period of domination.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Total Bonus if he can destroy Komisarik again.

I would enjoy this almost as much as a Stanley Cup.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Well, since you axed. Between 35-40 goals. But more so, I think the goals will be the late game ones. The goals that get you back in a game, or put you ahead. That is a "go to guy". He has that make up.

Yes, Yes, laugh away. I can take it. You all remember Al Secord. No one thought he was anything more than a tough guy, who'd get 15 to 20 goals. Man he proved a lot of people wrong.

Signed....
    The Eternal Optimist.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

And I never compared him to Cam.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic will be the Man.:
    [QUOTE]Total Bonus if he can destroy Komisarik again. I would enjoy this almost as much as a Stanley Cup.
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS[/QUOTE]

ditto

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic will be the Man. : dead wrong on the wheels thing. Lucic is subtly fast. exhibit a http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GC_IFfz5KA exhibit b http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4et80t97eU there were a couple other ones i was looking for that i couldn't find. He has speed, not necessarily quickness and acceleration, but he has deceptive speed.
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

was thinking the same when reading the other post

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lucic will be the Man. : dead wrong on the wheels thing. Lucic is subtly fast. exhibit a http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GC_IFfz5KA exhibit b http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4et80t97eU there were a couple other ones i was looking for that i couldn't find. He has speed, not necessarily quickness and acceleration, but he has deceptive speed.
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't even have responded to defend such a stupid statement, what 20-25 goal scorer is dropping the gloves with Orr??  Elite scorers (40 plus guys) even power fowards rarely drop the gloves, I am thinking shannahan, bertuzzi, Iginla,  even neely, these guys fought, and are fierce, but they were picking their moments, not dropping the gloves 13-16 times a season, fighting goons lik orr...

Lucics got good straight line speed.. the skating needs work, we're all aware..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Milan Lucic is the exception to the rule...he is a different breed all together. The only problem this kid will have, is that his coach will try to make him conform. He is a wild card who needs to be turned loose, not have to always look over his shoulder to make sure he is playing within the rules of engagement laid down by the overbearing CJ. Let him be who he is, which is a unique uncontrollable talent. Like I've said before, imagine Lucic playing in Philly or Toronto - Scary

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I think some people question Lucic's skating ability because he looks like an out-of-control tank due to his size and build, but he's actually a pretty good skater.

I don't know about being "The Man," because I don't think there is any one player on the Bruins who has to be "The Man." Teams with just one go-to guy are a lot easier to deal with than teams that feature depth, and IMHO the Bruins are a team deep in talent. Savard (hopefully healthy soon), Krejci, Chara, Bergeron, Horton, Lucic, just to name a few, are all capable of giving other teams fits. There's no, "oh, thank goodness, he's off the ice," because look out, here comes someone else who's just as dangerous. That's what's got me so excited about this team's chances.

That said, a healthy Milan Lucic is a force of nature. Like Chara, he intimidates. Put that together with a guy who can move quickly, make a good pass, and put the puck in the net, and you have a rare talent indeed. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Im starting to come to the conclusion that right now, Milan Lucic is the most overrated bruin by bruins fans. From what I have seen so far through his career, he looks to be a consistent 15-22 goal scorer and a guy that can hit. the idea of him scoring 35-40 and becoming the go to guy is laughable IMO. He may hit 25 once or twice, but he pretty much looks like he will score 15-22 a season. As of right now, I think Chiarelli may have overpayed Lucic by about 1 million. I want to see Lucic earn his 4 million $ salary

. Not to be confused, I like Lucic. I like his work ethic and attitude. I just can't see him being a 30-40 goal scorer. i would love for Lucic to prove me wrong, but I dont think that will happen

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

pbergeron,

wheels go more than one direction.  Domi won the fastest skater on his team one year straight ahead.  But mobility is an aspect of skating...something Lucic will never have.  And starting from a stop he skates like he has a piano on his back.  Once he gets going is fine.  But wingers stop and start...he isn't fast...bottom line

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Lucic will be the Man.:[QUOTE]Go to guys score more than 9 goals and get pounded by Orr.  If Lucic turns into a 25 goal scorer we are laughing. 

I hate when people compare Lucic to Cam.  It will never happen.  But I hope he does turn into a nice 20-25 goal scorer and leader... I just want it to start already...Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Yah Lucic got pounded by Orr but Milan isn't a heavyweight nor a goon that's all Colton is and has. The only people who compared Lucic to Neely were the press because he is from the same area, is a good fighter, has good upside and is a fan favorite. I've never heard one fan who knows hockey state "Lucic is going to be as good as Cam or He's going to a be as prolific a scorer"

Every Milan thread this is brought up. Lucic is capable of scoring 25.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]Im starting to come to the conclusion that right now, Milan Lucic is the most overrated bruin by bruins fans. From what I have seen so far through his career, he looks to be a consistent 15-22 goal scorer and a guy that can hit. the idea of him scoring 35-40 and becoming the go to guy is laughable IMO. He may hit 25 once or twice, but he pretty much looks like he will score 15-22 a season. As of right now, I think Chiarelli may have overpayed Lucic by about 1 million. I want to see Lucic earn his 4 million $ salary . Not to be confused, I like Lucic. I like his work ethic and attitude. I just can't see him being a 30-40 goal scorer. i would love for Lucic to prove me wrong, but I dont think that will happen
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

So far in his career? He's only 22 years old, and last year almost his entire season was hobbled by injury. We haven't even begun to see what this guy can do.

I doubt the Bruins, or more than a handful of Bruins fans, believe he's going to score 30 to 40 goals. He's not being paid to be a sniper. He's being paid to be a force on the ice, to sow panic, to clear space for his linemates, wear out the opposition, and score 20 or so goals. And most importantly, to step up his game in the playoffs, which he has a habit of doing, both at the NHL and junior level.

Believe me, there are 29 other GMs in the NHL who would gladly take Milan Lucic at that price.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Duinne,
    I am going to disagree I think many expect lucic to develop into a 30-40 goal scorer, not sure how realistic that is, but even lucic himself after his sophomre year said he was working hard with the expectation of doubling his offensive totals (17g 42 points?).. I dont think anyone other then maybe himself expected something like that of him last season, but I do think his game should round out leaving him very capable of scoring numbers similar to Horton, for his career, and though he will never be a "sniper" neither was recchi, there are a lot of ways to get to 40 goals, I would expect lucic to score a lot of garbage in the trenches.. This season, I think will be a rebound year, hopefully landing him in the 50-60 point range, but I would expect consistant improvement and the ability to land himself in the 30 + goals 70 points range as he develops, he wont even enter his prime for 3 more years and to this point he has shown the ability to improve, and more so the desire to do so..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Luc is expected to be the next Cam, everyone wants it, especially Cam.  Cam is living thru watching Luc, he had to quit before he was done.

They are both Gemini's Cam 6Jun and Luc 7Jun, both physical beings, Luc is actually bigger, both had successful juniors, both from BC.

Cam had a setback in 3rd year, scored 14 in 73 games after 21 the year b4, Luc scored 9 in 50 in 3rd year after 17 year b4.

Luc is set for breakout year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Luc adds a lot to the lineup...but most on here before last year said he was the second coming.  Cam could score from anywhere in a time when goals were at a premium.  Cam was a 50 goal scorer.  Lucic will never hit that.  Cam also took on all comers.  Don't believe me then check out youtube.  He fought anyone.  Once he was established he didnt have to...but would.  He is a once in a lifetime player.  Lucic is a nice player.  But Cam could be considered a franchise player and ran the team along with Ray.  Lucic will never have that impact.  I am happy we have him.  But Cam is and will always be a legend.  Bruins fans prematurely made Lucic that b/c he was pounding on guys like Matt Bradley and Brandon Witt.  I think when Lucic tangled with Orr he realized he isn't as big and bad as all Bruins fans thought.  He is a good fighter but not elite.  But I don't want him in the PIM Box anyway.  

Lucic will find the net around 20 times this year if we are lucky.  In fact now that Savy is done...I think a line of Seguin/Lucic/Recchi is perfect.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

To everyone who said Lucic is the most overrated Bruin by fans, I couldnt agree more.  Ever since he came into the league and MOST posters here have been kissing his poop-shoot, saying he is the next Neely, Ive been saying WAKE UP!  I dont think Lucic will ever be more than a 20-25 goal guy IF he is lucky.  I have a BAD feeling he wont materialize, and he'll be a 15-20 goal guy, trying to fight heavyweights, getting hurt a LOT.  I HOPE Im wrong, but I just dont see what everyone else sees.  I thought last season was a tell-tale sign out things to come.  GOD I HOPE IM WRONG!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

There's only one Neely! I remember when a lot of people were saying that Glenn Murray was a supposed Neely as well. I think that Looch certainly can be a Rick Tocchet type though.  I know Rick scored 40 goals mulitple times & even hit 48 one year, but I don't think (hope I'm wrong) Looch will hit 40 goals, but 25-30 is within his realm. As far as being fun watching him beat Komi again. Yea, that's going to be fun, but now I'm looking more forward to seeing him beat the tar out of Dion Phaneuf! I met this guy & he is one miserable piece of trash!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

nitemare,

Dion is not only hated by his home team fans he is one of the most hated by the players as well.  Idiot written all over his face. 
    And Glen Murray(who I am friends with) is much closer to Neely in terms of scoring than Lucic will ever be.  Its weird about Muzz, he had one of the more quiet careers in the league but was an all-star and put up consistant numbers. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]nitemare, Dion is not only hated by his home team fans he is one of the most hated by the players as well.  Idiot written all over his face.  And Glen Murray(who I am friends with) is much closer to Neely in terms of scoring than Lucic will ever be.  Its weird about Muzz, he had one of the more quiet careers in the league but was an all-star and put up consistant numbers. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Oh I know about Dion. Most fans here in Cowtown just hates/hated the guy! It's one of the few things me & Flames fans agree on. I call them Montreal Canadien fans of the west. They jump on & off the wagon just as much & they're the most arrogant & ignorant fans I have ever went up against. They're so bad they even pick on 6 yr old kids during a game.
    Anyway, I wasn't Dissing Murray. I'd never do that to a fellow Maritimer, but Muzz certainly wasn't a fair comparision to Neely either. If I had to chose I'd choose Looch only because he matches Cam in the all around game better than Murray.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TylerSeguin. Show TylerSeguin's posts

I agree Looch just by his physical presence on the ice is intimidating for the opponents ...he will score 25 G this year and he is a true leader...

Tyler