Mark Recchi

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

Mark Recchi

It seemed at the start of the year he looked old and done, but in the second half of the year he has looked alot better. So I was looking at the Bruins stats and saw that he is tied for the 3rd most goals on the team with 17 and also in 3rd of most points.

So do the Bruins let 1 of there top 3 scorers go and retire or try and bring him back for 1 more year. He has played every game this year and is playing for short money like a million a year or so.

On a team such as this I don't think the Bruins can let him. what do you all think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

Re: Mark Recchi

I dont think that can bring him back. I know he's done well this year, but he would be another year older and they need a younger scorer. And If they get one of the kids in the draft that wins a spot out of training camp then having Recchi would make it harder on the cap. But who knows with PC, may be the only thing he can afford to do this offseason

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Mark Recchi:
       It seemed at the start of the year he looked old and done, but in the second half of the year he has looked alot better. So I was looking at the Bruins stats and saw that he is tied for the 3rd most goals on the team with 17 and also in 3rd of most points.    So do the Bruins let 1 of there top 3 scorers go and retire or try and bring him back for 1 more year. He has played every game this year and is playing for short money like a million a year or so.    On a team such as this I don't think the Bruins can let him. what do you all think?
    Posted by BuckNakie

Without question, Recchi, has been a bright spot this year.  The kicker in todays NHL is all about value, and his short money, versus his contribution, has been outstanding.  His particular body type, as well as his skill set,  is also conducive to longevity.
    If he wants to stay here and play one more year, if the price is right, and Recchi's comfortable with his assignment(which will probably also be a big factor), I'll be surprised if PC doesn't want him back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

It has been a pleasure watching this future HOFer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

I would bring him back for another year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCUBA319. Show SCUBA319's posts

I would def bring him back.. Hes a great leader that can still produce..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

He sure knows the effort and perserverance it takes to win . If every Bruin played like him every game they would have won their division this year , easy .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I hope he comes back, but he almost called it off last year. If he's willing I'd be more than happy to keep him, at the same money though.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moogfan35. Show moogfan35's posts

In Response to Re: Mark Recchi:
    how can you say that keeping him would negatively effect the cap. A third liner for a million dollars who plays on the powerplay is a bargain.
    Posted by pbergeron37

Hey Bergy,
     Was this response to my post?  If it was I only said it would make it harder against the cap, with the way everyone wants the B's to go out and rebuild the team, that $1 might be better spent someplace else.  But if somehow PC channels Harry Sinden this off-season and is able to get rid of some dead weight contracts, then keeping Recchi is a no brainer, he shows why he has been in the league for 22 yrs, he works hard, a good leader and still contributes.  but I dont see PC being able to move any of those contracts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I will not let him go if he retires he will be great future coach or player developement or scouting. Rechhi knows hockey and potential for being in the Bruins organization after retirement he has good attitude and will be great for developing the younger players and maybe send him into Providence to learn coaching.
    Overall Rechhi should remain as a Bruin for future jobs not just a player.

Sections
Shortcuts