McGrattan : 1 year deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

McGrattan : 1 year deal

http://www.nesn.com/2010/10/bruins-officially-sign-brian-mcgrattan-to-one-year-contract.html
    The Bruins aren’t going to be pushed around by anyone this season.

On Monday, the team signed heavyweight forward Brian McGrattan to a one-year contract.

The 6-foot-4, 235-pound enforcer was invited to Bruins training camp and traveled with the team to Europe but did not see any game action in Belfast or Prague.

Drafted by the Los Angeles Kings in 1999, McGrattan has played in 182 career NHL games, splitting time with the Ottawa Senators, Phoenix Coyotes and Calgary Flames. Last season, he played 34 games for Calgary, tallying four points (one goal, three assists) and 86 penalty minutes.  

The 29-year-old Hamilton, Ontario, native holds the AHL record for penalty minutes, racking up 551 in 71 games with the Binghamton Senators in the 2004-05 season.
    Source : NESN

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT SIGNING ?? GOOD or BAD ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: McGrattan : 1 year deal

In Response to McGrattan : 1 year deal:
    [QUOTE]http://www.nesn.com/2010/10/bruins-officially-sign-brian-mcgrattan-to-one-year-contract.html The Bruins aren’t going to be pushed around by anyone this season. On Monday, the team signed heavyweight forward Brian McGrattan to a one-year contract. The 6-foot-4, 235-pound enforcer was invited to Bruins training camp and traveled with the team to Europe but did not see any game action in Belfast or Prague. Drafted by the Los Angeles Kings in 1999, McGrattan has played in 182 career NHL games, splitting time with the Ottawa Senators, Phoenix Coyotes and Calgary Flames. Last season, he played 34 games for Calgary, tallying four points (one goal, three assists) and 86 penalty minutes.   The 29-year-old Hamilton, Ontario, native holds the AHL record for penalty minutes, racking up 551 in 71 games with the Binghamton Senators in the 2004-05 season. Source : NESN WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT SIGNING ?? GOOD or BAD ?
    Posted by Peanator[/QUOTE]

Probably hired just for colton orr, who fights carkner every time they play the sens.  someone needs to crack colton orr's head, and phaneuf, too.  both are total punks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

In Response to Re: McGrattan : 1 year deal:
    [QUOTE]In Response to McGrattan : 1 year deal : Probably hired just for colton orr, who fights carkner every time they play the sens.  someone needs to crack colton orr's head, and phaneuf, too.  both are total punks.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

You're right !

I watch many fights by McGrattan on youtube and he is very tough ! A street fighter !

I can't wait to see him shake Colton Orr and Lucic turtles Komisarek !  vs Leafs
    : )

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McGrattan : 1 year deal : You're right ! I watch many fights by McGrattan on youtube and he is very tough ! A street fighter ! I can't wait to see him shake Colton Orr and Lucic turtles Komisarek !  vs Leafs : )

If you want to see hockey fights, hockeyfights.com is the best place.  Youtube gives you sh*t quality bro.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MacV. Show MacV's posts

NESN WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT SIGNING ?? GOOD or BAD ?

Smart move. Was watching Toronto the other night. Did not realize they picked up Mike Brown who is playing with Colton Orr. Then take Ottawa with Neil and Carkner, Rangers with Boogaard and we know Philly is quite capable. This is to much for Thorton, he is a good fighter and willing to go but not a real heavy weight. With McGratton teams with think twice about taking liberties with the Bruins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I agree with macv not only keeping alignment for other Bruins but Mcgrattan and Reich in Prov. can be also good for the prospects to be taught how be NHL tough and ready for call ups.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

They might not get "pushed around," but they will be skated around with players like McGrattan on the ice...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to McGrattan : 1 year deal : Probably hired just for colton orr, who fights carkner every time they play the sens.  someone needs to crack colton orr's head, and phaneuf, too.  both are total punks.
    BadHab, buddy.  Did Phaneuf date your sister or something?  You really have a hate on for this guy.

Phaneuf has been playing some good hockey for the Leafs although he's not worth 6.5 million.  I was hoping Chara would come over to the Leafs so that Burke can say he used the entire cap for 6 defencemen.....LOL.

I don't think either player are punks, though.  Orr doesn't hurt the team when he's playing his 4th line role.  He is very effective at what he does.  If McGratton suits up against the Leafs this year, I hope he plays a lot of minutes.

Seriously, I think McGrattan's better days are behind him, thought, but I'm glad he's getting a paycheck.  He's had a bit of a hard time lately.   I hate to see what happens to guys like McGrattan.  They do all the hard sledging for teams, then quickly get abandoned when they start to lose fights or the 'next great fighting kid' comes along.  It seems to happen to most of them eventually.

Orr, by the way, cleaned McGratton's clock
    http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/88601

Your enforcer can't hurt your team when he's out there.  Orr can skate, gets the odd goal and plays responsible defense for the most part.  I think Thorton does his role well for the Bruins too.   I applaud PC for giving McGratton a contract.  I hope the guys can scratch out a couple more years....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Given that many NHL teams added enforcers, this was a good signing.  I believe some team signed a 6'-7" player who will certainly challenge the status quo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with macv not only keeping alignment for other Bruins but Mcgrattan and Reich in Prov. can be also good for the prospects to be taught how be NHL tough and ready for call ups.
    Posted by Canbostondoit[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's probably more to protect the kids in Providence if he does end up there.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeguinMyTime. Show SeguinMyTime's posts

Yeah i get the distinct feeling that McGratts is here for two reasons.

1) is to be a call-up when the B's play against someone like Orr and to also be a callup enforcer if any liberties are taken on players by a certain team for the rematch.

2) Is to protect and lead the Baby B's

Reich is in Provy for the same reason.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

LRH does Orr do all of that in the 4 to 5 minutes he plays? Cmon Orr is just a goon and thats it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to McGrattan : 1 year deal:
    [QUOTE]http://www.nesn.com/2010/10/bruins-officially-sign-brian-mcgrattan-to-one-year-contract.html The Bruins aren’t going to be pushed around by anyone this season. On Monday, the team signed heavyweight forward Brian McGrattan to a one-year contract. The 6-foot-4, 235-pound enforcer was invited to Bruins training camp and traveled with the team to Europe but did not see any game action in Belfast or Prague. Drafted by the Los Angeles Kings in 1999, McGrattan has played in 182 career NHL games, splitting time with the Ottawa Senators, Phoenix Coyotes and Calgary Flames. Last season, he played 34 games for Calgary, tallying four points (one goal, three assists) and 86 penalty minutes.   The 29-year-old Hamilton, Ontario, native holds the AHL record for penalty minutes, racking up 551 in 71 games with the Binghamton Senators in the 2004-05 season. Source : NESN WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT SIGNING ?? GOOD or BAD ?

With McGrattan in the fold someone please tell me what the purpose of Shawn Thornton is?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]LRH does Orr do all of that in the 4 to 5 minutes he plays? Cmon Orr is just a goon and thats it.
    Posted by lucicfan[/QUOTE]
    Orr is an enforcer.  All I meant to say is that your enforcer can't be a liability on the ice when he puts in his 5-6 minutes a game and from what I've seen of Orr since he's been a Leaf, is that he can play the game responsibly enough and knows when to pick his spots.

A goon goes out and picks a fight and he's done for the night.

I see Thorton is much the same way.  McGratton......not as much.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

ONCE AGAIN I WAS RIGHT ....predicted 1 month ago ..McGrattan over Thornton ...knew it after seeing this guy played just one game .....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[QUOTE]ONCE AGAIN I WAS RIGHT ....predicted 1 month ago ..McGrattan over Thornton ...knew it after seeing this guy played just one game .....
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]
    McGrattan will not see a quarter of the ice time that Thornton will get on the Boston Bruins this season unless Thornton goes down with an injury.  That's my prediction.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianBruin. Show CanadianBruin's posts

[QUOTE]ONCE AGAIN I WAS RIGHT ....predicted 1 month ago ..McGrattan over Thornton ...knew it after seeing this guy played just one game ..... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Thornton is still the day to day tough guy. McGratton will spend a lot of time in Providence, and come up for games that PC anticipates to be rough.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McGrattan : 1 year deal : Thornton is still the day to day tough guy. McGratton will spend a lot of time in Providence, and come up for games that PC anticipates to be rough.
    Posted by CanadianBruin[/QUOTE]

But isn't that what Shawn Thornton is for? In essence we are getting a tough guy for our tough guy. I would understand if we were talking about Lucic or Chara but we are talking about Shawn Thornton.

What is his purpose if he is not able to take on guys like Colton Orr. The guy brings very little to the table other then the left & the right. So if we have MCgrattan to take on the real heavy's what is the purpose of Thornton? I am sorry but I don't get it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

McGrattan is a useless employee.  I refuse to call him a hockey player.  Instead of taking a chance on some overlooked young player, they sign this clown.  He, and the rest of the employees like him across hockey, have no business outside of the QSPHL.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

At this juncture I honestly don't think there's anyone that can crack Orr's head! Him & the Boogyman are pretty much the two best scrappers right now.( "Dion don't take picture's Phaneuf) isn't in McGrattens league, but I made a $20 bet with a Leafs fan from work that Looch will clean his clock. The fight may not happen this season, but it will eventually.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]McGrattan is a useless employee.  I refuse to call him a hockey player.  Instead of taking a chance on some overlooked young player, they sign this clown.  He, and the rest of the employees like him across hockey, have no business outside of the QSPHL.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Very true. A lot of people really overestimate the value of a goon. And yes, Thornton and Mcgrattan are both goons

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McGrattan : 1 year deal : At this juncture I honestly don't think there's anyone that can crack Orr's head! Him & the Boogyman are pretty much the two best scrappers right now.( "Dion don't take picture's Phaneuf) isn't in McGrattens league, but I made a $20 bet with a Leafs fan from work that Looch will clean his clock. The fight may not happen this season, but it will eventually.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Orr got his head cracked bad tonight.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]McGrattan is a useless employee.  I refuse to call him a hockey player.  Instead of taking a chance on some overlooked young player, they sign this clown.  He, and the rest of the employees like him across hockey, have no business outside of the QSPHL.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Seems to still be alot of idiots (posting here) that want to see clowns like this "cracking heads."

So sad !

Waste o' cap space !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: McGrattan : 1 year deal : Seems to still be alot of idiots (posting here) that want to see clowns like this "cracking heads." So sad ! Waste o' cap space !
    Posted by RMiller87[/QUOTE]
    Sorry to offend you madam.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Wth the amount of money they're paying Thornton, shouldn't he be able to handle the job?