Marc Savard will address the media on Saturday morning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Marc Savard will address the media on Saturday morning

Marc Savard will address the media on Saturday morning at the TD Garden, presumably to provide an update on his status.11:30am

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Re: Marc Savard will address the media on Saturday morning

Is golf season over?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I heard that he is going to re-iterate that the Too Many Men on the Ice in the Flyers' series was not his fault...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

I heard Habs and/or Penguins fans should f off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Sounds like he'll be out for a little while.  Definitely no bluff, he's got depression to deal with among other things, and the depression makes it really hard to play at all, nevermind a responsible game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Marc Savard will address the media on Saturday morning:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like he'll be out for a little while.  Definitely no bluff, he's got depression to deal with among other things, and the depression makes it really hard to play at all, nevermind a responsible game.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  I truly never felt it was a bluff.  That never made sense to me.  He's a hockey player....which means he wants to play hockey.

Here's my take (sorry Duinne - this is not a proclamation, just my opinion):  He passed his neuro exams and was cleared to play.  He returned to action and played in the Flyers series.  But he was never himself.  But he, and the team, figured the offseason would be enough to get over it.  And I think that he probably WAS feeling better.  And as workouts started to increase with intensity as training camp got closer, the symptoms returned.  It really isn't that surprising.

That said, I have faith in the Bruins' medical staff when it comes to concussion based injuries.  Because of the Bergeron injury(ies), they know how to deal with them.

Concussions are serious.  This isn't about hockey....it's about quality of life.  Depression is very serious....and is a common symptom or PCS.  Get well soon, Savvy.  But take your time.  We're gonna need you!!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Savard's comments did not sound encouraging at all.  On a human level, I hope he takes his time and takes care of himself.  The depression comments, in particular, were very concerning to me as it pertains to his personal well-being.

From a team perspective, this will be interesting.  Is Savvy heading to LTIR with Sturm?  If so, that frees up cap room, would the team do anything to take advantage of the space?  Line combos will also need to be shaken up, I will assume that Krejci is now the #1 center.  Does the development with Savard put any additional pressure on PC to get the Bergeron extension done?

Lines w/out Savard suggestion:
    Wheeler- Krejci- Horton
    Lucic- Seguin- Ryder
    Recchi- Bergeron- Caron
    Paille- Campbell- Thornton

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Savard may have other reasons to be depressed than PCS...

Look at the quality of the comments of some of the fans that he plays for...

Classy !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marc Savard will address the media on Saturday morning : Agreed.  I truly never felt it was a bluff.  That never made sense to me.  He's a hockey player....which means he wants to play hockey. Here's my take (sorry Duinne - this is not a proclamation, just my opinion):  He passed his neuro exams and was cleared to play.  He returned to action and played in the Flyers series.  But he was never himself.  But he, and the team, figured the offseason would be enough to get over it.  And I think that he probably WAS feeling better.  And as workouts started to increase with intensity as training camp got closer, the symptoms returned.  It really isn't that surprising. That said, I have faith in the Bruins' medical staff when it comes to concussion based injuries.  Because of the Bergeron injury(ies), they know how to deal with them. Concussions are serious.  This isn't about hockey....it's about quality of life.  Depression is very serious....and is a common symptom or PCS.  Get well soon, Savvy.  But take your time.  We're gonna need you!!! 
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

I never felt it was a bluff either, I was just stating that for all the Bergeron cult members that they can't use the PCS bluff story as an excuse to chase him out of town.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marc Savard will address the media on Saturday morning : Agreed.  I truly never felt it was a bluff.  That never made sense to me.  He's a hockey player....which means he wants to play hockey. Here's my take (sorry Duinne - this is not a proclamation, just my opinion):  He passed his neuro exams and was cleared to play.  He returned to action and played in the Flyers series.  But he was never himself.  But he, and the team, figured the offseason would be enough to get over it.  And I think that he probably WAS feeling better.  And as workouts started to increase with intensity as training camp got closer, the symptoms returned.  It really isn't that surprising. That said, I have faith in the Bruins' medical staff when it comes to concussion based injuries.  Because of the Bergeron injury(ies), they know how to deal with them. Concussions are serious.  This isn't about hockey....it's about quality of life.  Depression is very serious....and is a common symptom or PCS.  Get well soon, Savvy.  But take your time.  We're gonna need you!!! 
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

No, I think you're pretty much spot on. (As for the bluff thing, always a ridiculous notion. Nobody with any intelligence could seriously believe such a thing.)

Obviously in the spring he passed the tests required for him to return to the ice.  But, as he said (and as I've pointed out previously), once Krejci went down, his responsibilities went up, and it just became too much. But, as he also said, he's a hockey player. Guys like him have to be at death's door before they'll take themselves out of the lineup.

I'm glad at least that he's in Boston and able to spend some time with his teammates, as isolation and loneliness can exacerbate depression. Glad also that he realizes the fans are supporting him too. Well, most of us are.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Amybe they'll send him to LTIR, making it a little bit less difficult to decide what to do with Spooner.

Bruiser City Meets The Matrix
    Lucic - Krejci - Horton

Wanna Get Away?
    Recchi - Bergeron - Seguin

Potential Lethality
    Wheeler - Spooner - Caron

The Situation
    Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Sections
Shortcuts