Maybe it's time to start looking at Julien

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryder73. Show ryder73's posts

Maybe it's time to start looking at Julien

Mark Recchi all over the ice. In overtime and in the shootout!? Are you f***** kidding me.. while Michael Ryder sits on the bench on OT and shoot out. 

I watched this whole game. Recchi lost the puck every single time. Bergeron and Ryder were there best forwards and teh only ones creating any offense. 

If he was sending a message to Ryder that was a bad bad move. Too many guys are under performing to single him out. 

Again, he was by far oneof there best forwards tonight and Recchi by far the worst. 

Maybe this is why Julien loses his jobs?  Just saying... this was bad.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Maybe it's time to start looking at Julien

Agree. Ryder and Bergeron are playing well. Sturm is shooting. Recchi looks slow and lost. Our scorers need to do better. Timmy has done enough these past few games to give us wins!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Recchi should only be used as a PP special teams guy, with limited 3rd line minutes, and lots of talking in the dressing room. I agree he is being overused for his skillset.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Had he scored, we'd be saying, he is brilliant.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryder73. Show ryder73's posts

In Response to Re: Maybe it's time to start looking at Julien:
    Recchi should only be used as a PP special teams guy, with limited 3rd line minutes, and lots of talking in the dressing room. I agree he is being overused for his skillset.
    Posted by dhitch

4th line or he should be home. Him and Thornton. Did he forget he is a fighter. Isnt his job to do something to get guys going? Why is he on this team? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffersonjames. Show jeffersonjames's posts

People just love to dismiss his firings from Montreal and New Jersey in the middle of seasons but there were obviously reasons... Maybe the players are tuning him out?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryder73. Show ryder73's posts

Posted by BruinsUnite

No i wouldnt. I know what i see and i know hockey. He is too slow to play in this league now. He has all the knowledge in the world about hockey but he still cant get to lose pucks, loses the puck allllllllllllll the time, cant skate for his life and obviously cant shoot anymore. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

19+ mins 3rd highest of any forward then a top 3 shoot out pick & out there on the 4 on 4....CJ is a idiot

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffersonjames. Show jeffersonjames's posts

Someone said it before on here, Recchi skates like he has a piano on his back

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lafleur1979. Show Lafleur1979's posts

Ryder is NOT a player for the shoot-out (certainly he was not while in Mtl). He's a sniper and I don't think he would do better than Recchi in that particular situation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Maybe it's time to start looking at Julien:
    Mark Recchi all over the ice. In overtime and in the shootout!? Are you f***** kidding me.. while Michael Ryder sits on the bench on OT and shoot out.  I watched this whole game. Recchi lost the puck every single time. Bergeron and Ryder were there best forwards and teh only ones creating any offense.  If he was sending a message to Ryder that was a bad bad move. Too many guys are under performing to single him out.  Again, he was by far oneof there best forwards tonight and Recchi by far the worst.  Maybe this is why Julien loses his jobs?  Just saying... this was bad.
    Posted by ryder73

Maybe he was rewarding him for the great play in the last minute to beat his man to the puck back to the point which resulted in Bergeron goal, maybe if he doesn't do that we are not talking about a shoot out..but instead 9 periods of shutout hockey on the scoreboard.. Excuse me did your namesake do anything tonite to warrant being rewarded for a shootout attempt..

I thought the Bruins controlled the game and had lots of opportunities..What they outshot them almost 2-1 , give kudos to Price he was outstanding , and when was the last time you could say that..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Young guys!!! Young guys are good at shootouts...its all they practice!!!! How have coaches not noticed this yet and clued in?!?!

Marchand...Sobotka...Lehtinen...these guys should be going down there! In Juliens defense, I think the only reason Rec went was that it was a clutch situation needing a goal to go on, and many wouldnt have a successful attempt with that kind of big league pressure. Another game, another day of missing Kessel. I stand by my original criticism of Mgmt for that one..but we wont get into that again...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Yeh- what is it with Julien and Recchi? How does that happen?
    I can't imagine how he came to that decision, other than he's an idiot.
    That's even more f@%*&d up then when he had PJ on the power play.
    Makes me think about NJ letting him go.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Young guys!!! Young guys are good at shootouts...its all they practice!!!! How have coaches not noticed this yet and clued in?!?! Marchand...Sobotka...Lehtinen...these guys should be going down there! In Juliens defense, I think the only reason Rec went was that it was a clutch situation needing a goal to go on, and many wouldnt have a successful attempt with that kind of big league pressure. Another game, another day of missing Kessel. I stand by my original criticism of Mgmt for that one..but we wont get into that again...
    Posted by dhitch

Hitch, you can't fault management if the kid didn't want to play here.. He wanted out for whatever reason..Don't tell me PC could not have signed him even if he overpaid at 5.4mil if he wanted..  Let it go Man! Kessel is not the be all and end all.. I was not a fan...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Fair enough cowboys9, your entitled to your opinion. Personally I would never trade my top scorer, let alone a guy under 25 just hitting his stride. I would have given him 6M and let someone else go, anyone else. I think boston nation will come around to that idea after he continues to rise to an eventual 50 goal scorer, which I believe is within his grasp during his career. (Just maybe not in Toronto haha). Thats all I have to say about that topic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ryder73. Show ryder73's posts

In Response to Maybe it's time to start looking at Julien : Maybe he was rewarding him for the great play in the last minute to beat his man to the puck back to the point which resulted in Bergeron goal, maybe if he doesn't do that we are not talking about a shoot out..but instead 9 periods of shutout hockey on the scoreboard.. Excuse me did your namesake do anything tonite to warrant being rewarded for a shootout attempt.. I thought the Bruins controlled the game and had lots of opportunities..What they outshot them almost 2-1 , give kudos to Price he was outstanding , and when was the last time you could say that..
    Posted by cowboys9

Recchi played a Bergeron faceoff win back to the point. Just like any pee wee hockey player would have done.  Come with something better than this please. I have no affection for Michael Ryder. It's just a name. He is 100% a better played than Mark Recchi so he should have been out there.. and yes, i saw him do a lot with and without the puck tonight. Recchi is not being blasted for hard work. You are only reading what he is at this point in his career. Hard work, no results and hurting your line mates does not cut it. He is done and you either know nothing about hockey or are his cousin. ha! ha!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Maybe it's time to start looking at Julien : Recchi played a Bergeron faceoff win back to the point. Just like any pee wee hockey player would have done.  Come with something better than this please. I have no affection for Michael Ryder. It's just a name. He is 100% a better played than Mark Recchi so he should have been out there.. and yes, i saw him do a lot with and without the puck tonight. Recchi is not being blasted for hard work. You are only reading what he is at this point in his career. Hard work, no results and hurting your line mates does not cut it. He is done and you either know nothing about hockey or are his cousin. ha! ha!
    Posted by ryder73

I wish he was my cousin..HAHA!! I hate my current one.. I think you can make a list of Bruins who are hurting this club more right now before you get to my cousin, would you like me to start?  1. Sturm, 2, Wheeler, 3. Wideman, 4. Ryder. 5. Krejci.. I could add a few more..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

The issue isn't Recchi and it isn't Wideman (I have seen too many threads about Wideman here). No one is playing well, with the exception of Thomas and about 2 other guys. Say what you will but Thomas allowed 4 goals (in regulation time) in the last 3 games. Goaltending isn't the issue.

Show me one player who is playing to his potential
    , aside from Bergie (playing well but he can't score if he's the only one on the line working hard) and Savvy, who isn's supposed to be the prime goal-scorer but had 4 goals and 3 assists in 7 games, not to mention all the plays he set up, which don't appear in the stats.

Pointing the finger at one guy is a mistake. Pointing the finger at lack of team chemistry is not. But you know, it's an entirely new team with lines that differ greatly from the lines of 08/09. There's no way they were just going to suddely start playing really well together, right from the start, and there is no way this was ever going to be a team performing like last season's team. It's not the same team.

Moreover, lines are being changed constantly, and there has been no opportunity, as of yet, for the guys to get comfortable with their respective roles. Sobotka and Wheeler look like they're well on their way. Case in point:

Most of these guys are playing like headless chckens rught now, bouncing off each other on the ice and hitting each other in the face with the puck while trying to make passes (a circus). But the chemistry, if it comes, must only come after the lines have grown accustomed to one another. My optimism gives them about a month before I start to panic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hARRIS666. Show hARRIS666's posts

Stupid idea, change the coach. The players are on the ice...Kevin Paul "The Genius" Dupont, stated the Bruins won't miss Kessel's 36 goals. He's an idiot.  Kessel created space on the ice for others to be free to put shots on goal. You have to many overpriced lugs. They threw 4 million at Ryder, because Julien liked him, Strum is overpriced to...dump these salaries asap and get young hungry" players. It's a joke that these "professionals" can't score goals...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hate to say it, but Recchi is a problem, but he's a big problem largely because of the chemistry issues.  This team cannot pass right now.  I guess the ice was bad last night, but it was more than that.  You can't play a possession game if you can't pass because you can't string a few quick relays together to give someone both the time and the space to create a real chance.  Everytime Bergeron has the puck for a second and then makes a pass, the world looks calmer because he's in control and he passes control with the puck.  Then the next pass is slightly off and the guy receiving it loses a half-second shifting from his backhand to his forehand or digging the puck off the wall or out of his skates.  The lanes are now gone and there's a checker on top of him.  Hard to create 'easy' goals under those conditions.

The best way to restore control in that situation is move.  Again, Bergeron does this all the time, and Savard's great at it on the PP.  Change the angles, settle the puck down, and make the checker peel off to protect the lanes.  Recchi can't do this anymore.  He can still skate in a straight line, but the quick change of direction you need when your options are limited, well that's gone.  That's why he had those two turnovers near the blueline on the PP.  All he had to do was turn back toward the half-wall rather than try a risky pass to the far point.  That's the kind of bad judgement stemming from physical limitations that would get a tired rookie benched or sent down.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, and Wheeler deserves a bit of a pass on this one.  Good chip and chase on a couple of occasions.  Used his speed better today than most games this year, and generated some good chances.  Needs to bury them.  Ryder had his most creative game, too, with some great bursts.  Slurm needs a GPS to find the net.  Wow.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

BruinsUnite
    Best post ever ty

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFU-Yankee-fans. Show STFU-Yankee-fans's posts

Posted by BruinsUnite

HOW TRUE... Someone with a brain....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Maybe it's time to start looking at Julien:
    Mark Recchi all over the ice. In overtime and in the shootout!? Are you f***** kidding me.. while Michael Ryder sits on the bench on OT and shoot out.  I watched this whole game. Recchi lost the puck every single time. Bergeron and Ryder were there best forwards and teh only ones creating any offense.  If he was sending a message to Ryder that was a bad bad move. Too many guys are under performing to single him out.  Again, he was by far oneof there best forwards tonight and Recchi by far the worst.  Maybe this is why Julien loses his jobs?  Just saying... this was bad.
    Posted by ryder73

In hindsight the decision to let RECCHI shoot probably cost the BRUINS the game. I thought his game and shootout chance were "disturbing". But I will stay
    loyal to coach JULIEN for this reason. IMO he knows RECCHI is struggling. Perhaps he was willing to give Mark a chance to do something positive for himself and the team to get him going for the long term,  over risking  1 point at this stage of the season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joebondo. Show joebondo's posts

Close to 40 shots last night, thats not bad coaching.  thats alot of chances with very few Lucky breaks.  Bruins have outshot every team this losing streak.  All it takes is a few to hit the twine to reverse the direction.  If we were as hapless as the Wild Id be worried, but were moving the puck and putting it on goal, just need a couple to go in.

Sections
Shortcuts