Mark Recchi: "We don't want (Colin Campbell) in our room."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BergysStache. Show BergysStache's posts

Mark Recchi: "We don't want (Colin Campbell) in our room."

Nice little story over at NESN. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when some Garden security guard tells him he's not allowed in the room...

http://www.nesn.com/2010/03/colin-campbell-not-welcome-in-bruins-dressing-room.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wboi92287. Show wboi92287's posts

Re: Mark Recchi: "We don't want (Colin Campbell) in our room."

Recchi for 7th Player Award Winner

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

If I was CJ I would tell Colon "I'm here to coach the team, it's obviously up to the players if they want to step outside the lines and take things into their own hands, and that's in line with the current policy promoted by the NHL executives".

Then dismiss him....as for what CJ would tell his team, "don't care what you do as long as an ambulance doesn't cart a player away tonight, other than that, you do what you need to do."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Actually I think a better pregame from julien would be "as outlined by mister campbell here, a blideside shoulder to the head is well with in the rules of play, we currently have no repeat offenders on the squad.. and even a small elbow isn't intent to injure if you lead with the shoulder, let's get out there and play some hockey"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from choclab511. Show choclab511's posts

roler, you hit the nail on the head!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Mark Recchi: "We don't want (Colin Campbell) in our room.":
    Recchi for 7th Player Award Winner
    Posted by {xtodaz}

Now that you mention it, he should be considered for it anyway - right after NOBODY and right before Johnny Boychuk.

The only problem with rolyhockey's plan is that a head shot of any kind in tonight's game will lead to a suspension - they'll invoke Germanic Wergilt if they have to to justify the decision, but they will come down hard if anyone tries to duplicate Cooke's hit, especially on Crosby.  It will be seen as an obvious attempt to injure rather than "just an unfortunate hockey play" because of the circumstances.  As always, retaliation gets you a penalty.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Bookboy, any suspension I am sure the players association would appeal for inconsistancy, Colin deemed it a legal hit..  Anyhow, I don't really believe in that, and I don't think the hit falls on crosby nor should it the "code" is that cooke is responsible for his actions.. I have said on a couple threads I think the best response is going to be yes a fight early on, but play the pens hard all night, Put some runs in on fleury.. And keep the crease clear, anyone standing in or at the crease after a whistle in the bruins end you put down, take control of the tone early..Make the ice feel small and make sure they don't want to be in that crease area digging for rebounds..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from knewjax hockey. Show knewjax hockey's posts

Exactly what roler said!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Bookboy, any suspension I am sure the players association would appeal for inconsistancy, Colin deemed it a legal hit..  Anyhow, I don't really believe in that, and I don't think the hit falls on crosby nor should it the "code" is that cooke is responsible for his actions.. I have said on a couple threads I think the best response is going to be yes a fight early on, but play the pens hard all night, Put some runs in on fleury.. And keep the crease clear, anyone standing in or at the crease after a whistle in the bruins end you put down, take control of the tone early..Make the ice feel small and make sure they don't want to be in that crease area digging for rebounds..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Player Association?  Are you kidding me.  Don't count on it.

They are part of the problem.
    Did we hear even a peep out of the Players Association when Savard was carted off?

The only time the Player Association seems to step in is when they think the suspension is 'too long'.

I think the Player Association is negligent when it comes to policing their own membership.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinscam. Show bruinscam's posts

no revenge will happen,,bruins will lose game and lose face  ,then miss playoffs  pathetic

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Actually I think a better pregame from julien would be "as outlined by mister campbell here, a blideside shoulder to the head is well with in the rules of play, we currently have no repeat offenders on the squad.. and even a small elbow isn't intent to injure if you lead with the shoulder, let's get out there and play some hockey" Posted by rolerhoky19

This

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Love the comment !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

i dont care who gets suspended.  Dont hate me for saying that, but im not particularly anxious to get blown out in the first rd of the playoffs.  If we lose and miss the playoffs , so what.  We arent getting past the first round , anyways.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

i went to many celtics games that the celtics lost on purpose (in the greg oden sweepstakes).  was it tough to endure as a fan? yes.  did i recognize that it was in the best long term interest of the team? yes. 

id rather finish near the bottom (and have 2 awesome draft picks) than be an 8 seed and get blown out in the first rd....

...just sayin....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

They opened a pandora's box by not suspending Richards and they had no choice not to suspend Cooke.  That is why they are all excited and nervous right now and are trying to implement a new rule as soon as possible.  They know that the won't be able to suspend any kind of hits like that.  If they do they are not respecting their own rules.  Therefore i say hit the Pens from the blind side everytime you have a chance before they change the rule.  You will see how fast they will change the rule if something happens tonight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Now how can Colin Campbell go to the Bruins lockeroom and show his face ?
    Wisniewski GOT 8 GAMES ! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

I want to see Cooke And Crosby go down- no excuses!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I can't wait to hear Colin Campbell congratulate the Bruin players for being super nice.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BergysStache. Show BergysStache's posts

I can't wait to hear Colin Campbell congratulate the Bruin players for being super nice.
    Posted by BsLegion

Ha! After last nights performance someone on the B's better win the freaking Lady Byng trophy...

Sections
Shortcuts