Marc Savard: Wake Up Already!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

Marc Savard: Wake Up Already!!!!

First of all, I'm probably as big a fan of Marc Savard as anyone. I really believe he is among the top passing forwards in the league and had turned into one of the top 3 playmakers in the NHL. But what is going on with him of late? It's like I have to check his minutes played after games because he's so non-existent when he's out there that it seems like he's not even playing at all. I get that he is lacking wingers, but you don't see Julien anxious to put him with a Wheeler. I liked Satan last night because he moves around, tries to make things happen, but Savard either better get on his line, or remove Sturm from Savard. Savard has to make passes, and obviously Julien doesn't even want to use Savard on the Power Play, which I can understand since they were doing nothing on the PP until last night WITHOUT SAVARD on the ice. Savard won't shoot, he has less than 2 shots a game average, and now he's not even making plays. Wake up, Marc!! Wake the hell up, the team needs you to score points.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

Re: Marc Savard: Wake Up Already!!!!

Savard is this year's biggest disappointment, injury or not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm just a little disappointed that word has gotten out that he has nobody to pass the puck to, wah wah wah, I want someone who can put the bicuit in the basket wah wah wah.

I mean... so what if its true?

Did they try Wheeler on the first line yet?  I think they tried everybody else.  Since he's got a hot streak going (2 games), I say put him up there, what the heck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

I agree Badhabitude...get Wheeler up there!!  Savard has to pick up his play though, he hasn't impressed at all this season...and everybody KNOWS he is one of the top playmakers in the league.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Savy will be fine once Looch comes back..and if Julien decides to leave Sturmy there this line will produce.. Looch gives these guys a lot of room to operate..and Savy needs that room to set up plays.. right now opposing d's are hitting him all over the place and no one there to back him up.. Although I saw some life last night when he belted Neil of all people.. I am sure he was shocked... To be honest, Begin and Bitz are not the second coming of Mike Bossy..You can't make filet mignon out of chopped steak as the saying goes..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

That is precisely it, 'cowboys9'... I heard an interview over the weekend and he (savard) said something like, "It's not the same as having my old Looch out there but..."

So, I take his comments about not having anyone to pass to as a positive thing.  I don't think he's saying them for selfish reasons - I think he knows that his talent is being wasted and it is costing the Bruins a number of games.

This guy took a very, very team-friendly deal.  It's obvious he is focused on winning at this stage of his career.  Barring a trade late in his contract, he will finish his career in the NHL as a Bruin, just as he claimed he wants.

We can at least give him the benefit of the doubt that he's only raising concerns because he sees that the team is squandering wins.  It's no coincidence that they went 4-0 in the short span of Lucic's return.  If my memory serves me correctly (and it's been known to fail on occasion) I believe one of those four games was the game Savard had a hat trick?  Not sure on that...

Anyway - Lucic should be back this weekend and I say we hold judgement for just a bit longer to see if things pick up.  I'm willing to bet we'll be singing a different tune this time next week.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

After verification - his hat trick came against Toronto a few games after Lucic got injured again.  In any case, let's hope this is the end of the IR visits on the season for Lucic!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joemizz11. Show joemizz11's posts

Agreed Savard NEEDS to pick it Up.  I think he will,  He's looked very very average as of late

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Savard is the most overrated Bruins. Without his star wingers
    (Atlanta) Hossa, Kovalchuk, and Boston Kessel, Lucic, he is not very effective. A good small center, nothing more.
    Yzerman and Sinden who are not completely ignorant in hockey, think exactly as me.

When Chiarelli our visionnary, is going to realize that, and will stop to give long term contract at too old players, T.T. 35, M.S. 32,  unfortunately, it will be too late.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sray. Show sray's posts

I think that Cowboys9 nailed it....the key is getting Looch back to create the space, then we will see things happen. We all know that this is a team sport and every great player had linemates that helped make it happen. No different here. Savard reminds me a little of the way Adam Oates played here for us a while back. The only knock I have on Savard is that he can get careless with the puck in his own end and has thrown passes across the middle of his own zone that have been picked off waaaay too much. Watch for that.

Sections
Shortcuts