Lucic will be the Man.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Lucic will be the Man.

RMiller,

I have grown up in a Habs family and always went against the grain.  I am not angry about anything at all.  I just think Glen had a very quiet career by allstar standards...he played a lot of NHL games and scored a lot of points.   I figured they would give him a little respect on TSN or something but didn't.  Maybe they did and I missed it.  I just found it odd...I mean they mention if some very avg. player retires.  Why wouldn't they mention someone with a strong NHL career.

I don't think Glen would say they screwed him over.  He played a game he loved.  He was injured to the point that he couldnt make a full recovery to play.  How did they screw him over?  Glenn made over 25 million playing the game he loved. NHL is a business. But Glen was forced to retire b/c of injury...not b/c he couldnt play anymore(even though he was getting up there).

And why on Earth would I cheer for the Kings?  I live in Nova Scotia.  And yes Glen lives in LA and his hometown...but I cheer for Glen b/c he is a friend...not b/c of the jersey he wore.  I wanted him to have individual success.  The fact he played on the team I cheer for was just gravy.

Where are you going with this.  This is a blog.  I am pretty happy about all aspects of life.  I don't cry at night b/c TSN didn't say fairwell to Glen. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

shuperman :

I was just a bit worried because you sounded a bit angry when you posted, "I didn't see one blip on any of the nations sports centers."

I have to wonder if Glen's retirement didn't get the press that it deserved partly because of the unhappy situation between Murray and the Bruins on their parting.

Buyouts and law suits are not exactly uplifting sports stories, and no one bothered to comment on the TSN story as you will note.  

It's really too bad that Murray didn't play for the Habs or Leafs; he certainly wouldn't have likely been suffering from well wishers on his retirment from adoring fans from either of those two Club fan bases.

I am a Habs' fan, and I can tell you that many of of my colleagues already cannot wait to wish our 23 year old goaltender a happy retirement. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Not a Gretz fan, he was a player, would take him over OV any day though.

He also averaged about 5 points a game against that NJ team before they had Stevens.  In the 80's he called NJ a mickey mouse club which got him in hot water after trouncing them like 14-1 I think it was.  Most players and teams would let off a little but G was after the points and played harder against the bum teams. By the by, his 50th in 39 was an empty netter, take away his empty netters and he scores 80, still a decent number but he never passed if there was an open net. Though I do wish a few of the B's would put them away at times rather than pass.

I liked Murray, but I think his days were numbered when Joe left, he was a big reason Murray signed back in B in the first place because they had chemistry and Murray was very upset at this.  Wouldn't anyone be when the top playmaker in the league is shipped for nothing in return, Primeau sure helped him hit 40.

Luc will have a good season and earn his 4M.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

RMiller you must really have loved your Habs when they dissed their best player I ever saw in Guy.  Cut his ice, made him retire, so he stayed away from the game the required time and came back with their rivals in La belle province what a treatment.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Close, but no cigar, GOAT !

Almost ten years after witnessing Lafleur pot that infamous game tying goal on May 10, 1979, Guy would first return to the Forum to pot a couple of goals for the New York Rangers in the 1988-1989 season...

I was actually at that game, and we were ALL chanting "Guy!  Guy!  Guy!" even though he now played for the Rangers. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Oh, sorry !

Just realized that that 1979 game would have been very painful for you to watch...

My bad !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

He has more career playoff goals than Kessel.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No4,

Why even question what gretzky did on the ice?  Its a  backhanded compliment.  Do you realize that Gretzky has more career assists than anyone else has points.  Think about that.  He has more assists...than ANYONE has combined goals and assists.  So to say he didn't pass is just a complete wrong statement.  
    He scored empty net goals....yeah and?  So did Mario.  You also factor in  that he played less games than todays league. 
    He played harder against the weaker teams.  We are talking Wayne Gretzky here.   The guy that out performed anyone on his team in practice each day...he loved the game and us likely more passionate about it than anyone I have witnessed in my time on earth.
    He played against NJ how many times a year?  He didn't play in the Eastern Conference until he joined the Rangers. 

For people to dislike Gretzky I can live with...but how can anyone ever question what he did on the ice.  There is more freedom in todays league than ever before.  Mario used to have three guys water skiing on the back as he went into score.  They created shadows to cover a guy like Gretzky.  That doesn't exist in todays game. 

I mean the guy that said Ovie is better than  Gretzky...c'mon.  Pure talent and speed and shot...Ovie likely does have the advantage.  I mean Gretzky couldn't bench press his weight...but Gretzky mind will never be duplicated.  He was like the Rainman of Hockey...he simply was 10 steps ahead of everyone else.  

Sections
Shortcuts