Mark Recchi has Unfinished Business

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Mark Recchi has Unfinished Business

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfSkNLoy2G0

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Re: Mark Recchi has Unfinished Business

Thanks duinne, but I am worried about this team.
    I know there were injuries last year, but the team's work ethic and "heart" were in question all year, ending in that epic collapse.
    The front office promised changes, and then went out and re-signed most of their free agents.
    Their only trade was to bring in a player whose work ethic and "heart" have been in question most of his young career.
    Except for the fact that they are playing in perhaps the weakest division in the NHL, I would be doubtful this team could compete for a playoff spot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Interesting clip this is Boston's 3rd year to go to the finals. If not good bye vets Savard,chara,thornton rechhi thomas sturm ryder. Next years young will take over

Looch Krejci Horton
    Wheels Bergy Seguin
    Caron Colborne Hamil
    Paille Campbell Marchand
    Knight Suave
    Boychuk Sieds
    Stuart Mcquiad
    Bartowski ?????

Rask
    ??????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Mark Recchi has Unfinished Business:
    [QUOTE]   Thanks duinne, but I am worried about this team. I know there were injuries last year, but the team's work ethic and "heart" were in question all year, ending in that epic collapse. The front office promised changes, and then went out and re-signed most of their free agents. Their only trade was to bring in a player whose work ethic and "heart" have been in question most of his young career. Except for the fact that they are playing in perhaps the weakest division in the NHL, I would be doubtful this team could compete for a playoff spot.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

Well, first of all, this is just a fun video, and second of all, are you KIDDING?

Please. Do a google search and see what hockey people are saying. This is a damn good team. I could go into great detail about why, but I've had it. Drop the puck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]   Thanks duinne, but I am worried about this team. I know there were injuries last year, but the team's work ethic and "heart" were in question all year, ending in that epic collapse. The front office promised changes, and then went out and re-signed most of their free agents. Their only trade was to bring in a player whose work ethic and "heart" have been in question most of his young career. Except for the fact that they are playing in perhaps the weakest division in the NHL, I would be doubtful this team could compete for a playoff spot.
    Weakest division?The southeast is far weaker and the Atlantic is no stronger.I don't know on what basis you're forming this opinion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

haha

Pretty sure the division with:
    ATL
    TB
    FLA
    WSH
    CAR
    is by far the weakest outside of WSH.

And doubtful they would compete for a playoff spot gimme a break.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

biggskye, your joking right? The weakest division in the NHL!!!! Doubtful they could compete for a playoff spot!!!

Did you even look at last years standings before you made that statement? The only team in the Northeast division that didn't make the playoffs was Toronto who were almost dead last.

The weakest division in the NHL is easily the Southeastern and the only reason the Capitols have ever exceeded 100 pts. They easily get 30 free points a season because of there 24 divisional games. Its a basically a handicap and the reason they never advance in the playoffs.

The Northeast is a highly competitive division and exciting to watch, because any team has a chance. If you can't see how this team has improved over the break, then go cheer for the Capitols or Penguins like all the other fair weather fans.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Recchi has Unfinished Business : Well, first of all, this is just a fun video, and second of all, are you KIDDING? Please. Do a google search and see what hockey people are saying. This is a damn good team. I could go into great detail about why, but I've had it. Drop the puck.  
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

The only thing I said about the video, was to thank you for posting it. I have no idea why you felt the need to defend it.
       I don't need to do a google search. I was just giving MY opinion. There was no need for your condescending attitude.
    I will look elsewhere for civil discussions.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]   biggskye, your joking right? The weakest division in the NHL!!!! Doubtful they could compete for a playoff spot!!!    Did you even look at last years standings before you made that statement? The only team in the Northeast division that didn't make the playoffs was Toronto who were almost dead last.    The weakest division in the NHL is easily the Southeastern and the only reason the Capitols have ever exceeded 100 pts. They easily get 30 free points a season because of there 24 divisional games. Its a basically a handicap and the reason they never advance in the playoffs.    The Northeast is a highly competitive division and exciting to watch, because any team has a chance. If you can't see how this team has improved over the break, then go cheer for the Capitols or Penguins like all the other fair weather fans.
    Posted by captainbergeron[/QUOTE]
       The SE division had a combined total of 6 less points than the NE division.
    I do not think saying the NE could be weaker this year, is such a leap.
     I think the Capitals exceeding 100 points might have something to do with, Ovechkin, Backstrom,Semin, and Green, rather than the division.
    Your last sentence indicates to me that I am conversing with a 12 year old.
    I have been cheering for this team, and no other, since 1966.
    I guess I'm just fickle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I've actually done this analysis.  If you consider only wins/losses (so no points for OT!) you can actually figure out how a division did when playing against the rest of the league.

Last season, the NE was a collective -16 against the rest of the league.
    The SE was a collective -30.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]Interesting clip this is Boston's 3rd year to go to the finals. If not good bye vets Savard,chara,thornton rechhi thomas sturm ryder. Next years young will take over Looch Krejci Horton Wheels Bergy Seguin Caron Colborne Hamil Paille Campbell Marchand Knight Suave Boychuk Sieds Stuart Mcquiad Bartowski ????? Rask ??????
    Posted by Canbostondoit[/QUOTE]

Lucic - Bergeron - Horton
    Caron - Krejci - Seguin
    Sauve - Spooner - Colborne
    Paille - Campbell - Thornton
    Knight

Chara - Seidenberg
    Stuart - Boychuk
    Ference - Bartkowski
    Kampfer

Rask
    Schaefer

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]I've actually done this analysis.  If you consider only wins/losses (so no points for OT!) you can actually figure out how a division did when playing against the rest of the league. Last season, the NE was a collective -16 against the rest of the league. The SE was a collective -30.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]
       I was thinking of checking that stat, but didn't have the energy:)
    I agree the division was weaker last year, but I think Buffalo, Ottawa, and Montreal have all regressed this year.
    Again, this is just my opinion, but Buffalo live or dies on Miller. Ottawa just dies because of their goaltending. and Montreal's goaltending could be a huge issue.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

yeah biggskye, cant see how you think it's doubful, since that team that lacked so much heart and had one of the most injury plagues seasons in recent memory (all key players too!) actually DID make the playoffs...and untill that game 4 against philly, they had a pretty decent run too! 
    This years team is an improvement on last years.  I'd honestly be shocked if they DIDN'T make the playoffs this year.

I'm not expecting an absolutely outstand year, but considering they are a better team than last year and have made it to the playoffs the past few years I dont see how they cant make it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

bigskye, I not sure how you complain about the condescending tone you're getting, and then immediately state that you must be "conversing with a 12 year old" in your post...

Anyhow, I think people are reacting strongly because the southeast does seem really bad, much worse than the northeast in recent years.  But you certainly could be right about Ottawa and Montreal regressing with some major question marks in goal this year.  I think it will be a huge disappointment if the Bruins miss the playoffs this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]bigskye, I not sure how you complain about the condescending tone you're getting, and then immediately state that you must be "conversing with a 12 year old" in your post... Anyhow, I think people are reacting strongly because the southeast does seem really bad, much worse than the northeast in recent years.  But you certainly could be right about Ottawa and Montreal regressing with some major question marks in goal this year.  I think it will be a huge disappointment if the Bruins miss the playoffs this year.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
      I was wondering if someone would call me out on that 12 yo remark:)
    Your right, but it irritates me when I have been cheering for this franchise for 44 years, and someone calls me a fairweather fan, simply because I expressed concern about the upcoming season. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Mark Recchi has Unfinished Business:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Recchi has Unfinished Business : I agree the division was weaker last year, but I think Buffalo, Ottawa, and Montreal have all regressed this year.Again, this is just my opinion, but Buffalo live or dies on Miller. Ottawa just dies because of their goaltending. and Montreal's goaltending could be a huge issue. Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

I agree with you that the NE teams have regressed but not Boston. We will have full years from Seidenberg, Boychuk, Horton, Sequin, Caron with the negation of Wideman, Begin and not relying fully on Ryder and Sturm to score ? Gooood stuff!

Southeast division not so much Florida nuff said, Carolina all about Ward's back, Tampa great top six forwards then drop off and Caps another great regular season but then ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]yeah biggskye, cant see how you think it's doubful, since that team that lacked so much heart and had one of the most injury plagues seasons in recent memory (all key players too!) actually DID make the playoffs...and untill that game 4 against philly, they had a pretty decent run too!  This years team is an improvement on last years.  I'd honestly be shocked if they DIDN'T make the playoffs this year. I'm not expecting an absolutely outstand year, but considering they are a better team than last year and have made it to the playoffs the past few years I dont see how they cant make it.
    Posted by DaveyN[/QUOTE]
     I hope your right, although saying "had one of the most injury plagued seasons in recent memory" maybe somewhat of an over-statement:)
    IMO, the loss of Sturm, and especially Savard, leave the goalies with no room for error. The bruins are going to play a lot of 2-1 and 3-2 games, and their season may come down to their success in OT and shootouts.
    I don't remember them being very good in those situations.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Recchi has Unfinished Business :   I was wondering if someone would call me out on that 12 yo remark:) Your right, but it irritates me when I have been cheering for this franchise for 44 years, and someone calls me a fairweather fan, simply because I expressed concern about the upcoming season. 

Understood, and I have no problem with your somewhat less optimistic outlook for the season.  I agree with you that they will have trouble scoring again, but I think they are better than Ottawa, Montreal, and Toronto -- key teams they will play against a lot.  They have the best goalie depth in the league, in my opinion, and also have that hulking, Norris trophy winning anchor on the blueline.  I am very optimistic, even if it is as much hopeful as realistic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Recchi has Unfinished Business : Understood, and I have no problem with your somewhat less optimistic outlook for the season.  I agree with you that they will have trouble scoring again, but I think they are better than Ottawa, Montreal, and Toronto -- key teams they will play against a lot.  They have the best goalie depth in the league, in my opinion, and also have that hulking, Norris trophy winning anchor on the blueline.  I am very optimistic, even if it is as much hopeful as realistic.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Now I just called bruins8 moronic on another post, so I guess I should apologise to duinne :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Recchi has Unfinished Business : Now I just called bruins8 moronic on another post, so I guess I should apologise to duinne :)

But bruins8 is...mor....ahhh, nevermind.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Don't care if bigskye thinks the Bruins might struggle -- they have question marks like most other teams, and it's a reasonable opinion. However, that video is AWESOME.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Recchi has Unfinished Business : Well, first of all, this is just a fun video, and second of all, are you KIDDING? Please. Do a google search and see what hockey people are saying. This is a damn good team. I could go into great detail about why, but I've had it. Drop the puck.  
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

I prefer to form my own opinions. 

This team has questionable defense, questionable heart and unclear goal scoring ability.  I'm certainly not confident that they will have a great season.

I'll still watch all the games and love every game, but that's because I"m a hockey fan.

Sections
Shortcuts