Marco Sturm:Update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Re: Marco Sturm:Update

Looch Krejci Horton
    Caron Bergy Rechhi
    Wheels Seguin Ryder
    Sturm (until he is game shape     Camp  Thorn
    then he will move to 3rd line)

Marchand Paille extras to keep the other players on the right track

Possible trades Hunwick Wheels and prospect for puck moving d man

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Marco Sturm:Update:
    [QUOTE]Show me the video.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    Sturm has 18 sh goals in career.Paille has 4 sh goals.Look for video yourself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

So that makes him worth 3.5 million dollars?  Wideman has 26 Power Play goals.  What's your point?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]So that makes him worth 3.5 million dollars?  Wideman has 26 Power Play goals.  What's your point?
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    His 106 goals in 302 games as a Bruin is what he's being paid for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

What did he do last year or the year before?  Listen, I appreciate what he did from '06-'08 but that Marco's gone.  Get real.  He's 32 y.o. with 2 reco'd knee's and rely's on speed to give him scoring chances.  I'll bet he never scores 27 goals again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]What did he do last year or the year before?  Listen, I appreciate what he did from '06-'08 but that Marco's gone.  Get real.  He's 32 y.o. with 2 reco'd knee's and rely's on speed to give him scoring chances.  I'll bet he never scores 27 goals again.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    Last year and the year before-29 goals in 95 games.Is that real enough?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to[QUOTE] Last year and the year before-29 goals in 95 games.Is that real enough?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Goal to game ratio isn't the same an 82 game season.  They don't ask 'what did he score last year and the beginning of the year prior?'.  It's 'what did you do for the team per season AND in the playoffs?'.  Not 7 one year and 22 the next.

The salary cap isn't for 82 games plus 13.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Marco Sturm:Update:[QUOTE]In Response to No he won't. I think he's done.  To much Wideman to his game.  Paille can kill penalties.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Your comparing a player to Wideman that you didn't even know how many times that player scored over 27 goals in a season or that Marco scored 4 times more shorthanded goals than Paille.

Sturm will be welcomed by his teammates and by allot of Bruins fans on this board because Paille can't do all the PK duties by himself. It's like picking up a cheap seasoned veteran at the end of the season and will make the Bruins better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Marco Sturm:Update : Your comparing a player to Wideman that you didn't even know how many times that player scored over 27 goals in a season or that Marco scored 4 times more shorthanded goals than Paille. Sturm will be welcomed by his teammates and by allot of Bruins fans on this board because Paille can't do all the PK duties by himself. It's like picking up a cheap seasoned veteran at the end of the season and will make the Bruins better.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Obviously we're wasting our time trying to argue with someone who's trying to compare Paille to Sturm.Most of us recognize the absurdity of the argument.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Goal to game ratio isn't the same an 82 game season .  They don't ask 'what did he score last year and the beginning of the year prior?'.  It's 'what did you do for the team per season AND in the playoffs?'.  Not 7 one year and 22 the next. The salary cap isn't for 82 games plus 13.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    You asked the question and it was answered.Since it didn't suit you,you go off on another tangent.Quit wasting my time and go write another song about Krejci.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In Response to[QUOTE]Your comparing a player to Wideman that you didn't even know how many times that player scored over 27 goals in a season or that Marco scored 4 times more shorthanded goals than Paille. SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    I miscounted his trade year, big deal.  So I'll work for NESN rather than Smith Barney.  What's your point?  You enjoy seeing him go in alone as many times or more than Paille and come away with nothing or blowing elite playmaking efforts by Krejci and wiffing?  You like that stuff??  Is that the goal scorer we're talking about?
    [QUOTE]Sturm will be welcomed by his teammates
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Not as much as you might think.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

C'mon bim, you've stopped making sense while SanDog and dezaruchi are bombarding with logic and facts. 

Sturm will be a welcome addition to this team and is still a dangerous forward.  He's scored some huge playoff goals for us in recent years too.

This team lacks speed.  Period.  And until Seguin and Max Sauve develop into top 6 everyday players, we need all the speed that Sturm has to offer. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

Completely torn on this issue.

Dont forget Marco's knees are now replaced by 15lbs of plastic and ACL's once torn are more prone to tear again. Can his body handle the grind that someone with the type of speed he had has to deal with??

That is the question surronding Marco IMO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Completely torn on this issue. Dont forget Marco's knees are now replaced by 15lbs of plastic and ACL's once torn are more prone to tear again. Can his body handle the grind that someone with the type of speed he had has to deal with?? That is the question surronding Marco IMO.
    Posted by SeguinMyTime[/QUOTE]
    Until proven wrong,I'll assume Sturm still has gas left in the tank.To expect the worst of him(see Bim)without him getting a chance seems premature.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Completely torn on this issue. Dont forget Marco's knees are now replaced by 15lbs of plastic and ACL's once torn are more prone to tear again. Can his body handle the grind that someone with the type of speed he had has to deal with?? That is the question surronding Marco IMO.

15lbs of plastic?  Does he have Godzilla knees?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

We'll find out - that's what his rehab will determine. I'm not going to assume he'll be fine, and neither am I going to write him off. As a Bruins fan, I hope he's back to 100 percent and contributing, because I want the Bruins to succeed, and when he's playing well, he's valuable to this team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

15lbs!?!?!  WOW, where did he have them done, Slovakia or some third-world country?

Im not going to EXPECT the worse.  Its pro sports and the guy isnt going to come back if he cant.  If worst comes to worst and he has another blow out, theyll deal with it then.  Like I said before, until then, he can replace MANY guys on the current team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Who?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Who?
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    Paille,Marchand,Ryder,Recchi....shall I go on?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Please do, it's quite amusing.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I can't even believe you put Rex on that list.  You must'nt have seen the gritty dish to Horton for a sweet snipe the other night.  Rex is probably the best puck retrieval guy on the team, next to Bergy.  And his cap hit:value is ridiculous.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I can't even believe you put Rex on that list.  You must'nt have seen the gritty dish to Horton for a sweet snipe the other night.  Rex is probably the best puck retrieval guy on the team, next to Bergy.  And his cap hit:value is ridiculous.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    Rex is good for his age but not as good as Sturm.He was dropped to line 3 sunday because he played so poorly saturday.You're letting your personal likes cloud your judgement.By the way,when not one other person supports your opinion you should start thinking you might be wrong.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Sturm proves I'm right again and again and again.  It's all on tape.  And when he returns he will once again prove me right.  Now, he's even older and probably a 1/2 step slower, not to mention he's never had great finish.  The sooner the Bruins unload him, the better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Sturm proves I'm right again and again and again.  It's all on tape.  And when he returns he will once again prove me right.  Now, he's even older and probably a 1/2 step slower, not to mention he's never had  great finish.  The sooner the Bruins unload him, the better.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    Just because you say you're right over and over again doesn't make it so.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Sturm proves I'm right again and again and again.  It's all on tape.  And when he returns he will once again prove me right.  Now, he's even older and probably a 1/2 step slower, not to mention he's never had  great finish.  The sooner the Bruins unload him, the better.
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]
    All the video in the world won't change Sturm being far more valuable than Paille.