Marc Savard Will NOT Be Traded

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

Marc Savard Will NOT Be Traded

Obviously a tired topic at this point, but here it is http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2010/09/03/not_making_a_big_deal_out_of_it/?page=2

P.C. told Savard that he will not be moved. He is a part of the organization. Now hopefully we can all shut up about this rumor and get ready for the season?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Marc Savard Will NOT Be Traded

Unfortunetly BlackandGold such will not be the case some posters will say:

"Nope plenty of GMs have done this then done the exact opposite."

"Just because PC said that it doen't mean he meant it."

"Duh just like Bergeron if Savard gets another concussion it will mean the end of his career Oh wait Bergeron...is still playing umm I kinda contradicted myself."

On and on and on as far as I'm concerned the issue is closed for me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins73. Show Bruins73's posts

Amen to that!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Don't worry. While Savard won't be traded, there will be plenty of posts that Savard should be traded.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Marc Savard Will NOT Be Traded:
    [QUOTE]Unfortunetly BlackandGold such will not be the case some posters will say: "Nope plenty of GMs have done this then done the exact opposite." "Just because PC said that it doen't mean he meant it." "Duh just like Bergeron if Savard gets another concussion it will mean the end of his career Oh wait Bergeron...is still playing umm I kinda contradicted myself." On and on and on as far as I'm concerned the issue is closed for me.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

ROFL.

If I had a dime for every time I heard "Bergeron's career is over" I could buy a Bruins season ticket.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

[QUOTE]Well I guess we can all rest easy now. How many GM's in the past have said they wouldn't trade a certain player and few months later they were gone.
    Posted by umgawa[/QUOTE]

Well obviously there is always a chance. But this means that PC isn't calling other GMs to take Savard. He is just listening to offers. Like any smart GM would do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devanjan. Show Devanjan's posts

A wise general never attacks from a weak position and similarly a wise GM tries to never deal from a position of weakness. Surely, Mike O'Connell's trade of Joe Thornton taught Bruin fans that - although he did make the best of a bad situation. Holding an auction for Joe would not - in my opinion, have increased the return the Bruins recieved especially after his lackadaisical attitude during the game prior to his departure. Similarly, trying to trade Savard (coming off a concussion) and/or Ryder (after admitting his lack of motivation for regular season games) would have placed Chiarelli in a position of trading from weakness.  Far better to give Savard a  chance to return to optimal form and increase his trade value (notwithstanding his non trade clause) and let a more motivated Ryder playing for a 2011 contract increase his own market value. 

Much as I personally would like to see the departure of Ryder and his space taken by a "deserving" rookie, Chiarelli owes it to his masters to optimize Ryder's value by giving him a chance to play for a future contract.

Savard on the other hand, has reinvented himself under Julien and plays all roles. I have truly NEVER believed that he would be traded because his trade value is too low at present i.e his salary hit (as opposed to cap hit) is too high coming off a concussion and the contract status vis a vis the NHL "investigation" of his contract. I do agree that he is the number 1 center now and possibly for next year too - and will continue until Krejci or Seguin or Bergeron wrest that position from him. Frankly, Seguin is an almighty lucky young man to have three superb role models showing him how a center should perform at the NHL level. Joe Thornton had the luxury of being nutured in his first year with the B's and unfortuneatly did not learn the meaning of being a team player. Bergeron has come back from horendous concussions, Krejci came back early from hip surgury, Savard came back early from a concussion.  Yes- they are pro's but all three are team players. As I see it, the Bruins possibly have a future Recchi on their team. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"How many GM's in the past have said they wouldn't trade a certain player and few months later they were gone."

Where have I heard this before I wonder...Meh...I guess cop n paste has it's uses...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Let me be the first to say that if Chia is telling the truth here he is taking a huge risk. If Savard declines further or gets injured again he may not be able to rid the team of that contract down the road.

There is a huge chance that the asset (Savard) will continue to depreciate as he gets older. Hopefully none of the Savard lovers here will come back next year or the 6 years after complaining that the Bruins lost one of there young players or have no room to improve due to cap problems?

You all want Savard? Lets see how this plays out. It could get ugly. But don't say you have not been warned.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]A wise general never attacks from a weak position and similarly a wise GM tries to never deal from a position of weakness. Surely, Mike O'Connell's trade of Joe Thornton taught Bruin fans that - although he did make the best of a bad situation. Holding an auction for Joe would not - in my opinion, have increased the return the Bruins recieved especially after his lackadaisical attitude during the game prior to his departure. Similarly, trying to trade Savard (coming off a concussion) and/or Ryder (after admitting his lack of motivation for regular season games) would have placed Chiarelli in a position of trading from weakness.  Far better to give Savard a  chance to return to optimal form and increase his trade value (notwithstanding his non trade clause) and let a more motivated Ryder playing for a 2011 contract increase his own market value.  Much as I personally would like to see the departure of Ryder and his space taken by a "deserving" rookie, Chiarelli owes it to his masters to optimize Ryder's value by giving him a chance to play for a future contract.   Savard on the other hand, has reinvented himself under Julien and plays all roles. I have truly NEVER believed that he would be traded because his trade value is too low at present i.e his salary hit (as opposed to cap hit) is too high coming off a concussion and the contract status vis a vis the NHL "investigation" of his contract. I do agree that he is the number 1 center now and possibly for next year too - and will continue until Krejci or Seguin or Bergeron wrest that position from him. Frankly, Seguin is an almighty lucky young man to have three superb role models showing him how a center should perform at the NHL level. Joe Thornton had the luxury of being nutured in his first year with the B's and unfortuneatly did not learn the meaning of being a team player. Bergeron has come back from horendous concussions, Krejci came back early from hip surgury, Savard came back early from a concussion.  Yes- they are pro's but all three are team players. As I see it, the Bruins possibly have a future Recchi on their team. 
    Posted by Devanjan[/QUOTE]

Word.

Seguin is fortunate in many ways, not only in the bolded above, but in that he's a top talent who's been drafted by an already contending team, which is not a common circumstance. While Taylor Hall faces the pressure of being The Savior in Edmonton, Seguin can be eased into the Bruins lineup and not worry if he stumbles and makes a few mistakes.  

All three of the centers can offer lessons in tenacity and determination, but think of the practical things for a kid who's willing to learn: Bergeron's defensive wizardry, Savard's passing and Krejci's puck possession, to name just a few. Add in a captain like Chara, and teammates like Recchi and Lucic, and Seguin can benefit hugely if he chooses to do so. And from all that he's said and done, I think he will. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marc Savard Will NOT Be Traded : ROFL. If I had a dime for every time I heard "Bergeron's career is over" I could buy a Bruins season ticket.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Wow, you must discuss hockey with some stupid people.

Explains a lot.

Sections
Shortcuts