Marc Savard Available For Second Round?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Marc Savard Available For Second Round?

Darren Dreiger, a regular on TSN and "Inside The NHL" on AM 640 just said he was talking to Peter Chiarelli, in Toronto for the draft lottery, and he was told Marc Savard could be available should the Bruins get to the second round.  PC told Dreiger that Savard is a "different person" than the one who had the press conference a few weeks ago.  His headaches, once constant, are now intermitten and that he's now able to do "brisk walks."  If anything, I take it only as encouraging news about Savard's recovery, nothing more.  Good to see he's coming around.

Perhaps as a joke, Dreiger also told viewers to note the colour of PC's shirt on the lottery telecast as it looks very much like "Toronto Maple Leaf blue."  :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Re: Marc Savard Available For Second Round?

In Response to Marc Savard Available For Second Round?:
    Darren Dreiger, a regular on TSN and "Inside The NHL" on AM 640 just said he was talking to Peter Chiarelli, in Toronto for the draft lottery, and he was told Marc Savard could be available should the Bruins get to the second round.  PC told Dreiger that Savard is a "different person" than the one who had the press conference a few weeks ago.  His headaches, once constant, are now intermitten and that he's now able to do "brisk walks."  If anything, I take it only as encouraging news about Savard's recovery, nothing more.  Good to see he's coming around. Perhaps as a joke, Dreiger also told viewers to note the colour of PC's shirt on the lottery telecast as it looks very much like "Toronto Maple Leaf blue."  :)
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario

Wow, that is great news! I think we honestly have a shot to knock off Buffalo and get to the 2nd round. Can you imagine having Savard & Stuart back, given how well the Bruins have been playing even without them. Maybe we're finally getting some breaks after what has been a nightmarish season.

And what a small world - I too live in Richmond Hill, Ontario. Howdy neighbour.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

That's good news.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

first of all  good news glad to see savard is feeling better ,now the bruins should be even more motivated to win the 1st round ,go bruins   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Granted it would be great to see Saavy back in the B's lineup but not if it would compromise his health.. it isn't worth it and head injuries can be tricky as well as long term recovery..  Considering what he has been thru, I would just shut him down for the season.. It's unlikely that this installment of B's players will win the cup this year so why risk injuring him and sacrificing the future?...  Glad to hear he is making progress thou... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

In Response to Re: Marc Savard Available For Second Round?:
    Granted it would be great to see Saavy back in the B's lineup but not if it would compromise his health.. it isn't worth it and head injuries can be tricky as well as long term recovery..  Considering what he has been thru, I would just shut him down for the season.. It's unlikely that this installment of B's players will win the cup this year so why risk injuring him and sacrificing the future?...  Glad to hear he is making progress thou... 
    Posted by SupportLocal81

Agreed. If they happen to surprise and make the finals I could see them considering it. But anything short of that I wouldn't risk it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Marc Savard Available For Second Round?:
    Darren Dreiger, a regular on TSN and "Inside The NHL" on AM 640 just said he was talking to Peter Chiarelli, in Toronto for the draft lottery, and he was told Marc Savard could be available should the Bruins get to the second round.  PC told Dreiger that Savard is a "different person" than the one who had the press conference a few weeks ago.  His headaches, once constant, are now intermitten and that he's now able to do "brisk walks."  If anything, I take it only as encouraging news about Savard's recovery, nothing more.  Good to see he's coming around. Perhaps as a joke, Dreiger also told viewers to note the colour of PC's shirt on the lottery telecast as it looks very much like "Toronto Maple Leaf blue."  :)
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario

good!!   because i read the thread title quickly and thought it said, 'savard available for a second rounder'!!   all this draft hype has me on edge!  LOL!!!